coda

32 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

I'm sure he'll try it against the lesser sides, but I don't think it would work in general. I am in love with Bonucci as a player though, ridiculous passing range.

I'm a big fan of his as well! Quality centerback!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Clickings

Chelsea currently have 38 players out on loan.

Do you think that's OK or should there be a limit to teams taking the piss with this kind of stockpiling?

Premier League

Nathan Aké, age 21 (Bournemouth)

Patrick Bamford, 22 (Burnley)

Kenedy, 20 (Watford)

Loïc Rémy, 29 (Crystal Palace)

Championship

Tammy Abraham, 18 (Bristol City)

Christian Atsu, 24 (Newcastle United)

Isaiah Brown, 19 (Rotherham United)

Tomas Kalas, 23 (Fulham)

Kasey Palmer, 19 (Huddersfield Town)

Lucas Piazon, 22 (Fulham, until January)

League One

Jake Clarke-Salter, 18 (Bristol Rovers)

Charlie Colkett, 19 (Bristol Rovers)

League Two

Mitchell Beeney, 20 (Crawley Town, until January)

Jamal Blackman, 22 (Wycombe Wanderers, until January)

Alex Davey, 21 (Crawley Town, until January)

Jordan Houghton, 20 (Doncaster Rovers, until January)

Alex Kiwomya, 20 (Crewe Alexandra, until January)

English non-league

Nathan Baxter, 17 (Metropolitan Police, until January)

Dion Conroy, 20 (Aldershot, until January)

Belgium

Cristián Cuevas, 21 (Sint-Truidense)

Matej Delac, 24 (Royal Excel Mouscron)

Islam Feruz, 20 (Royal Excel Mouscron)

Brazil

Wallace, 22 (Grêmio, Brazil)

Colombia

Jhoao Rodríguez, 20 (Independiente Sante Fe)

Germany

Baba Rahman, 22 (Schalke)

Andreas Christensen, 20 (Borussia Mönchengladbach, second year of two-year loan)

Michael Hector, 24 (Eintracht Frankfurt, Germany)

Italy

Juan Cuadrado, 28 (Juventus, three-year loan)

Mario Pasalic, 21 (Milan)

Netherlands

Lewis Baker, 21 (Vitesse Arnhem)

Matt Miazga, 21 (Vitesse Arnhem)

Nathan, 20 (Vitesse Arnhem)

Danilo Pantic, 19 (Excelsior)

Bertrand Traoré, 20 (Ajax)

Spain

Bekanty Victorien Angban, 19 (Granada)

Jeremie Boga, 19 (Granada)

Charly Musonda, 19 (Real Betis)

Turkey

Kenneth Omeruo, 22 (Alanyaspor)

not a problem for me, people say Chelsea are ruining the young players careers but the agents and family of the players need take more responsibility than Chelsea for that. They arent breaking any rules

this is a club that Lukaku, De Bruyne even Matic couldnt make it at when younger so players really need think of career and not short term money

Best youth set up in England and European U19 champions, none of them have got a chance of playing, the problem is the wages they offer blow everyone out of the water and they have great facilities and coaches so kids will always join them

for the good of the prem? Not really bothered to be honest

for the good of English football? They're the epitome of where we've gone wrong, don't blame foreigners or winter breaks or even make up some bullshit about our league being more intense...22 year old Bamford, made 2 appearances for forest before joint the bright lights of Chelsea, never kicked a ball for them, he never will...but that penny won't ever drop because he's paid the wage of a level above where he actually is and he has the media hype him and England call him up regardless,he has in effect "made it"

Chalobah hasn't even got himself a loan this year, 21 years old, played 24 games in 3 seasons out on loan, mainly as a sub but he earns £30k a week so again hes "made it"

theyre ruining English youth football

• Like 1

17 hours ago, villakram said:

It's an absolute disgrace. Chelsea are acting as an indentured servitude factory in, at a minimum, ethical contravention of all sorts of things... though agents, player wages, FIFA, gabby etc. 

More seriously, it can't be a good thing for competition if a single entity owns so many player registrations. This should be specifically regulated by the FA in the same way that 3rd party ownership is frowned upon, e.g., make the market value of the loaned player count towards the parent clubs financial "fair-play" balance as a purchase.

post-58475-Morgan-Freeman-hes-right-you-

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Zatman said:

not a problem for me, people say Chelsea are ruining the young players careers but the agents and family of the players need take more responsibility than Chelsea for that. They arent breaking any rules

I didn't ask if they were breaking rules.  We know they're not breaking rules.  The broader question is whether there should be a rule to restrict this kind of stockpiling.

And as for the assertion that a family of a young kid should have the moral conviction or, more relevantly, the financial independence to turn down the Chelseas of the world then I can only assume you are being incredibly facetious.

• Like 1

I think that's 2 separate issues.  A single player going on loads of loans is one thing.  It means he either hasn't settled or they're biding their time on him maturing or whatever.  It's the lack of a ceiling on squad size that is my problem.  Having 38 players on loan plus the 30-odd that actually play at Chelsea and then the remaining U21 squad on pro contracts.  I wonder how close to 100 professional footballers are on their books.

5 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

But why is it a disgrace?

because I personally don't even think they're gambling on some of these youngsters potential, they have no intention of playing them, they know that they will make profit, they can have £2m in the bank or they can go buy the best English 16 year old in the country, loan him for 3/4 years and then sell him for £5-10m

Christian Atsu is 24, been there 3 years...he's never breaking through...he's played 17 games on loan in 2 years, but he's got 42 caps for Ghana, £30k a week in wages and on here there was a couple of posters disappointed he's joined Newcastle so he's obviously hyped somewhere

i dont know what the answer is, I still think we should a 25 man squad wage cap to stop subs and reserves getting mega money, they might be able to introduce a wage cap for players under the age of 21, something like until you hit 21 or play 20 games for your parent club you can't earn more than £5k a week, I don't know if they should have a set buy out clause in every loan deal based on something sensible rather than a token £25m, don't know if they should introduce a buy out clause for anyone not named in the 25 man squad, I don't know if the any to stop it is to target the profit they can make, if they don't play within 2 years they can leave for £5m...

• Like 2

16 hours ago, BOF said:

I didn't ask if they were breaking rules.  We know they're not breaking rules.  The broader question is whether there should be a rule to restrict this kind of stockpiling.

And as for the assertion that a family of a young kid should have the moral conviction or, more relevantly, the financial independence to turn down the Chelseas of the world then I can only assume you are being incredibly facetious.

well if they really cared about the kids future they would say to not go there. Izzy Brown is a recent and famous example. If he stayed at WBA he would probably have more relevant experience and a decent pay packet compared to what he does now at Chelsea when he just gets a pay packet

• 3 weeks later...
Â