coda

Deserved suspension and it won't be his last. Another Suarez style thug.

Actually worse, and I've an Atlético mate who said to watch out for him. Suarez used to lose the head in the heat of the moment and lash out (with his teeth). This fella goes into situations knowing what he's going to do. Knowing he's going to potentially hurt someone. He's a proper tramp and you're right when you say it won't be his last. I doubt it'll be his biggest ban either.
  • Like 1

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only he knows if he meant it, in his defence he wasn't looking at him when it happened.

Its not like the vertonghan throat grab from last night which hasn't been mentioned.

I think he knew what he was doing. To do the same thing twice in a game as well.

The one he was banned for was the stamp on the touchline, I just think it was impossible to prove he he did it deliberately because he wasn't looking at him when he did it.

I find it more disturbing that other incidents that are far more clear cut dont even appear on the FA's radar yet they ban costa on the balance of probability.

Not saying he didn't deserve it, just find the process of finding him guilty flawed.

• Like 1

I think he knew what he was doing. To do the same thing twice in a game as well.

Yep. If we assume he's innocent just for a minute. When an innocent player goes to place his foot on the ground in order to accelerate, he knows roughly in his head where the ground is going to be, even though it's out of his field of vision where the foot will land. So when his foot made solid contact with something much higher up in the stepping motion than he should expect, the automatic response of an innocent party in order to avoid falling or injuring oneself would be to do something about it, however small that adjustment would be. He'd either adjust his footing, stop accelerating, or even assess exactly what he has connected with, or make any kind of involuntary move to deal with it.

He doesn't do any of those things, because he makes contact with exactly what he expected to make contact with. He knows when he goes to accelerate that he's going to be planting much earlier (higher up) than the ground. When he makes contact with the leg he continues to accelerate with no adustment because he has made expected contact with something. He even lands it so flush that he can continue to push off with it in one movement.

It's a completely pre-meditated guilty stamp.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Mourinho never frickin stops! So tired of his self-pity. So tired of his eternal victimhood. Now he's calling a player a criminal. Nonsense!

Did you see the tackle? Ashley Barnes was already in the air when Matic swoops in peripherally. The video is very clear: there's not a damn thing Barnes could have done. It truly is a case of things happen in football. If anyone was at fault, it was Matic for essentially thrusting his leg in front of a kicking striker. You can even see Barnes trying to stop himself but it's obviously too late.

Right call. Glad to see Matic sent off. I hope Jose gets another fine until he finally shuts it.

Edited by Shifted To Neutral

Did costa do it on purpose?

Its impossible to prove, which is why I'm surprised they followed through with the ban.

Seriously?

First time I've seen it, I don't think he meant either of those. First one he's just trying to sprint after the ball, second he's trying to hurdle the defender's leg which then moves.

First time I've seen it, I don't think he meant either of those. First one he's just trying to sprint after the ball, second he's trying to hurdle the defender's leg which then moves.

Agreed! Costa's kind of a prik but what else could he have done? I think he paid the price for his reputation rather than his actions here.

Mourinho never frickin stops! So tired of his self-pity. So tired of his eternal victimhood. Now he's calling a player a criminal. Nonsense!

Did you see the tackle? Ashley Barnes was already in the air when Matic swoops in peripherally. The video is very clear: there's not a damn thing Barnes could have done. It truly is a case of things happen in football. If anyone was at fault, it was Matic for essentially thrusting his leg in front of a kicking striker. You can even see Barnes trying to stop himself but it's obviously too late.

Right call. Glad to see Matic sent off. I hope Jose gets another fine until he finally shuts it.

Sorry, Matic deserved to go too but that is a shocker form Barnes. 

He couldn't avoid the contact, but he's properly left his foot in there.

He's a dirty little bastard is that Barnes.

Danny murphy was spot on regarding Barnes on talksport this morning, how many times do you see these absolute horrors tackles and the offender immediately raises he's hands and apologises, Barnes got up and just walked away which showed he knew exactly what he was doing.

• Like 3

Danny murphy was spot on regarding Barnes on talksport this morning, how many times do you see these absolute horrors tackles and the offender immediately raises he's hands and apologises, Barnes got up and just walked away which showed he knew exactly what he was doing.

Totally agree he knew exactly what he was doing and it wasn't the first nasty tackle he did in the match either. 

But how was Barnes supposed to pull his foot back? It's physically -- I mean, PHYSICS-cally -- impossible. He had no leverage point, no fulcrum. We're talking about a split second. I wasn't impressed by his walking away from the incident -- and OK, there's the dirty bastard coming out, perhaps -- but I fail to see how he could have possibly prevented that.

Walking away shows he was insensitive and cowardly, but if a guilty conscience were all that was necessary to prove criminal guilt, all the psychiatrists in the world would have to be retrained as prison guards. Feeling guilty doesn't make one guilty. Explain to me how Barnes could have prevented that?

Double standards from the F.A once again

Neither the Costa nor the Barnes incidents deserved a card. Failing to issue a card to Barnes for a non-foul wouldn't magically correct the FA's past mistake.

Edited by Shifted To Neutral

His foot was well off the ground though with the studs showing so i think its irrelovent whether he could pull out of the tackle or not. It just looked a very deliberate act to me. 

But he was kicking the ball, mate? Barnes' calf shoots in right when Barnes is kicking. Dead horse, I know, but ...

Mourinho never frickin stops! So tired of his self-pity. So tired of his eternal victimhood. Now he's calling a player a criminal. Nonsense!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e852UDSWgTkAshley Barnes was already in the air when Matic swoops in peripherally. The video is very clear: there's not a damn thing Barnes could have done. It truly is a case of things happen in football. If anyone was at fault, it was Matic for essentially thrusting his leg in front of a kicking striker. You can even see Barnes trying to stop himself but it's obviously too late.

But how was Barnes supposed to pull his foot back? It's physically -- I mean, PHYSICS-cally -- impossible. He had no leverage point, no fulcrum. We're talking about a split second. I wasn't impressed by his walking away from the incident -- and OK, there's the dirty bastard coming out, perhaps -- but I fail to see how he could have possibly prevented that.

Come on mate.

We've all played the game, that's deliberate. You don't leave your foot in like that by accident.

Its a horrible challenge and he should have gone as well as Matic.

Even if it was an accident, which I don't think it was, it should still be a red.

His foot was well off the ground though with the studs showing so i think its irrelovent whether he could pull out of the tackle or not. It just looked a very deliberate act to me. 

But he was kicking the ball, mate? Barnes' calf shoots in right when Barnes is kicking. Dead horse, I know, but ...

Kicking the ball?

UNCKp2T.png

U-WOT-M8.jpg

If that was an accident you'd pull your foot back when you kicked him. He's properly followed through, and he's lifted his standing leg so his weight goes on the front foot.

Horrible challenge.

Â