What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

40 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

What do you mean, you can’t get all the Pokemon. On this game ? You have to trade with someone who has the eevee version? 

most pokemon games have exclusives to each colour/version

Pokemon Lets Go Eevee Exclusive Pokemon:      Vulpix, Ninetales, Meowth, Persian, Bellsprout, Weepinbell, Victreebel, Alolan Meowth, Alolan Persian, Ekans, Arbok, Koffing, Weezing, Pinsir, Mega Pinsir

Pokemon Lets Go Pikachu Exclusive Pokemon:      Sandshrew, Sandslash, Oddish, Gloom, Vileplume, Growlithe, Arcanine, Alolan Sandshrew, Alolan Sandslash, Mankey, Primeape, Grimer, Muk , Alolan Grimer, Alolan Muk, Scyther

44 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Pokemon Lets Go Eevee Exclusive Pokemon:      Vulpix, Ninetales, Meowth, Persian, Bellsprout, Weepinbell, Victreebel, Alolan Meowth, Alolan Persian, Ekans, Arbok, Koffing, Weezing, Pinsir, Mega Pinsir

Pokemon Lets Go Pikachu Exclusive Pokemon:      Sandshrew, Sandslash, Oddish, Gloom, Vileplume, Growlithe, Arcanine, Alolan Sandshrew, Alolan Sandslash, Mankey, Primeape, Grimer, Muk , Alolan Grimer, Alolan Muk, Scyther

So your telling me none of the above ones I can get unless I trade with someone who has a eevee game?? 

21 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

So your telling me none of the above ones I can get unless I trade with someone who has a eevee game?? 

It's the same system all the Pokémon games have worked on, there's a few exclusives to each version to encourage trading. Obviously that's easier now there's online trading, which I believe Let's Go still has?

You can also transfer Pokémon from Pokémon Go into the Let's Go games, which also gets around it.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Hornso said:

I believe so, sorry mate.

No worries pal. We can certainly trade then. I'm still pretty new to game I have about 30 so far so give me a couple days and we can arrange trades. I'll capture some more spares for the likes of sands sandscrew, oddish and akanine as I've got all of them so far

16 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

No worries pal. We can certainly trade then. I'm still pretty new to game I have about 30 so far so give me a couple days and we can arrange trades. I'll capture some more spares for the likes of sands sandscrew, oddish and akanine as I've got all of them so far

No worries, I'll need some time too. I'll collect what I can and PM me when you are ready. No hurry.

On 30/01/2019 at 21:37, LakotaDakota said:

There must be some errors there as I just caught a Persian on let's go pickachu version? 

8 hours ago, Hornso said:

No worries, I'll need some time too. I'll collect what I can and PM me when you are ready. No hurry.

Yep no problem I reckon by Sunday I should have a fair few. 

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

There must be some errors there as I just caught a Persian on let's go pickachu version? 

Yep no problem I reckon by Sunday I should have a fair few. 

You can actually get 1 persian in pikachu & 1 Arcanine in Eevee but you will not be able to get any of the others

4 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

You can actually get 1 persian in pikachu & 1 Arcanine in Eevee but you will not be able to get any of the others

Aaah really thanks for that. That clears that up. I have tk say I absolute love this game. Its so addictive. 

Ys VIII -Lacrimosa of Dana-

H2x1_NSwitch_YsVlllLacrimosaOfDana_image

I don't know what a Lacrimosa is tbf, hopefully it doesn't prove to be important. 

The Ys (ee-s) series is amongst that collection of other other long running JRPG's - far behind the likes of Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest, and the increasingly popular MegaTen/Persona and Tales series. 

Believe it or not the first game was released in 1989, with games coming out on a variety of systems over the years, including the NES, SNES, DS, Saturn, Windows, PS2, PSP, amongst others. 

This game, the most recent release, is a PS4 port of the PSV original. Ys is somewhat unique in that you always play as the hero Adol, an adventurer, who has a number of allys that also make recurring appearances. However, apart from the very early games the stories are never connected. 

ys-8-localization.jpg

In this eighth instalment, Adol and his companion Dogi are working on a ship which is attacked by a giant tentacled creature, and find themselves shipwrecked on the mysterious island of Seiren. The bulk of the gameplay is made up of exploring the island, setting up a camp, finding other survivors on the island (of which there are many), and slowly unravelling the strange goings on - such as massive dinosaur like creatures attacking the group, and frequent dreams of a strange girl. 

Combat is what sets the series apart from it's peers. It's a pure action RPG. When you enter an area, mobs will load all over the place, which you battle in real time with no loading screens - but more than that there are no post battle screens either, it's all seemless. It's a satisfyingly complex battle system too. 

The soundtrack is absolutely superb, but being a vita port the visuals are frequently quite ugly. On the plus side, though, everything is nice and bright, with a varied colour pallet. 

ys-8-lacrimosa-of-dana_6007241.jpg

The big draw for me is the 'collection' of survivors, and the expansion of the camp as you go, opening up more shops, customisation options, areas of the island to explore and so on. I've written of my love of the Suikoden series before, and this is the closest I've seen this gen to a game that nails that formula. It's a mile away in terms of a politically intriguing plot, and although the base building isn't Terranigma / Dark Cloud level, it's enjoyable and makes for an addictive gameplay mechanic all the same. 

I'd recommend it to JRPG fans, when in the sales. It lacks polish, and has a number of annoying anime tropes as well, but the gameplay is great. As well as PS4 and PSV, it's also available on Switch and Windows. 

Edited by hogso
  • Like 2

VT friends, I'm on a mission to rekindle my love for gaming as a pastime!

Back in school around 10-15 years ago I used to run home from school, switch the Xbox on and meet my pals on Call of Duty or Gears of War. If my friends weren't online I'd play some Fifa, World of Warcraft or Runescape. When I had an Xbox I was obsessed with Gears of War. Also used to love handheld Pokemon games! This was basically my life for years every evening and weekend!

These days my PlayStation gathers dust and my friends have gone their own way. I'm not sure if I'm chasing those days but I struggle to play games solo. I've just bought Spiderman and no denying it's a great game I just don't feel like playing it.

Anyone in a similar boat? Trying to find 'that game' is hard!

1 hour ago, Warnock said:

Back in school around 10-15 years ago I used to run home from school, switch the Xbox on and meet my pals on Call of Duty or Gears of War. If my friends weren't online I'd play some Fifa, World of Warcraft or Runescape. When I had an Xbox I was obsessed with Gears of War. Also used to love handheld Pokemon games! This was basically my life for years every evening and weekend!

These days my PlayStation gathers dust and my friends have gone their own way. I'm not sure if I'm chasing those days but I struggle to play games solo. I've just bought Spiderman and no denying it's a great game I just don't feel like playing it.

I think a lot of people reach an age where gaming just doesn't do it for them anymore.  I think the reason it changes is the social aspect.  As you said friends go their own ways and have busy lives leaving gaming as a background activity that doesn't quite feel the same as it used to. 

1 hour ago, Warnock said:

I went through something similar a few years ago. Took a break and eventually the love came back

I've been into gaming for nearly 40 years now and I think the last couple of years I've enjoyed it more than ever (i have more time now the kids are growing up which is probably a big factor) so I suppose it just depends on the individual.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Warnock said:

buy an xbox one & play gears of war? ;) Plenty of them to choose from

Completed Dark Souls earlier today after coming to the series late (first game I played was Bloodborne followed by Ds3)

All 3 being a strange mix of compelling yet frustrating in equal measure 

Now to find something a little different 

Far Cry New Dawn at the moment and really enjoying it.

It's not going to attract any new fans (it's basically Far Cry 5.1) but I love these games anyway so it was a first day purchase.

The main difference this time is that enemies have varying toughness levels for different areas which means you need to be a little more pragmatic to your approach and can't just wander willy nilly around the whole map. Some reviews found this to be a negative but I actually quite like it as it's made my determination to level up weapons etc and get the most from each area more important. Plus there's still a **** tonne of exploration to do as the map is the usual hefty size.

Â