What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

FF7 on switch. 

I remember the day in 1999 I walked into Joypads in northfield (if you remember the shop, you remember the grumpy bastard who owned it 😄) with my heart set on getting FF8 and then he told me he’d just sold out and recommended 7 to me instead. I didn’t know anything about it at the time but he promised me I’d enjoy it. I got it home and played it for hours and hours. The first RPG I’d ever played and it blew my mind. When I finally got 8 I didn’t enjoy it half as much as 7 despite the fancier graphics. I played 7 through and have never played it since. 

To be playing it again 20 years later and on Nintendo’s latest device no less is brilliant and weird. I’m playing final fantasy 7 on a Nintendo product. It shouldn’t feel weird as I’ve been playing final fantasy on Xbox since 13 but it does feel different with this one. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've given FFXIV another go. First time round I played it on PS3, and then took the free upgrade option on PS4 for a short while. By far the most fun I've ever had with an MMO.

Golf Story on Switch is absolutely brilliant, making my way through it and it’s so imaginative and fun. Who knew golf could be so joyous!

Once done with this I’m moving onto Thimbleweed Park. Can’t wait to start it. 

The worst thing I’ve ever become addicted to is limited run physical versions of digital games. It’s a hell of a money sink but totally worth it!

17 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Golf Story on Switch is absolutely brilliant, making my way through it and it’s so imaginative and fun. Who knew golf could be so joyous!

Once done with this I’m moving onto Thimbleweed Park. Can’t wait to start it. 

The worst thing I’ve ever become addicted to is limited run physical versions of digital games. It’s a hell of a money sink but totally worth it!

My mates claim this ga,me is epic but I have to say it doesn’t look like my kind of game.

^^^ yes it’s very good!

Just played Alex Kidd on Switch. It was the first game I ever played in my life built in on a second hand master system II when I was about 7-8. It was rock hard back then and I’m just as **** at it now 25 years later. **** you Alex Kidd. **** you.

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished Limbo, very atmospheric and a nice little brain workout at times.

Now on to getting my ass handed to me on Sekiro, as I take my Bloodborne skills and try to shoehorn them into a game where it is completely the wrong thing to do.

Should be picking up Days Gone later today if I can get to the shop on time.

From the gameplay trailers I've seen it looks like it's going to be a really well put together AAA title. 

Also playing through My Time in Portia (excellent) and having a nostalgic blast through Far Cry 3 on PS4.

5 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Should be picking up Days Gone later today if I can get to the shop on time.

From the gameplay trailers I've seen it looks like it's going to be a really well put together AAA title. 

Also playing through My Time in Portia (excellent) and having a nostalgic blast through Far Cry 3 on PS4.

I'm waiting for the reviews first but unless it's a train wreck I'll most likely pick it up. 

28 minutes ago, dubbs said:

I'm waiting for the reviews first but unless it's a train wreck I'll most likely pick it up. 

It's getting 6/7 out of 10 reviews so not quite what I expected. Still good enough for me to give it a go but I can't say I'm not disappointed by the numbers.

Apparently the main criticism is a lack of originality (very similar to other sandbox games) and missing a USP. 

same with me, getting what I expected, main problems I've seen is that its almost too big and unwieldy trying lots of different things with most of them feeling tacked on rather than actually needed, added to that some poor writing making the game feel a bit empty and boring

Sony's run had to come to an end at some point and im glad its this rather than ghosts, this is a quiet time filler for me not much more

Days Gone was always destined to fail as not even Sony believed in the game.

Days Gone debuted at E3 2016 where it got two trailers, one to showcase the zombies and one to showcase some overly scripted gameplay. Aside from that Days Gone never appeared on an E3 stage again. Even in the months before its original Q3-2018 release, the game only featured on the E3 2018 pre-show. Sony's faith in Days Gone was that low that they didn't deem the game good enough to share the stage with Last of Us 2, Ghost of Tsushima, Death Stranding and Spider-Man, despite the fact Days Gone was out mere months after E3 2018, and E3 2018 would have been a great advertising platform for the game.

Now as we know Days Gone didn't make its Q3-2018 release getting delayed several times, but Sony knew that this game wasn't worth pushing as far back as early 2017. Sony have ramped up the hype train a bit in the last several weeks, but it feels more like Sony trying to make sure they get their money back, than trying to make Days Gone a sales success. 

3 hours ago, Designer1 said:

It's getting 6/7 out of 10 reviews so not quite what I expected. Still good enough for me to give it a go but I can't say I'm not disappointed by the numbers.

Apparently the main criticism is a lack of originality (very similar to other sandbox games) and missing a USP. 

So it might be worth getting world war z instead?

54 minutes ago, dubbs said:

So it might be worth getting world war z instead?

From my understanding World War Z is much more multiplayer based and in the Left For Dead mould which doesn't appeal to me at all as I prefer single player experiences.

Edited by Designer1

3 hours ago, Designer1 said:

From my understanding World War Z is much more multiplayer based and in the Left For Dead mould which doesn't appeal to me at all as I prefer single player experiences.

Must admit I prefer the single player modes on most game.   Getting on a bit now so my reactions aren't good enough for multiplayer 🤣

Edited by dubbs

13 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Must admit I prefer the single player modes on most game.   Getting on a bit now so my reactions are good enough for multiplayer 🤣

You and me both mate 😁

• Haha 1

Â