What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

On 06/05/2022 at 13:52, Keyblade said:

Got 95 out of the 96 exits on Super Mario World. It kinda sucks that there's no formal way to keep track of what exits you already found, and you kind of have to remember. Even checking to see if you got the multiple paths isn't enough as sometimes the paths loop onto themselves so you can't tell. Outstanding game though. Not quite as good as SMB3 in my book.

Took me a while but I found it. Pretty ingenious secret exit too!

Anyone ever played iron harvest? 

Looks good to me but I'm not a big rts player anymore and I'd be playing it on ps5

Looking for a 3 week gap filler before the psn+ comes, was going to trade for ghost but that's gone

On 03/03/2022 at 11:53, Ingram85 said:

I was playing GRID Legends for a few hours until it started crashing my Xbox. Will wait until that’s sorted before playing it again. So back to Skyrim. 

It’s been sorted now and I have to say, I’m really enjoying the heck out of this. Most overlooked game of 2022 for me. No one talks about it at all. It’s such a fun game, it plays like split second but without the explosions and whatnot.

The story is really well done in a cheesy way and it’s one of the few games that uses live action to it’s benefit. Highly recommend this for anyone who wants a fun arcade style racer that doesn’t take itself seriously at all. 

On 12/05/2022 at 11:32, hogso said:

Eiyuden Chronicles Rising came out this week, which is a prelude to Eiyuden Chronicles Hundred Heroes which is due out next year. 

Plat'd this now. Turns out it wasn't that short, 21 hours, largely due to being stretched out by side quests which really weren't compulsory, unless you're interested in the trophies. 

It's a decent action RPG / Metroidvania, and a good introduction to the world of Eiyuden Chronicles, which is the reason I played it. 

I'm still rolling on with my FFX playthrough, and appropriately enough I'll start Suikoden this week as the  Retrograde Amensia podcast playthrough begins this week. 

Finally finished Far Cry 6.

Very good game, great weighty gunplay, really cool, dynamic and instinctive combat but hampered once again by the bloating of the map size and the insistence on having a zillion extra curricular activities scattered around. Some of the side missions are perfectly enjoyable, but other things like the base building and guerilla missions seem utterly pointless in the grand scheme of things.

I thought they did a good job with the story though, and some of the character deaths and twists and turns were top notch.

Overall, very good but definitely no Far Cry 3.

35 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Finally finished Far Cry 6.

Very good game, great weighty gunplay, really cool, dynamic and instinctive combat but hampered once again by the bloating of the map size and the insistence on having a zillion extra curricular activities scattered around. Some of the side missions are perfectly enjoyable, but other things like the base building and guerilla missions seem utterly pointless in the grand scheme of things.

I thought they did a good job with the story though, and some of the character deaths and twists and turns were top notch.

Overall, very good but definitely no Far Cry 3.

I'm just coming to the end of it myself and agree with what you have said. 

If you like Far Cry games this will be up your street, i feel like on the xbox one the graphics are maxxed out now and have been since Far Cry 4. Im sure on the next gen consoles the game looks great though.

Overall its a solid game and theyve crammed a lot in but they cant seem to recapture the magic of 3 and 4.

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/01/2022 at 09:04, Keyblade said:

Chrono Trigger. I hate that I'm starting my RPG marathon with this, because I'm fairly certain it won't get better than this.

Been taking me a while but I'm getting close to the end. Ahhh this game is so good. I feel like replaying it right after. 

• Like 1

I was going to start a new topic called "What game should I be playing?"this so if the mods think it should be in a different thread please feel free. 

Having recently finished Elden Ring, I've tried to get back into Cyberpunk but it's just not doing it for me at the moment.   So what game should I try next? I like story based games,  not into online FPS games because I don't have the reactions anymore! I don't play sports games very often although I did enjoy GT Sport.  Any suggestions for a PlayStation player?

Wait a week until psn+ gets rejigged and see if there's something "free" on there for you

The highlight for me will be ghost of tsushima 

As a complete random recommendation ignoring what type of games you mentioned... Have a look at frost punk 

Another one but you'll have to pay for it but my favourite game of the last few years would be Disco Elysium 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, dubbs said:

I was going to start a new topic called "What game should I be playing?"this so if the mods think it should be in a different thread please feel free. 

Having recently finished Elden Ring, I've tried to get back into Cyberpunk but it's just not doing it for me at the moment.   So what game should I try next? I like story based games,  not into online FPS games because I don't have the reactions anymore! I don't play sports games very often although I did enjoy GT Sport.  Any suggestions for a PlayStation player?

Nioh/Nioh 2

Dying Light 2

Salt and Sanctury/Sacrifice

Kena

Hand of Fate 2

Redeemer

Dragons Dogma

Just a few off the top of my head.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Nioh/Nioh 2

Dying Light 2

Salt and Sanctury/Sacrifice

Kena

Hand of Fate 2

Redeemer

Dragons Dogma

Just a few off the top of my head.

Couldn't really get into the first Dying Light,  it's the second one significantly different?

Finally started last Plague Tale after putting it off for years thinking it would be a boring sneak a thon. I’m really enjoying it, very well done and the story is great. Only minus is the repetitive in game talking and graphical glitches.

I didn’t realize TMNT was on Game Pass, what a treat! Looking forward to giving it a whirl when I’ve finished Plague Tale.

Â