What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

@Davkaus Metal Gear Solid V is very front loaded with cutscenes, but it actually has the least amount of cutscenes in the franchise by quite some margin. Once you get out into the "open world" and start doing quests/side quests the game barely has cutscenes. Well I say "barely", it's more that MGSV has more gameplay than any game in the series. Looking online there is apparently 5 hours of cutcenes in MGSV which surprised me, I thought it was far less, but the game also has 50-80 hours of gameplay so those cutscenes are pretty few and far between.

On 02/01/2019 at 12:49, Stevo985 said:

Super Mario Odyssey at the moment.

Got RDR2 for xmas but haven't so much as put it into my PS4 yet.

I'm crap at playing more than one game at a time

How far you got on odyssey? You enjoying it?

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

How far you got on odyssey? You enjoying it?

Love it but only on like the 4th level. I'ce been trying to get as many moons as possible so it's taking me ages. Might speed things up and just get through the game and then come back later and sweep extra moons up if I can be bothered

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Love it but only on like the 4th level. I'ce been trying to get as many moons as possible so it's taking me ages. Might speed things up and just get through the game and then come back later and sweep extra moons up if I can be bothered

The only problem with odyssey is there are far too many moons on each world. Some are practically impossible to find as you could be walking on the floor and the floor vibrates and its  a moon. If say aim to get a majority of them and then clock it as once you clock it you won't go back. I gave up after getting just over 700 moons.  The remaining moons were even impossible to get or I just couldn't find them 

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

The only problem with odyssey is there are far too many moons on each world. Some are practically impossible to find as you could be walking on the floor and the floor vibrates and its  a moon. If say aim to get a majority of them and then clock it as once you clock it you won't go back. I gave up after getting just over 700 moons.  The remaining moons were even impossible to get or I just couldn't find them 

I've just been going until the parrot and toad's hints run out and I've got all the purple coins. But even that is already a ballache to be honest.

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I've just been going until the parrot and toad's hints run out and I've got all the purple coins. But even that is already a ballache to be honest.

I'd definitely recomend to continue until.you get to metro kingdom. That is a awesome level

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I'd definitely recomend to continue until.you get to metro kingdom. That is a awesome level

Yeah that's the next one I go to. Already unlocked it just sweeping up the level before that (Forest kingdom I think it's called)

It's a cool game. I wouldn't say it was amazing. Not yet anyway. But it's fun.

On 01/01/2019 at 23:37, Davkaus said:

On the other hand, I picked up MGS V in last month's humble bundle, and my god, what a piece of shit. I'm going to stick with it due to the incredible reviews, but the first couple of hours are incredibly dull. I can't think of any game I've enjoyed with a worse start. It's been about 1:30 of cutscenes and 30 minutes of tutorial, most of it at walking/crawling pace. It'd better pick up pretty damn quickly.

Stick with it would be my very strong advice.  I nearly gave up, as the intro in the hospital is utterly, utterly shit.  But once you get past that, the game itself is brilliant.  So much variety, it's in my top 3 along with RDR2 and Witcher 3.

the genius of MGSV is how it adapts itself to how you play, i dont want to spoil it for you but I've never played any game like it, it learns your tactics and tweaks itself accordingly, it has the usual over the top nonsense of a MGS game but like others have said its actually pretty toned down compared to some of the games, theres a lot of freedom to it and when you start opening it up with different guns and kit theres a crazy number of ways to skin a cat on it

Still playing AC Odyssey - clocked over a hundred hours and I'm just going for the last trophy to get the Plat. 

Not sure what to play next as I doubt much is going to measure up 😕

4 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Still playing AC Odyssey - clocked over a hundred hours and I'm just going for the last trophy to get the Plat. 

Not sure what to play next as I doubt much is going to measure up 😕

Is it that good Si?  Think I'll try it after RDR2, although I'm going to be sinking a lot more time into that yet I fell.  Is AC Odyssey better than the Egyptian one, as that bored me rigid after a while.

Edited by Risso

On 04/01/2019 at 20:00, Demitri_C said:

Really enjoying it. Just done most of Metro Kingdom. Did it in one sitting of a couple of hours. Definitely the best kingdom so far, by quite a distance.

So far I've been able to get all of the purple coins and get all of the moons in every kingdom (well, all of the moons that you get a hint from toad and the parrot for. once they run out of hints I give up even though I know there are still a few around). The exception is Forest Kingdom. Didn't really enjoy that one so will circle back and do that after I complete the story.

Although the jump rope moon in metro kingdom will probably be left. 56 is as much as I can get, and the moon is for 100!

Got about 250 moons so far I think.

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Really enjoying it. Just done most of Metro Kingdom. Did it in one sitting of a couple of hours. Definitely the best kingdom so far, by quite a distance.

So far I've been able to get all of the purple coins and get all of the moons in every kingdom (well, all of the moons that you get a hint from toad and the parrot for. once they run out of hints I give up even though I know there are still a few around). The exception is Forest Kingdom. Didn't really enjoy that one so will circle back and do that after I complete the story.

Although the jump rope moon in metro kingdom will probably be left. 56 is as much as I can get, and the moon is for 100!

Got about 250 moons so far I think.

That skip rope one is ridiculous moat I did was 88 and I went bloody mad when I lost! There is also a similar one with volleyball its even harder. 

Some of the moons are ridiculously hard.  When you get to that stage thats when you put odyssey down and move to next game.

It reminds me of mario 64 just a hell of a lot bigger. It's a quality game but far too many moons for you to stay interested. 

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

That skip rope one is ridiculous moat I did was 88 and I went bloody mad when I lost! There is also a similar one with volleyball its even harder. 

Some of the moons are ridiculously hard.  When you get to that stage thats when you put odyssey down and move to next game.

It reminds me of mario 64 just a hell of a lot bigger. It's a quality game but far too many moons for you to stay interested. 

Yeah 64 was relatively easy to complete and get all the stars. Think it was 80 stars to finish the story and only 120 stars total in the game.

It does seem a bit overkill on Odyssey. I know it gives the game longevity but when you're just going round the same, pretty small, kingdom over and over again it's kind of a false longevity.

I struggle with games not to be a completist though. It's one of the reasons that a) it takes me so long to play games, and b) I put so many games down before I finish them.
Same thing happened with Witcher 3. Fantastic game but because I tried to do every single side quest along the way I eventually put it down before I'd finished the story and never went back.

Edited by Stevo985

13 hours ago, Risso said:

Is it that good Si?  Think I'll try it after RDR2, although I'm going to be sinking a lot more time into that yet I fell.  Is AC Odyssey better than the Egyptian one, as that bored me rigid after a while.

It was my 2018 GOTY however, if you didn't like Origins then I'd steer clear. It's basically a more polished version of that.

I absolutely adore it tbh but it just ticked all the right boxes for me.

Â