What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

Playing Kameo again, such an underrated game. It’s a bit fiddly and cumbersome at times but it’s full of charm and joy. It’s so colourful and the graphics hold up really well.

It’s Rare’s last good game imo, Nuts and Bolts was plop, I still don’t really know or understand what Viva Piñata is to this day, how it got a sequel is beyond me. Sea of Thieves is meh. A Kameo 2 would get Rare singing again imo.  

• 3 weeks later...

Playing Witcher 3 again but this time on Death March as I'm a trophy hunter and want the trophy for doing it. 7 years old this game but I'm loving revisiting it (again)

Just finished Ghost of Tsushima. What a cracking game, fighting mechanics were so satisfying. Struggling to work out what to play next as AC Odyssey is on my list but feels clunky and very grindy in comparison. I have the latest god of war downloading instead will see if it can grab me 

• Like 3

Odyssey is good and my favourite AC but ghost blows it out of the water, its so much more concise and feels like it has all of ACs fat trimmed off, it's also far more satisfying killing baddies with a couple of strikes whereas AC has some that can go up over a hundred 

Not sure how moving on to GoW will feel, not by much but it is a better game, I need to replay it over the summer, would say horizon but I think off the back of ghost that game would suffer 

• Like 1

On 15/04/2022 at 07:20, Demitri_C said:

Currently on wwe2k22 on xbox and on switch gta3.

Need to start clearing some of my xbox backlog

I saw you boot up Horizon Chase Turbo, what do you think? 

Currently I’m jumping between games but have settled on Two Point Hospital. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dodgyknees said:

I saw you boot up Horizon Chase Turbo, what do you think? 

Currently I’m jumping between games but have settled on Two Point Hospital. 

Brilliant game mate. What a absolute bargain !

On 16/04/2022 at 12:21, Straggler said:

Just finished Ghost of Tsushima. What a cracking game, fighting mechanics were so satisfying. Struggling to work out what to play next as AC Odyssey is on my list but feels clunky and very grindy in comparison. I have the latest god of war downloading instead will see if it can grab me 

God of War from 2018 was one of my all-time favourites. It's a joy to play.

• Like 1

On 14/04/2022 at 12:59, theunderstudy said:

Playing Witcher 3 again but this time on Death March as I'm a trophy hunter and want the trophy for doing it. 7 years old this game but I'm loving revisiting it (again)

I'm about a third/halfway through the main game again and in Novigrad... which is one of my favourite cities to run around, it feels massive. Blows my mind it's been out 7 years because it still looks fantastic (negating any need to re-release for Next Gen but I digress) Death March going okay, I feel like I'm constantly just using Quen and skipping around avoiding hits but needs must.

• 3 weeks later...

Picked up Trek to Yomi yesterday (I'm a sucker for anything Samurai based)

Only played for about an hour and enjoying it so far, but what I can say is it's easily one of the most visually stunning games I've ever played.

It's beautiful.

spacer.png

Got 95 out of the 96 exits on Super Mario World. It kinda sucks that there's no formal way to keep track of what exits you already found, and you kind of have to remember. Even checking to see if you got the multiple paths isn't enough as sometimes the paths loop onto themselves so you can't tell. Outstanding game though. Not quite as good as SMB3 in my book.

Just finished up Horizon: FW and fired up Ghost Of Tsushima for the first time; holy heck that has got to be one of the strongest game openings I've played.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Just finished up Horizon: FW and fired up Ghost Of Tsushima for the first time; holy heck that has got to be one of the strongest game openings I've played.

Got the Plat on that. Genuinely one of the best games I've ever played.

• Like 2

Eiyuden Chronicles Rising came out this week, which is a prelude to Eiyuden Chronicles Hundred Heroes which is due out next year. 

The latter was a kickstarter from members of the Suikoden dev team, with Rising acting as an intro to the world. 

It's a simplistic side scrolling action RPG, with a town building element. Done with a lot of heart, but on a budget, it's something of a love letter to 16 big JRPGs of the SNES era, like Terranigma and Secret of Mana. 

It's short, but priced appropriately. I'm having fun with it at the moment, even if the quest structure does feel a bit repetitive already. It's certainly done it's job in so far as getting me more excited for the main game! 

• Like 1

Â