coda

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Chelsea are a slightly mental organisation. They've just been fined, Costa has I think pretty clearly stamped on a fella (and possibly gotten away with a second one too) and will get banned. 

Appealing this, and upsetting the media and the league by cancelling their press conference is only going to get them another fine and potentially a longer ban for Costa. 

They seem to have no concept of guilt or responsibility - it's misplaced victim syndrome on near scouse levels.

• Like 3

Ive only seen the stamp from one angle but its hard to say he actually meant it from angle I saw, but as Costa is a nutcase I wouldnt give him the benefit of doubt. As for Mourinho I like the fact he is going to war with Sky and also winding up Liverpool at same time.

hopefully a distraction for next weeks game

Only he knows if he meant it, in his defence he wasn't looking at him when it happened.

Its not like the vertonghan throat grab from last night which hasn't been mentioned.

I thought he had a look first.

The Vertonghen one is ridiculous - Spurs lead a charmed life, but I doubt they'd have appealed it if he was charged. If Costa had marched into the stand with a bat and cracked Kenny Dalglish on the noggin I reckon Jose would appeal it and claim it was part of a conspiracy.

Chelsea are a slightly mental organisation. They've just been fined, Costa has I think pretty clearly stamped on a fella (and possibly gotten away with a second one too) and will get banned. 

Appealing this, and upsetting the media and the league by cancelling their press conference is only going to get them another fine and potentially a longer ban for Costa. 

They seem to have no concept of guilt or responsibility - it's misplaced victim syndrome on near scouse levels.

I understand exactly what you're saying, but its no way near Scouse levels. Thats a whole new stratosphere of "the world owes me a favour / chip on the shoulder" mentality.

Well they won't change their system just because Costa is out, so we'll only face one of those 2 at a time. Neither of them strike fear into me the way Costa does. Drogba is past it and Remy is far more predictable a striker than Costa is. Not saying he's shite. Far from it. But he's far easier to deal with.

... and now watch him score a hat-trick.

• Like 1

Did costa do it on purpose?

Its impossible to prove, which is why I'm surprised they followed through with the ban.

Yet vertonghans clearly more deliberate act of strangulation in spurs sheff Utd game doesn't warrant a charge & ban?

The consistency from the FA is bewildering.

Â