Samir Carruthers

VillanousOne

Having watched the Next Gen he seems like a really good prospect.

But, and I don't want to be harsh, he comes across as a total word removed.

i think that can be a good thing for a centre midfielder as he has a bit of cockiness about him and a bit of a nasty streak(not a malicious one but a footballing one) but is not afraid to complain at referee about decisions and makes the odd cynical tackle

Something we have lacked for a while in midfield

i dont want to see anymore kids in the first team for the rest of the season, i also think that baker, clark, albrighton, bannan, bennett, lichaj and bowery should be left in the reserves for the remainder of the season

with delph kick out of the club

I could see why you would like that to happen, As would probably most villa fans. But it's not very much of a useful statement. Like quoting "I'd like to win 50 thousand quid on this scratch card" Pretty obvious but little chance is it going to happen.

If we dropped them down we wouldn't benefit financially, just paying fairly good wages for reserve players. And it's not as if we're splashing out in recent years either...Basically not going to happen purely due to the fact we wouldn't be able to replace all 8 players (Also remembering it's not as if we have a huge squad at this moment)

i think that can be a good thing for a centre midfielder as he has a bit of cockiness about him and a bit of a nasty streak(not a malicious one but a footballing one) but is not afraid to complain at referee about decisions and makes the odd cynical tackle

Absolutely, it can be an asset. And he looks a good player.

Was just saying he does come across as a bit of a clearing in the woods. Having a go at anyone who was close to him, including his own players.

Absolutely, it can be an asset. And he looks a good player.

Was just saying he does come across as a bit of a clearing in the woods. Having a go at anyone who was close to him, including his own players.

Just doing his job as captain I imagine - and it worked.

(quoting you again)

When I used to got house parties n shit when I was 16/17, I knew his girlfriend and even at 15 he was buying shitloads of materialistic stuff. Definitely a bit of a cocky arse, but I don't care if he's good ;)

Have to agree, he looks and sounds like an extra from that Essex shit on TV.

Edited by Nath182

But hey, I'm not criticising him. if he puts that effort in every week and ends up being a good player for us he can be as much of a tosser as he likes. I'll forgive him :)

He really shouldn't be playing without a monocle, top hat and curly 'tache.  Carruthers.  CARRUTHERS.  What a **** brilliant surname.  I want him to make it, so we can partner him in midfield with Reginald Theseus-Pinkerton III and quaff heartilly at their combined success, I say.

Edited by GarethRDR

If he can walk the walk then the cockiness will benefit him. If he can't, then it will count against him (see David Bentley).

I think given our current predicament, any further youth introductions would be ill-advised. It's the amount of youth; or rather it's the amount of inexperience; that has us where we are. There's a time for blooding yoof and this ain't it.

In a case of necessity like that I can understand where you're coming from. Personally I'd still go with Albrighton in that situation, but in the normal course of events I wouldn't go near Carruthers where we currently are.

I think the general point still stands though. If it was a decision between him and A.N.Other who had more experience than him in whichever position was up for grabs, I'd probably go for that person.

i dont want to see anymore kids in the first team for the rest of the season, i also think that baker, clark, albrighton, bannan, bennett, lichaj and bowery should be left in the reserves for the remainder of the season

who exactly will we play then?

who exactly will we play then?

By the looks of it:

Guzan

-- Vlaar -- --

Weimann Sylla Westwood --

gabby Benteke

We're a bit weak in the defence there I fear...

Â