What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

18 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Ive also finished banjo kazooie on the switch online. Unbelievabley good game

In my top 5 of all time for sure. I love how deep it is too, there are so many secrets including the mysterious "Stop N' Swop" items.

6 hours ago, Keyblade said:

In my top 5 of all time for sure. I love how deep it is too, there are so many secrets including the mysterious "Stop N' Swop" items.

Oh its great game. I managed to get all notes honeycombs jingos and jiggies.

I never actually completed banjo tooie when that comes in switch online ill definitely give that a go.

I played the nuts and bolts and jesus christ what a absolute abomination of a game. What the hell were they thinking with that one? Im absolutely gutted they haven't made a new banjo game with enhanced graphics and new story. It could be epic

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Oh its great game. I managed to get all notes honeycombs jingos and jiggies.

I never actually completed banjo tooie when that comes in switch online ill definitely give that a go.

I played the nuts and bolts and jesus christ what a absolute abomination of a game. What the hell were they thinking with that one? Im absolutely gutted they haven't made a new banjo game with enhanced graphics and new story. It could be epic

I 100%'d Tooie last summer and it was very satisfying. Still marginally prefer Kazooie though. 

Closest thing to a proper sequel is Yooka Laylee, made by ex Banjo developers. I've given on hope on a real new Banjo game. You never know though, I thought they'd never be included in Smash Bros, but I was happily wrong about that.

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I 100%'d Tooie last summer and it was very satisfying. Still marginally prefer Kazooie though. 

Closest thing to a proper sequel is Yooka Laylee, made by ex Banjo developers. I've given on hope on a real new Banjo game. You never know though, I thought they'd never be included in Smash Bros, but I was happily wrong about that.

Oh really?? I bought yooka a whilw back but havent started it yet. I may have to move on to this next!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Oh really?? I bought yooka a whilw back but havent started it yet. I may have to move on to this next!

Yeah, the first one is basically a spiritual successor to BK. Only thing different are the characters really. Second one is Donkey Kong Country inspired.

21 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Yeah, the first one is basically a spiritual successor to BK. Only thing different are the characters really. Second one is Donkey Kong Country inspired.

The yooka 2 i played the demo and it was abit shit. 

Nearly finished Sifu. It's bloody difficult (having recently finished Elden Ring, I thought I was going to be playing something easy - Obviously didn't do my research...). Very impressive though. The combat system is excellent.

Made it to Iki Island on ghost of tsushima

Its a nice add on, not overly sold on how they do it but the difficulty spike is good, story is good, change in activities work nicely

Overall the game is still brilliant, flying through it

Finished off Sifu, have now spent a few hours on Ghostwire: Tokyo.

Really enjoying it so far. I can see myself loving this for similar reasons that I love Ghost of Tsushima so much. Nothing particularly groundbreaking about it, but the aesthetic is brilliant. Wandering around an abandoned Tokyo is awesome. As someone who is really into Japanese culture, I think I'll be chasing the Platinum on this one.

About halfway through Guardians of the Galaxy.  

It’s just a fun single player linear game, with lots of banter and jokes.  

Not bloated or complex or crappy in any way, like an Uncharted 2 or Lost Legacy.

1 hour ago, JoshVilla said:

have now spent a few hours on Ghostwire: Tokyo.

Really enjoying it so far. I can see myself loving this for similar reasons that I love Ghost of Tsushima so much. Nothing particularly groundbreaking about it, but the aesthetic is brilliant. Wandering around an abandoned Tokyo is awesome. As someone who is really into Japanese culture, I think I'll be chasing the Platinum on this one.

Is it story driven?

4 hours ago, JoshVilla said:

Finished off Sifu, have now spent a few hours on Ghostwire: Tokyo.

Looks a bit too weird for me, love the idea of the world but not the enemies and the powers 

Waiting for it to be "free" 

On 15/07/2022 at 16:33, ender4 said:

Is it story driven?

I would say so. It does tend to go the way that most open world games do whereby the many side missions can take you away from it a bit, but there's a very strong (if slightly confusing) story.

On 15/07/2022 at 19:19, villa4europe said:

Looks a bit too weird for me, love the idea of the world but not the enemies and the powers 

Waiting for it to be "free" 

I was a little apprehensive about the magic stuff at first too, as I'm not really into that stuff, but it kinda feels more like a shooter in that it's pretty straightforward. Which is good, as I think it let's you focus on exploring the world a bit more rather than trying to figure out a million different magic combinations.

• Like 1

Finished ghost of tsushima main story, the last mission is just brilliant, so we'll written and looks stunning, don't remember the music being so good the first time I did it

Spoiler

I killed him, pretty sure I did that both times 

Now to grind out the platinum...

How's the plat? Ghost is on a list of games which I totally should have played extensively by now - similarly to Witcher 3 and God of War 2018. I'm still too busy lightning dodging... 

ok i think, there's a bit of grind involved as theres a lot of side stuff and you need to do all of it, basically finish the map, i dont think you need to do the non map stuff like find all the banners and crickets etc

the hardest looking one is going to be pushing someone off a cliff, perfect pairing of their hardly ever being someone on the top of a cliff and me not being very good at the shoulder barge (i keep rolling)

1 hour ago, hogso said:

How's the plat? Ghost is on a list of games which I totally should have played extensively by now - similarly to Witcher 3 and God of War 2018. I'm still too busy lightning dodging... 

I didn't find it too troubling tbh - certainly nowhere near the grind of some others I have.

Â