coda

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Conte is proving he is one of the best managers in the world currently. I mean he has chelsea playing amazing all season which is even more impressive considering they finished 10th last season.

He's doing great but lets be honest, last season was an anomaly for Chelsea. They were league champions the season before. 

43 minutes ago, Xela said:

He's doing great but lets be honest, last season was an anomaly for Chelsea. They were league champions the season before. 

You'd probably expect them to be top or within a point or 2, as they're 10 points clear then I'm very impressed by that.

• 4 weeks later...

Great 5 live Sport Special here on N'Golo Kante. Worth a listen.

Mark Chapman brings you an N'Golo Kanté special, alongside French football writer Julian Laurens, The Sunday Times correspondent Jonathan Northcroft and Paul McGuinnes, who was until last year the Under-18s

coach at Manchester United. We'll take you on N'Golo Kanté's journey to the top and explain what makes him so special. Why did he go to training on a scooter? And what are Premier League academies doing to unearth the next Kanté?

Creating Kante

On ‎03‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 12:03, Xela said:

That's it, the players just didn't want to play for Mourninho anymore. He has improved them, but everything was there for him in the first place. 

• 3 weeks later...

N'Golo Kanté :wub:

Just read an article about him that made me love him even more. 

It's in Swedish so I won't link it, but he really seem like a great guy. Drives a used MINI Cooper he bought for £20 k :).

Reminds me so much of Claude Makalele who was one of my favorite players and vastly underrated.

Really hope he gets POTS.

"75% of the worlds surface is covered by water, the rest is covered by N'Golo Kanté" :D

Edit: Props to Steve Walsh who hounded Ranieri into signing Kanté and also found Mahrez and Vardy among others. Everton got an important piece in their new project in him.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

And he cost 1/3 of Pogba :)

Still makes me laugh that Wenger didn't sign him as he didn't want to obstruct Coquelin's development.

It doesn't matter now as he has purchased Xhaka...

Alonso went off injured during warm up yesterday, Zouma was playing wing back for a period of time. Why on earth did they recall Nathan Ake? He was actually getting games at Bournemouth and was very good for them. It's not like they are direct rivals either. 

• Like 1

Chelsea captain John Terry will leave at the end of the season after more than two decades at Stamford Bridge.

The defender, 36, is the Blues' most decorated player, having won four Premier Leagues, five FA Cups and three League Cups. He also has Champions League and Europa League medals.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39623727

Probably not the wisest decision to open up the comments on this one BBC.

Everyone still think they're nailed on for the title? Seem to be slipping a little and while Spurs have a few tough games, I'm not sure I'd bet against Spurs to win a game at the moment. 

Still fancy Chelsea to win it, but they've still got a few tricky ties. 

19 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

Everyone still think they're nailed on for the title? Seem to be slipping a little and while Spurs have a few tough games, I'm not sure I'd bet against Spurs to win a game at the moment. 

Still fancy Chelsea to win it, but they've still got a few tricky ties. 

Yes, nailed on.  Would be a massive **** up if they didn't.

• 2 weeks later...

http://soccer.nbcsports.com/2017/05/02/report-chelsea-lead-65-million-chase-for-virgil-van-dijk/

The summer long saga surrounding Southampton’s Virgil Van Dijk has begun.

In truth, it did some time ago.

Van Dijk, 25, is said to be interesting Liverpool, Arsenal, Manchester City and Chelsea and a report in The Sun states the latter has jumped to the front of the queue ahead of Arsenal.

Per the report from Neil Ashton, Chelsea is said to be offering $65 million for the elegant central defender and also a loan deal for Danish defender Andreas Christensen.

Christensen has spent the past two seasons on loan at Borussia Monchengladbach and the 21-year-old is highly-regarded at Stamford Bridge but his path to the first team has been blocked by Gary CahillDavid LuizKurt Zouma and John Terry.

With Terry leaving Chelsea at the end of this season Antonio Conte needs to reinforce his backline and although the trio of Cesar Azpilicueta, Luiz and Cahill have impressed, Chelsea keeping just one clean sheet in their last 12 Premier League games hasn’t.

As for Van Dijk, he’s been missing since late January after suffering a serious foot injury and is unlikely to play again this season.

The Dutch international has become Southampton’s captain in just his second season at the club and he only signed a new six-year deal last summer after being named their Player of the Season.

Van Dijk’s supreme ability on the ball has always been his major strength and the former Celtic star has also added extra defensive solidity to his play over the past two seasons. He seems like the perfect fit for the champions elect and the temptation of UEFA Champions League action is sure to interest VVD.

Can Southampton really stand in his way if Chelsea offer $65 million for the player they bought for $16.7 million two summers ago?

They can’t.

Â