What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

Still playing RDR2 4 years since its release.  One of the best Story Modes I have ever played.  Dipped my toes into the online side but sad to hear Rockstar have basically canned the game with no updates planned.  Hoping for PS5 remaster but its doubtful.  GTA is their cash cow.  Red Dead 1 is available in the catalogue depending on your subscription, another great game.

Played and finished Stray, which is a Day 1 game on PS Plus Extra.

It was a much better game than I expected. I thought it would be like a cat simulator, but it’s actually got an interesting story, good music, eerie atmosphere and fun gameplay with cute puzzles. Reminded me a lot of Nier Automata.  

7.5/10 and would recommend a playthrough.  

It’s a max of 10 hours long if you take your time and explore, but could be completed in 2 hours if you are powering through and know what you are doing.

• Like 1

Dunno why, but I felt a hankering for some Xbox 360 JRPGing, so have just dipped in to Infinite Undiscovery. Have absolutely no recollection of it at all, and surprised so far by some of the gameplay features (no pausing of the world in menu!) 

54 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Metroid Prime. It's staggering to me that this game came out in 2002. Must have truly felt like a next gen experience.

Felt like absolute blasphemy for me

Metroid is a 2D game, I won't hear any different 

Just now, villa4europe said:

Felt like absolute blasphemy for me

Metroid is a 2D game, I won't hear any different 

The most remarkable thing about the game isn't the graphics, or the scope, but how they perfectly translated the Metroid formula to a 3D first person perspective. It's still 100% a Metroid game, except you're just playing from behind Samus' visor.

It really brings the older games to life. Like when you first descend into Magmoor Caverns and you hear the theme which is a remix of the Lower Norfair/Ridley's Lair from Super Metroid and the parallels to the first descent there are eminent. Or the way you can see the Space Pirates hanging from walls/ceilings when you put on the Thermal Visor. A whole new perspective, it's brilliant.

• Like 1

TES Oblivion 

It has aged a lot worse than I expected before playing it.

- The QoL stuff in Skyrim, UI wise, makes navigating menus in Oblivion a pain in the arse. 

- The graphics look ok still (even better thanks to the XBSX) but I’d forgotten just how narrow the load in area radius was. It’s so jarring watching the world being built around you and the 60fps on SX make it even more noticeable. 

- I’d forgotten just how floaty and clunky the controls were. Combat is like playing with foam weapons. 

The story and writing is still great but man, it’s hard to go back. Skyrim is ancient by comparison to todays games but it’s a modern day masterpiece compared to this. Im not sure I can say I’m actually enjoying playing through it again so far despite probably having sunk multiple hundreds of hours into it in the past.

Morrowind is one of my favourite games of all time and I’m hesitant and terrified of replaying it next as it’s been so long. If it’s clear just how much Oblivion has aged then maybe it’s best to just leave the fond memories of Morrowind alone?

Edited by Ingram85

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, dubbs said:

Really struggling to find something to play on PS5. I've got the extra games on ps+ but nothing is really grabbing me. Finished GoT and thinking what next.....

Have you done stray?  I've got that and kena downloaded to play at some point 

Also the last of us is out tomorrow 

Edited by villa4europe

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Have you done stray?  I've got that and kena downloaded to play at some point 

Also the last of us is out tomorrow 

Tried stray but wasn't a fan.  I can see why people like it though.  I'm not bothered about TLOU having played it on PS4 a couple of times.  Am I getting bored of playstation / having - it's looking that way.

Just finished the latest Saints Row (great fun) so now I'm gonna get properly stuck into Thymesia which I've been looking forward to for a while.

Also got Yakuza Like a Dragon on the go amongst a few others.

On 01/09/2022 at 14:59, dubbs said:

Really struggling to find something to play on PS5. I've got the extra games on ps+ but nothing is really grabbing me. Finished GoT and thinking what next.....

If you want something different and a little underrated then try Ghostwire Tokyo. 

• Thanks 1

Â