What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

2 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Far Cry New Dawn at the moment and really enjoying it.

It's not going to attract any new fans (it's basically Far Cry 5.1) but I love these games anyway so it was a first day purchase.

The main difference this time is that enemies have varying toughness levels for different areas which means you need to be a little more pragmatic to your approach and can't just wander willy nilly around the whole map. Some reviews found this to be a negative but I actually quite like it as it's made my determination to level up weapons etc and get the most from each area more important. Plus there's still a **** tonne of exploration to do as the map is the usual hefty size.

I've only played an hour or two, but it looks really pretty. I like the pink flowers everywhere. :blush:

I'm an idiot though, I'm a bit confused about what I'm doing to be honest. Is it the familiar, revealing parts of the map and liberating outposts? The intro/tutorial lost me slightly, it seemed to suggest it was more about gathering materials to upgrade your base?

6 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I've only played an hour or two, but it looks really pretty. I like the pink flowers everywhere. :blush:

I'm an idiot though, I'm a bit confused about what I'm doing to be honest. Is it the familiar, revealing parts of the map and liberating outposts? The intro/tutorial lost me slightly, it seemed to suggest it was more about gathering materials to upgrade your base?

Yeah the base should be your priority early on as it allows you to upgrade your weapons to take on the tougher enemies further north. Basically anything that gets you Ethanol is a bonus. Try and find the treasure hunts as they are a good source and also replaying outposts at a higher difficulty with the 'Scavenge' option nets you a fair old amount of it too.

If you head too far afield early on you will get **** over by level 2 + enemies who are basically bullet sponges until you upgrade.

Youll need 2 recruits early on to upgrade the town to level 2. Try and get Nana as one if possible as she is superb (70 odd year old sniper) and great for the liberation of outposts. 

Also collect absolutely everything and loot everyone you kill as there's even more emphasis on it in this game.

• Thanks 1

On 04/01/2019 at 15:14, Demitri_C said:

The only problem with odyssey is there are far too many moons on each world. Some are practically impossible to find as you could be walking on the floor and the floor vibrates and its  a moon. If say aim to get a majority of them and then clock it as once you clock it you won't go back. I gave up after getting just over 700 moons.  The remaining moons were even impossible to get or I just couldn't find them 

Still going on Odyssey.

It's a superb game. I must admit when I was playing it at first I was enjoying it but thought it was a bit childish. But now that I've finished it (the main storyline) it's really been brilliant. The learning curve is very gradual but it does get much more testing towards the end. And the dark side of the moon that you unlock afterwards is definitely much tougher.

I'm doing alright on the moons. The only thing I've YouTube'd so far is that **** skipping rope and volleyball ones, looking for tips. it didn't help!

I'm at around 600 moons. I've collected most moons from most levels. The odd level I didn't really like so skipped it before I'd found them all, but most levels I haven't moved on from until I found all the moons before the hints from the parrot and toad ran out.

Now I'm just going back and doing the extra moons that pop up when you finish and the moon rock moons, as they're pretty easy as they show up on your map. 

The purple coins are probably the thing I'm going to have to google. I've got them all on most levels, but the levels that I'm missing them on I have no clue where they are. It's only 2 or 3 I'm missing but I've combed the levels and can't find them.

brilliant game though. I thought I'd finish the story and never look back, but I can't put it down.

The OH is still playing it too. First video game she's played for about 15 years, maybe more, and she's addicted too. It's cool to see how utterly shit at it she was when she started and how much better she's gotten now.

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Still going on Odyssey.

It's a superb game. I must admit when I was playing it at first I was enjoying it but thought it was a bit childish. But now that I've finished it (the main storyline) it's really been brilliant. The learning curve is very gradual but it does get much more testing towards the end. And the dark side of the moon that you unlock afterwards is definitely much tougher.

I'm doing alright on the moons. The only thing I've YouTube'd so far is that **** skipping rope and volleyball ones, looking for tips. it didn't help!

I'm at around 600 moons. I've collected most moons from most levels. The odd level I didn't really like so skipped it before I'd found them all, but most levels I haven't moved on from until I found all the moons before the hints from the parrot and toad ran out.

Now I'm just going back and doing the extra moons that pop up when you finish and the moon rock moons, as they're pretty easy as they show up on your map. 

The purple coins are probably the thing I'm going to have to google. I've got them all on most levels, but the levels that I'm missing them on I have no clue where they are. It's only 2 or 3 I'm missing but I've combed the levels and can't find them.

brilliant game though. I thought I'd finish the story and never look back, but I can't put it down.

The OH is still playing it too. First video game she's played for about 15 years, maybe more, and she's addicted too. It's cool to see how utterly shit at it she was when she started and how much better she's gotten now.

It's a great game. As you mention it gets very hard indeed towards the end. The creators are obviously evil as some of the moons are so infuriating. 

The skipping one best I got was 88.havibg tried since. Its a too game. Not suprised your missus likes it it's pretty straight forward and easy controls. Mine likes it too. 

started shadow of the tomb raider on game pass, put about 90 mins in, didn't grab me or excite me despite me knowing the last 2 entries were quality, i think there have been some very good open world 3rd person games since the last one and the start is really slow, it does feel a bit tired and done before, bit of a slog 

49 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

It's a great game. As you mention it gets very hard indeed towards the end. The creators are obviously evil as some of the moons are so infuriating. 

The skipping one best I got was 88.havibg tried since. Its a too game. Not suprised your missus likes it it's pretty straight forward and easy controls. Mine likes it too. 

I'm going to be really annoyed as I can easily see me getting every moon except the skipping and the volleyball ones. It'll drive me mad. I don't think I have the patience to do those ones.

26 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm going to be really annoyed as I can easily see me getting every moon except the skipping and the volleyball ones. It'll drive me mad. I don't think I have the patience to do those ones.

It will frustrate the hell out of you that's for sure. 

I find the volleyball one easier than the skipping. I can't belive osne have managed to get 999 on the skipping! 

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

It will frustrate the hell out of you that's for sure. 

I find the volleyball one easier than the skipping. I can't belive osne have managed to get 999 on the skipping! 

Yeah I saw all those top scores. Blatantly hacked. Nobody has sat there and got 999 skips.

1 hour ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Dragon Quest XI. Really enjoying it. About 40 hours in so far.

It's a belter innit? Only done about 10 hours so far and it definitely scratches that Jrpg Ni No Kuni itch.

1 minute ago, Designer1 said:

It's a belter innit? Only done about 10 hours so far and it definitely scratches that Jrpg Ni No Kuni itch.

Definitely. Such a charming game.

About 30 hours in I realised that Sylv sounds like Mr. Potato from Peppa Pig.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Ok I agree with this now.

The dark side of the moon is really really tough. And it gives you a shit load of picture clues. I think that's where google might have to come out because some of those I have no clue what they mean.

I haven't even touched the "Darker" side of the moon yet!

Stellaris has appeared out of nowhere on PS4. I've always wanted to give a Paradox game a go and this seems the perfect chance to do so!

The tutorial and button mapping are excellent and I can see myself playing this for many hours.

Finished Far Cry New Dawn so I've moved onto Subnautica after seeing my nephew playing it a few weeks ago.

First impressions are it's a solid enough exploration/crafting game with a hint of survival horror. Plus the underwater setting is something that appeals to me.

Also picked up the new Pro Evo on sale for £8.99. Haven't played a footy game since the last Pro Evo on PS2 so I'm a little rusty to say the least.😁

Edited by Designer1

On 01/03/2019 at 07:18, Designer1 said:

Also picked up the new Pro Evo on sale for £8.99. Haven't played a footy game since the last Pro Evo on PS2 so I'm a little rusty to say the least.😁

i got it on game pass, lasted maybe 10 minutes, not a clue how anyone can play it on xbox with no option file

the gameplay is ok, its not classic PES, not sure how much of a badge "better than FIFA" is

30 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i got it on game pass, lasted maybe 10 minutes, not a clue how anyone can play it on xbox with no option file

the gameplay is ok, its not classic PES, not sure how much of a badge "better than FIFA" is

Yeah first thing I did was download the proper kits etc. It's great fun to be fair. Master League is still my favourite mode after all these years.

Our 12 year old, second-hand-when-we-bought-it PC finally gave up the ghost a few weeks back so had to bite the bullet and get a new one (in itself an exercise in feeling old when we wound up with something that looks like a speaker that we couldn't plug our VGA monitor into), so I was excited at the prospect of joining (or at least having one foot in the door of) the glorious PC master race. The first game I've installed? An abandonware version of 17-year old Mechwarrior 4: Mercenaries.

Bloody loving it, too. Shooting big robots with other big robots is never not fun.

• 2 weeks later...

Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition on Switch. I never played it on 360 and am having an absolute blast playing it now.

Also loving Super Mario Odyssey the second time round after being left feeling a bit cold by it initially when it first came out. Don’t know what’s changed between then and now but it’s just clicking with me a lot more now.

Lastly, playing The Way Remastered and it’s a tough **** of a game. Only cost me 4p though and it has bags of charm. 

Â