What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, PussEKatt said:

Anyone know if there is a decent NFL manager game ?

Something like Football manager but for grid iron

Only really Madden.

You can start a franchise up as an owner and do everything from set prices for concessions to draft the players. Can always simulate the games if you don't want to play them.

5 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

Front office football is probably the best option or possibly Football Mogul. Neither are particularly pretty and have licensing issues but both are playable enough if you don't mind the outdated looks

If it's college football you're interested in then Bowl Bound is probably better than both of those and there are loads of mods for real rosters & graphics etc around

All are pretty in depth though and lots & lots of text so you need to know a fair bit about the game i guess.

there is a vid below showing some of Front Office Football  & Bowl Bound

Edited by LakotaDakota

22 hours ago, villa4europe said:

madden lets you do it i think, its one of the simulation options

EA owns a monopoly on the license so i dont think anyone else can touch it

Which version of Madden is that then and is the management part any good ? because Madden concentrates heavely on the arcade type onfield action.

the latest one came out last week

i've never done it so im not 100% sure how it works, i know you can design your own playbooks etc and as dante says you can do the front office stuff too like the contracts, scouting (which isnt that great) and draft

i know you can them sim the games, sim the series or sim the play, i dont know if you can watch each play if you arent playing it 

I played in a national, work based, gaming tournament today. The games were Fifa 18 (xbone), guitar hero (recent version with six buttons on the guitar?), Wii bowling, Mario kart (Wii), trackmania turbo (xbone), street fighter (ps4), and rocket league (ps4). 

It was a more or less whole day thing, man is it tiring playing games all day! 

I finished 12th of 48, with my region finishing 4th or 24. I finished 3rd in rocket league, having lost to the eventual winner in the semi 4-6.

Really good fun! I surprised myself with street fighter (or was that just button bashing luck?), did well on trackmania having never played it, finished near the bottom in fifa, and was awful at Mario kart! 

Next year... 

• 2 weeks later...

Dead Cells on Nintendo Switch (it's also out on PC, PS4 & XBone) and it first impressions are that it's all kinds of lovely. Its 2D Metroidvania style game with a heavy focus on combat and a 16 bit art style. Seems quite hard, but one of those run based games which you can play in 15-20 minute chunks if you need to. 

On 05/09/2018 at 13:25, PussEKatt said:

Have you played Blood Bowl? It's a turn based tabletop game based on a very violent version of the NFL but the port to PC/Console is very good.

• 2 weeks later...

Playing NBA2K19 - I prefer it to 2K18, as it's smoother to navigate through MyCareer mode and you can skip the unnecessary dialogue if you wish

I’m still ploughing through Andromeda. Can’t grumble for under a tenner. The more I’ve played the more I’ve got into it. Pain in the arse completing everything on each huge planet map, but I can’t leave them open. Completionist in me.

some great characters, game play is pretty good, reckon I’m about 70% through and I’ve sunk about 60hours in it.

Hooked on Dirt Rally VR. It's an incredibly difficult but rewarding sim and in VR it's incredible. I've managed to beat the master difficulty but only in the 1960s cars. 

Here's me in Colin McRae's Impreza trying not to crash and die in Finland.

• Like 1

The BO4 zombies mode. Wasn't going to buy the game but my gf brought it for me.  I'm officially rubbish at blackout mode and multiplayeris so much better without all the jumping around bollocks from previous titles. 

• 1 month later...

Path of Exile currently as the new expansion and league launched over the weekend.

I am consistently amazed how much the dev team gets done with each expansion given they have 13-14 weeks to develop each one.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

After PC Gamer nominated it as their GOTY, I've gone back to Into the Breach, after not playing it for about 10 months. You know what, it's absolutely brilliant. 

It's a completely different game, almost beyond comparison, but it scratches that Rocket League itch for me. Only in the sense that I can pick it up for 10-20 minutes at a time and have a good session in it. It's incredibly simple, probably less than 15 actions in the whole game, but it's almost chess like. I'll lose interest again in a few weeks, but I can see it being one that I come back to regularly for years. It's simple to play, yet impossible to master. And I love that I very rarely feel RNG has dicked me over, if I lose it's almost always because I just played badly.

On the other hand, I picked up MGS V in last month's humble bundle, and my god, what a piece of shit. I'm going to stick with it due to the incredible reviews, but the first couple of hours are incredibly dull. I can't think of any game I've enjoyed with a worse start. It's been about 1:30 of cutscenes and 30 minutes of tutorial, most of it at walking/crawling pace. It'd better pick up pretty damn quickly.

Â