What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

TMNT is very fun. It's very simple, but then these games always are to an extent. But it's like nostalgia being plugged directly into your veins if you've ever watched the classic cartoon.

Going on a retro spree to play the BioWare forgotten gem Jade Empire. Although, it might very well turn out I'll spend much more time modding the game than actually playing it!

• Like 1

Just started playing Disco Elysium after buying it last year.    It's very dark, isn't it?   

Spoiler

I've just swung for a Scouse kid, missed him and fell over. Got called a paedophile for my efforts.   😑

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

Just started playing Disco Elysium after buying it last year.    It's very dark, isn't it?   

Hide contents

I've just swung for a Scouse kid, missed him and fell over. Got called a paedophile for my efforts.   😑

Its brilliant, wasn't released last year I think it was late 2020 but I played 2021 and it was the best game I played, its top 5 best games I've played in the last 5 years

One day I'll play it again as there are almost definitely multiple endings, I must have sunk around 25 hours in to it 

My advice is at the start save often because you can get game over, as you grow it becomes less likely but I lost a few hours to it 

Edited by villa4europe

I'm not one for save scumming.  Never have been really, my story will be my story and if it ends badly I'm cool with that.   Clearly the game can go in several different directions so there's incentive to go back through, and the skill points seem very important too.  

FWIW it was released in 2019, but there was a "directors cut" patch in 2021 where they added full voice acting. 

No I meant save because in the first couple of hours you can make 2 or 3 wrong decisions in a dialogue chain and kill yourself! You can die in the game if you lose health or morale 

I did it about 4 times, the Scouse kid was one right at the start, a couple of times shortly after 

As i progressed I then piled the points in to the areas that gave me more morale, I'm sure that's harder than health and it depends on your starting build 

I have become addicted to sim city 4. I dream about it. I think about it when i walk around town. I think about it when falling asleep. I have no regrets. 

Just started Miles Morales.  

Excellent graphics, but my TV goes black when i put it on performance mode. Brand new Samsung OLED TV which i paid £1400 for, and it can’t cope with PS5 highest level graphics 🤦‍♂️

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

It’s not the HDMI lead is it?

That's my big regret when I put my **** off TV on my lounge wall. I am using my old HDMI cables when I probably should have bought a load of HDMI 2.1 cables and future proofed it. I have no idea how I'm ever going to replace them now without putting my back out getting it off the wall mount.

On 26/06/2022 at 17:18, Dante_Lockhart said:

It’s not the HDMI lead is it?

Yes, that seems to have mostly fixed the problem.  Bought a HDMI 2.1 lead from Amazon and now it only goes black for a second or two when I first load the game then it’s fine to play.

• Like 1

On 29/06/2022 at 22:01, ender4 said:

Yes, that seems to have mostly fixed the problem.  Bought a HDMI 2.1 lead from Amazon and now it only goes black for a second or two when I first load the game then it’s fine to play.

Thats the only problem with the next gen consoles, unless you've got an OLED TV and you're using HDMI 2.1 leads they don't really work. The series x shipped with 2.1 lead but not sure about PS5. 

I used mine briefly on base samsung 4k tv and it looked no different to previous xbox. It's only when I upgraded to LG CX OLED did I see the difference. Like night and day

Never played Injustice 2 so I downloaded that the weekend and played the single player story. Didn't take long but it was really good. I don't play fighting games so I won't play it again or online, but enjoyed the story. PS+ is definitely going to get me trying out new games now there's a game library. Gonna go through the South Park games now :D

On 23/06/2022 at 16:48, The_Rev said:

Reveal hidden contents

It's great. I think there is potential for multiple playthroughs but spaced out.

I have been mostly playing Crusader Kings 3 on PS5. It's really good sequel and a decent port to the console. There's a few bugs so I would not recommend playing on Ironman (1 save file) as the game sometimes eats them.

Currently trying to revive Zoroastrianism in Persia which involves a lot of inbred rulers - just how ck should be played :)

Edited by RunRickyRun

Â