coda

i wont rate him as one of the best ever until he takes control of a team that isnt the best / 2nd best in the country and wins the title

Then you are never going to rate him as one of the best ever because that will never happen. 

Out of interest, who do you rate as the best ever? As in, clearly better than Mourinho. 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure neither Porto or Inter were 1st or 2nd best in those Champions Leagues. Arsenal and United were certainly better than Chelsea when he took over too.

Edited by kurtsimonw

Chelsea also finished third the season before his return with one of their weaker squads under Abramovich. Nonetheless, they pushed strongly for the title and made the Champions League semis with a strikeforce of Torres, Eto'o and Ba.

i wont rate him as one of the best ever until he takes control of a team that isnt the best / 2nd best in the country and wins the title

Then you are never going to rate him as one of the best ever because that will never happen. 

Out of interest, who do you rate as the best ever? As in, clearly better than Mourinho. 

certainly fergie, i think he did something jose will never do, add longevity, change his own style to suit different challenges, fergie saw off arsenal, chelsea and city to be fair, build several teams

trappatoni, hitzfield

i think jose will end up with a better record than van gaal and capello, although at the same time i think capello has tarnished his reputation a bit in the last 10 years, same with wenger, time and the rest of england has caught up with him (but what if after his original success here he'd have jumped ship to somewhere that was still behind his methods?)

there's just something about jose that stops me from putting him right at the top, i cant stand his brand of football, he knows how not to lose, if he spends 10 years at chelsea rebuilds the defence after terry and carries on winning the league and adds a CL then i'll think differently of him, if after another 2 years and terry's retirement and IMO an almost inevitable slight dip he jumps ship to say bayern and carries on winning things then my opinion of him wont change

you cant stand Jose brand of football but praise Trappatoni ;)

I rate Mourinho but I dont like his football but hard to deny facts. As for best ever Ive seen enough documentaries on RInus Michels to rate him higher even if way before my time

and the inter champions league winning team, he bought lucio, sneijder, eto'o and milito, the other 12 players in the squad were already there when he got there, out of the 16, 11 were over 30 (2 were 29) so its not surprising that they fell to pieces after he left (although Leonardo set a serie A points per game ratio record so they werent that bad) 

Steve Bruce > Mourinho

• 2 weeks later...

sky just said the details of their summer, they're doing an end of the season tour of thailand and australia, then they are going on their summer holidays (willian is going to the copa america) then they are back and playing in america

tyler actually said forget the winter break how about giving them a summer one

• Like 1

sky just said the details of their summer, they're doing an end of the season tour of thailand and australia, then they are going on their summer holidays (willian is going to the copa america) then they are back and playing in america

tyler actually said forget the winter break how about giving them a summer one

This is the thing, even if we did have a winter break, the 'big' clubs would just use that time to make money with a **** tour!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
Â