coda

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Looks like another huge profit coming from the sale of a player who has never played for them - Bamford

Could make £8.5m profit 

Who on Earth is daft enough to pay that for him?

(I haven't checked On Topic for a day or so. Please don't say it's us . . .)

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Who on Earth is daft enough to pay that for him?

(I haven't checked On Topic for a day or so. Please don't say it's us . . .)

Boro - £6m rising to £10m with add-ons

4 hours ago, Xela said:

Karanka will have spent up to £16m on Gestede and Bamford, 2 strikers who have barely scored a premier league goal between them.

I bet they both bang them in in training though, Tis the Guzan effect ;)

4 hours ago, Xela said:

Looks like another huge profit coming from the sale of a player who has never played for them - Bamford

Could make £8.5m profit 

All part of just about the smartest model out there.

They sign players, let others develop them and then sell them on or bring them back to play a part at Chelsea.

Helps with their drive to being self sufficient, helps with FFP and helps develop the odd player or two.

I only wish we were run so smartly.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

All part of just about the smartest model out there.

They sign players, let others develop them and then sell them on or bring them back to play a part at Chelsea.

Helps with their drive to being self sufficient, helps with FFP and helps develop the odd player or two.

I only wish we were run so smartly.

It's very clever, until they buy back a player for £60m they sold for £30m.

46 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Why he scored plenty of Goals for Boro in the championship before.

Because he's tanked on his last three loans, had his attitude questioned by at least one of those managers, and every time I've seen him, he hasn't looked capable of scoring once. I just think he's a busted flush. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't want to spend £10m to find out. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Xela said:

Great servant over the years

Very much this.

I wonder if there's special dispensation for stuff like this. Like if Chelsea win the title, even though he left in Jan is there a chance he gets a winners medal for his contribution this season?

9 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

Very much this.

I wonder if there's special dispensation for stuff like this. Like if Chelsea win the title, even though he left in Jan is there a chance he gets a winners medal for his contribution this season?

I think if play a certain amount of games your guaranteed a medal anyway. think they changed it to 5. Happened to Crouch when he was on loan from us and we recalled him early. I think Mourinho also organised a player to get a medal a few seasons ago when they left in January might have been Schwarzer

Â