coda

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

I think if play a certain amount of games your guaranteed a medal anyway. think they changed it to 5. Happened to Crouch when he was on loan from us and we recalled him early. I think Mourinho also organised a player to get a medal a few seasons ago when they left in January might have been Schwarzer

iirc Schurrle also got one as well

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, Zatman said:

think they changed it to 5.

Correct and right

The question was asked in the above article re- Lee-chester's players last season.

Who gets a Premier League winners' medal?

You need to have played five Premier League games for the champions to be eligible for a winners' medal.

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

The title is over at the beginning of February. Boring really! But yes Conte has made Chelsea really really good.

I'm really impressed with him addressing the problems they had early in the season and taking a big gamble going 3 at the back at that point.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Genie said:

I'm really impressed with him addressing the problems they had early in the season and taking a big gamble going 3 at the back at that point.

said it at start when people wanking over mourinho, klopp and guardiola. conte was the best manager in the league and even with the Costa to China story he was no nonsense and stuck by his guns

• Like 1

On 2/5/2017 at 10:04, Zatman said:

even with the Costa to China story he was no nonsense and stuck by his guns

im curious how you think this conversation gone??    

"costa no youre not moving"
"but i want to for money"
"no im no nonsense. stay here"
"ok"

im always amazed how people have opinions about this type of stuff. but it fits with you liking conte before he arrived. what did he stick to? and how did it influence anything?

Edited by gharperr

32 minutes ago, gharperr said:

im curious how you think this conversation gone??    

"costa no youre not moving"
"but i want to for money"
"no im no nonsense. stay here"
"ok"

im always amazed how people have opinions about this type of stuff. but it fits with you liking conte before he arrived. what did he stick to? and how did it influence anything?

Still trying to decipher this conversation to be honest.

• 4 weeks later...

I've read that Conte might leave Chelsea to join Inter Milan's rebuilding project. I just can't believe that is true. Conte is proving he is one of the best managers in the world currently. I mean he has chelsea playing amazing all season which is even more impressive considering they finished 10th last season. Abromovich will likely give Conte bucketloads to spend for next season since they will have champs league to worry about. 

I just can't see Conte leaving for a project unless he is extremely homesick or something of that nature. 

1 hour ago, Czechlad said:

I've read that Conte might leave Chelsea to join Inter Milan's rebuilding project. I just can't believe that is true. Conte is proving he is one of the best managers in the world currently. I mean he has chelsea playing amazing all season which is even more impressive considering they finished 10th last season. Abromovich will likely give Conte bucketloads to spend for next season since they will have champs league to worry about. 

I just can't see Conte leaving for a project unless he is extremely homesick or something of that nature. 

Think Diego Simeone will be the obvious candidate for the Inter job.

Then again if Conte goes to Inter I'm sure Simeone will be the top target for Chelsea.

Inter Milan is a massive poisoned chalice job these days now Juventus are back completely dominating Seria A again. Inter are back to where they were mid to late 90s now.

I think the word was Conte was homesick as his family was still in Italy but seems they're moving to London in the summer and he's drawing up a list of transfer targets so little in it.

38 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Inter Milan is a massive poisoned chalice job these days now Juventus are back completely dominating Seria A again. Inter are back to where they were mid to late 90s now.

I think the word was Conte was homesick as his family was still in Italy but seems they're moving to London in the summer and he's drawing up a list of transfer targets so little in it.

True, but Inter has new wealthy Chinese ownership now under Suning Holdings Group who are pumping in a lot of money.

It was the same in the 90s when Morrati was signing Ronaldo, Zamarano, Baggio etc and they kept on finishing runners up.

Obviously they benefited from the scandal that relegated Juve but they've done little since Mourinho left and that was 7 years ago now.

Their squad is pretty good as it is but to me it's mentality...they beat Juventus at start of the season and then lost their next 3 in the league.

Same as Milan who had a very good start to the season and have now fizzled out...the champions league is missing something without either Milan club in it.

• Like 2

I really dont think their squad is that good at all. they have players like Trent Sainsbury, Biabiany, Santon on the books plus a lot of journeymen like Ansaldi, Andreolli, Palacio and D'Ambrosio

Candreva, Handanovic maybe if Miranda still has it would be only players that are good enough in my eyes for a team like Inter. I wouldnt even rate Icardi that highly

Icardi will score goals but Gabriel barbosa still barely gets a sniff, palacios is still kicking about, Medel gets regular games for them...there's something to work with but they are miles behind juve, even if juve lost dybala in the summer, they're the ones with the youth too, rugani, coman 

Â