coda

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

utThe loan system has to be changed. Its all wrong! Should be a cap on how many players you can loan on. think Chelsea have nearly 40 loanees

Edited by PaulC

What $65m buys you is a defender who is proven to be able to cope with this league specifically. The point is he's fairly close to being a risk-free purchase, which is why he's worth so much money. 

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Some reports suggesting that Chelsea will spend 4 seasons away from Stamford Bridge while they redevelop it. Blimey 

4 years in Wembley? Maybe they could ground share with Spurs while they redevelop Stamford Bridge.

I had the fact clubs play their games at Wembley. Make it feel less important for big games. I remember rocking up at the old Wembley and it just felt so special.

Now? Meh.

• Like 2

thats been and gone now anyway IMO

and i think you either cap the number of loans, cap the wages that can be paid to a player until he has a certain number of first team appearances (but human rights!) or you have to insert clauses in to all U23 players that if they dont play a certain number of games for their parent club every year they can leave for a token sum of money

6 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Van Dijk isn't even that good.

He has improved since he got to Soutampton but I think he is another defender that good on the ball but wouldnt trust him to hold a defence together

• 2 weeks later...

The Fink Tank in the Times, a mathematically-based column which assesses everything by the numbers, has come up with the Premier League's player of the year.

The pundits are raving about Hazard, Alli and Lukaku, but the maths has reached a different conclusion.

Spoiler

" The magnificent Gary Cahill"

Can't say I am too ecstatic by Chelsea winning the league. Probably the club I least like. Conte has done a great job. Cahill has had a fantastic career since leaving Villa. Probably Oneill's biggest mistake not recognising he had one of Englands finest cbs in the last 30 years at the club. He could do a better job as a striker than many players we have signed too. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, PaulC said:

Cahill has had a fantastic career since leaving Villa. Probably Oneill's biggest mistake not recognising he had one of Englands finest cbs in the last 30 years at the club

You really think so? He's good, I agree, but think in a different era (like 10 years or so previous), he would have barely got a sniff at the English centre back berths. 

• Like 3

Â