coda

best team in league by a mile but I find it hilarious the drama over the 3-4-3 and how to stop it as if its not the players you beat but the system. you would swear nobody has ever played that system before

its as hilarious as people not knowing how to stop 10 year veteran Rory Delap and his long throws

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

best team in league by a mile but I find it hilarious the drama over the 3-4-3 and how to stop it as if its not the players you beat but the system. you would swear nobody has ever played that system before

its as hilarious as people not knowing how to stop 10 year veteran Rory Delap and his long throws

Best manager in league by a mile too IMO

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

best team in league by a mile but I find it hilarious the drama over the 3-4-3 and how to stop it

To be fair, Premier League sides have played with a back 4 for the most part for a long time now. The odd time a team has played differently, it's not really been a top club. I think that's part of it's strength, you can do all the training on it you want, but until you come up against a top team actually playing that way, you aren't going to know what it's like to play against it.

Edited by kurtsimonw

1 hour ago, kurtsimonw said:

To be fair, Premier League sides have played with a back 4 for the most part for a long time now. The odd time a team has played differently, it's not really been a top club. I think that's part of it's strength, you can do all the training on it you want, but until you come up against a top team actually playing that way, you aren't going to know what it's like to play against it.

This must be part of the explanation, but it can't be all of it . . . if he taught his own players to play that way in a week or so, then other clubs should be able to work out a solution now they've had lots of advance warning. 

4 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

true but you think a football "expert" could do some research and pick out one of his defeats in Italy or watch what Loew did in Euros. Conte isnt even the only Italian manager playing this tactic in Premier League at moment :P

Or Conte. I wouldn't say Chelsea are the best team in the league by a mile but they are the most solid. For me Liverpool have played the best football. But as seen before the teams that play the best football don't win leagues. I still think like Chris if Chelsea get a few injuries to key players they would struggle

Edited by PaulC

Costa and Kante are out of game vs Bournemouth. we will see these limitations now. They have coped with Moses at right wing back so I am sure they be OK

Conte could put MIkel up top and he probably bang in goals

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

true but you think a football "expert" could do some research and pick out one of his defeats in Italy or watch what Loew did in Euros. Conte isnt even the only Italian manager playing this tactic in Premier League at moment :P

But like I said before, how often do you play a top team that plays an unusual system? Italian sides, even the good ones, have played with a back 3 so it's nothing entirely new there. Conte played a 3-5-2 at Juve, so it's a bit different when you exchanging a Pirlo type player and a striker for wingers.

As for Low in the Euros. There aren't many Premier League managers that have a squad as strong as the German national team. Nor can they rely on a shootout in a league game.

I know but it depends who they have to replace them with. Liverpool without their best player, Origi comes in and does well. Other sides have more options up front. I think Costa, especially in the form he is in is irreplaceable.

Edited by PaulC

4 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

But like I said before, how often do you play a top team that plays an unusual system? Italian sides, even the good ones, have played with a back 3 so it's nothing entirely new there. Conte played a 3-5-2 at Juve, so it's a bit different when you exchanging a Pirlo type player and a striker for wingers.

As for Low in the Euros. There aren't many Premier League managers that have a squad as strong as the German national team. Nor can they rely on a shootout in a league game.

true especially regarding Germany but I am actually moaning about the "experts" who never mention this or dont do any research on Sky, BT or Match of the Day

• 5 weeks later...
Â