coda

On 12/3/2016 at 09:36, PieFacE said:

Kante to win successive Premier League titles with two different clubs?

Has a player in the Premier League ever done that before?

Was about to post the only person I can think of other than Schwarzer is Cantona with Leeds in the final year of the the old 1st Division before Sky invented football. He won the 1st ever Premier league with Utd the following season. But @Xela beat me to it anyway  :thumb:

• Like 1

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Only Schwarzer has in consecutive years in the Premier League era.

Though he made 0 appearances for Chelsea in his 'title winning season', and only 6 for Leicester, so it's a rather hollow victory. :P 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, chappy said:

Will be an unpopular opinion but I like watching Chelsea. My favourite of the 'big' teams.

They rode their luck yesterday, Man. City could easily have been 4 up. If KDB scores as he should it's game over.

That said they've had quite a tough fixture list in recent weeks and won them all so will take some stopping.

They rode their luck alright. 4 penalty shouts turned down, a contentious block from Luiz that didn't even register a free kick and countless other indiscretions going unpunished. Is it any wonder the Man City players were frustrated at the end?

2 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

Is it any wonder the Man City players were frustrated at the end?

They're going to get the shit kicked out of them in the return game. I imagine Aguero is going to regret a challenge like that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

They do but so did City earlier in the season. A lot can happen, injuries to key players, loss of form etc. Arsenal are going under the radar.

True but Arsenal are bottlejobs. Chelsea or Citeh (as it should be considering the resources)

People were crowning City as Champions in September and Liverpool in October.  There's a long way to go.  Chelsea do look like the real deal at the moment though.

18 hours ago, PaulC said:

They do but so did City earlier in the season. A lot can happen, injuries to key players, loss of form etc. Arsenal are going under the radar.

For a reason. They are no different to any other season, the same failings are there just waiting to surface. As for Chelsea they simply have a far better and crucially better balanced squad than City.

Can't see past Chelsea for the title myself.

On 05/12/2016 at 13:53, PaulC said:

Chelsea have way more balance and strength in the their squad than City so are better equipped to manage key player absence or loss of form. See Cesc coming in at the weekend.

13 minutes ago, villa89 said:

It would be interesting to see how they do if Costa gets injured. They don't have any replacement for him in their squad.

It would but they have Batshuayi who is still adjusting to life in English football and is yet to start a PL game but has scored once from nine sub appearances. Not a great record but he is a talented player and will adapt I'm sure.

Bit they are right they don't have another Costa but then they are less dependent upon him than CIty are on Aguerro.

That Nigerian kid has a pretty good record for City so I'd be confident he can cover Aguero in his ban as he did in the Manchester derby. Plus KDB and midfield can step up with goals.

Man. City's problems are firmly in defence.

With Chelsea I think if they lose one of Costa or Hazard for a decent amount of games they'll run into problems. If they lose Hazard they'd bring in Willian. Good player but it would be a bit more workmanlike and Costa wouldn't quite have so many quick balls to run onto.

That's if Chelsea even have any injuries...they are playing once a week of course and to me they always seem the best of all the top clubs at keeping their players fit. You see injuries crisis's at Arsenal, Man. United and Liverpool at least once a season but never Chelsea.

Â