Samir Carruthers

VillanousOne

Like the look of Carruthers from what I've seen in the reserves and Nextgen. Tidy player. You can tell he's come from Arsenal, got some silky skills and goes down easily. Saying that, I think that was more of a penalty than any of Liverpool's claims.

I'm surprised he went with Carruthers actually. I would have thought Johnson was the next cab off the rank. He did some ok stuff, though, worth seeing more.

Carruthers is better winger than Albrighton so if he gets played on that right wing Albrighton won't play for us again.. Carruthers has a lot more to his game. He's the closest we'll get to an Oxlade-Chamberlain type in our squad.

Hopefully the bullshit yellow he received yesterday will spur him on in his next appearance for us. If it does, then he's the type of player we need - not someone who's going to have a little cry about it.

Samir Carruthers ‏ @SamirCarruthers

Can't believe it,, I'll never forget this day,, debut against Liverpool and should of had a pen! Fans were unbelievable today #utv

Was unlucky with the decision but he did make the most of the contact which didn't do him any favours. He looks like a tricky, pacey winger which our team desperately needs so lets hope he can make an impact.

Really liked the look of this kid - a bit more more hope for the future.

If McLeish could buy well in the summer and get a few experienced pros in to help the kids develop and withstand pressure in tough games, we could be looking at some progress next season.

:?: :?:

HE DID A TRICK TO BEAT A PLAYER!!!!

After watching nzobia run into defenders and albrighton kick it in straight line it was so refreshing to see a kid use a bit of skill to beat a defender.

Love the confidence to have a go with his first touch against gerrard.

HE DID A TRICK TO BEAT A PLAYER!!!!

After watching nzobia run into defenders and albrighton kick it in straight line it was so refreshing to see a kid use a bit of skill to beat a defender.

Love the confidence to have a go with his first touch against gerrard.

What I like is he seems the kind of player that will win us so many free kicks and penalties. He's like Oxlade-Chamberlain, one of those players that can just keep going with the ball until he finds a decent pass or gets taken out by a defender..

Carruthers was playing football local to his home of Hatfield, Hertfordshire when he was signed by Cambridge United under-10 side. He trained frequently with Manchester United but when Cambridge United abandoned their youth team set-up he signed for Arsenal, the team he supports. In 2009 Carruthers switched to Aston Villa where he made his name playing for the club's Academy and Reserve teams. He is noted for his goalscoring and ability to play in a number of positions.

From the Wiki page on him..

So he's a guy that was more than likely on the radar of Manchester United, was on the radar of Arsenal and signed for them and then chose us.. That's a curious decision.

Â