coda

I wonder what will happen with Cech and Curtious. Cech is still one of the world's best keepers but he is getting older although 31 is not that old for a keeper. If Chelsea do decide to go with Curtious, I wonder what team will pick up Cech.

Courtois is probably the best goalkeeper in Europe, the fact that Chelsea can simply recall him in the Summer to take over from Cech is mental. Talk of him going to Barcelona was rubbished by his own dad the other day, saying it will never happen (god knows why). 

Lucky buggers! He is having an immense game right now.

think they signed Ter Stegen anyway

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Some talk today that the EU could expand it's economic sanctions against Russia to include oligarchs, in particular an asset freeze against Roman Abramovich. Unsure how likely this would be, or how impactful it could be on Chelsea, but if Mourinho has no money to spend this summer, he's gone, and probably all their best players too.

Yeah, they run off their own income now so don't need money from Abramovich's pocket anymore.

They comply with financial fair play as well cause they make so much money whilst we are in breach of it being propped up by Lerner, go figure...

Edited by LondonLax
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

400 "fans" went crazy in Paris last night smashing up cafes and bars.

maybe they should be kicked out of Europe and banned for few years ;)as this seems to be suggestion on here when "fans" of Italian teams do it

• 3 months later...

I think Chelsea will win the league this year.   The players joining are better than the players who left and somehow they managed to turn a profit in the transfer market! 

Mentioned in the other thread but in the January window they sold Kevin De Bruyne (3 league appearances) for an £11m profit (paid £7m, sold for £18m) and Juan Mata for a £13.5m profit.  Those are two other players who weren't going to be in the first team under Mourinho.  2014 has been very profitable for Chelsea and will do an awful lot of good for their accounts.  It's mental when you can turn such huge profits on players who everybody knows you don't even want! 

Mentioned in the other thread but in the January window they sold Kevin De Bruyne (3 league appearances) for an £11m profit (paid £7m, sold for £18m) and Juan Mata for a £13.5m profit.  Those are two other players who weren't going to be in the first team under Mourinho.  2014 has been very profitable for Chelsea and will do an awful lot of good for their accounts.  It's mental when you can turn such huge profits on players who everybody knows you don't even want! 

They are good profits, I do agree but it is kind of offset against paying Torres, Eto'o and Ba a combined £350k a week last year :)

I think Ba and Eto'o just about earned their keep at Chelsea.  Ba's goal against PSG in the Champions League probably paid his wages for a while.  

Torres has been a disaster, he still has two years left on his contract and if Chelsea can't convince Atletico to take him off their hands this summer (which is looking increasingly unlikely) then he will probably disappear on a loan/fee next year. Still, he has made Shevchenko seem like less of a waste of money. 

Â