What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

Been hammering The Crew 2 on Xbox, loved the first and while I don’t love number 2 quite as much it’s still been fantastic fun. It’s a much better game than the first, a little more polished but it lacks just a little bit of the unwieldy charm 1 had and the variations in topography in places aren’t as different as 1 (a whole lack of mountain snow filled towns) yet Yosemite and the Grand Canyon look magnificent. 

Oh and 2 has hands down the best bikes I’ve ever ridden in a game too, proper fun and dicey. It’s fun just to drive around with randoms too just piddling about.

Next game I’ll be picking up is the Shenmue Collection in a few weeks. Never played the first and really looking forward to it, doesn’t look like they have aged that well but having never played them I’m hoping the story will keep me going.

Edited by Ingram85

11 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Next game I’ll be picking up is the Shenmue Collection in a few weeks. Never played the first and really looking forward to it, doesn’t look like they have aged that well but having never played them I’m hoping the story will keep me going.

Well, it might do, but it moves at a glacial pace. The attraction to continue playing will more than likely come from stuff that will sound stupid, and aren't really a reason to recommend any game - seeing just how goofy it can get, buying cat food for the stray, collecting capsule toys... :D

Just the thought of it puts a huge smile on my face. At the same time, if you played it for a few hours and said it's rubbish, I'd probably agree. 

madden 19, you get a video of all the new features before it starts then dont really notice any of them! same old madden, i'll get my head around the set up again and then have to dip in to the sliders to adjust it to something fair but competitive 

say this every year the training set up im guessing is because there are only 16 games a season but the depth of it and the way it aids progression really needs to be implemented on fifa, it actually means something rather than just being like a mini game...but i would also like some mini games added to madden, the pro bowl pre game week stuff would be fun, EA need to find a way of blending the good stuff from each game

Edited by villa4europe

9 hours ago, villa4europe said:

madden 19, you get a video of all the new features before it starts then dont really notice any of them! same old madden, i'll get my head around the set up again and then have to dip in to the sliders to adjust it to something fair but competitive 

say this every year the training set up im guessing is because there are only 16 games a season but the depth of it and the way it aids progression really needs to be implemented on fifa, it actually means something rather than just being like a mini game...but i would also like some mini games added to madden, the pro bowl pre game week stuff would be fun, EA need to find a way of blending the good stuff from each game

I’d love to have the combine and stuff in the be a player mode. The better you do the better your stats and overall grade. 

• Like 1

Anyone getting Dead Cells? I’m tempted but not at £20, will wait for a sale I think. Looks great though but I’m scared by brutal difficulty games. 

Also, bit of a controversy with an IGN staffer plagiarising a small YT channels review of this so much that they have took their review down. 

Resident Evil 0

played it on the cube years back, its a decent enough game, probably on par with 5 (which makes it better than 6, cant really remember 3 that well) the buddy mechanic is ok, the lack of chests is annoying, its easier than i remember (seems a more organised layout than REmake) would say its the start of the story going a bit daft and it wasn't really any kind of step forward for the series (it feels out dated, the difference between this and say the last of us is crazy)

• 2 weeks later...

Been playing the division again on xbox, for the shields, all so I can get the rewards for The Division 2 next March.

Also play World of Tanks, did try that armored warfare but feels like a very cheap imitation of World of Tanks.

Looking forward to Forza horizon 4 coming on GamePass on release. Also February next year Anthem.

One game that I've been saying is really needed on console is a real in depth strategic type MMO and it looks as though one is on the way named Stellaris, which is a pc game, does look a beauty.

Picked up Firewall Zero Hour for PSVR yesterday (even though it's not out until today). Very similar to Rainbow Six, 4v4 matches. The AI in solo training are very dumb though! Looking forward to giving it a good bash tonight.

Make sure it's the 2nd version of the PSVR. it has built in headphones and a better processor unit.  Resident Evil is fantastic in VR. 

Going to jump on later so I'll let you know how it goes. 

• Like 1

It's brilliant when playing with other people.  Might need more game modes pretty quickly but enjoy it while you can.  Oh and if you can,  get the aim controller . It makes a difference!

Â