coda

Mentioned in the other thread but in the January window they sold Kevin De Bruyne (3 league appearances) for an £11m profit (paid £7m, sold for £18m) and Juan Mata for a £13.5m profit.  Those are two other players who weren't going to be in the first team under Mourinho.  2014 has been very profitable for Chelsea and will do an awful lot of good for their accounts.  It's mental when you can turn such huge profits on players who everybody knows you don't even want! 

With the Luiz transfer, allow me to be pretty cynical but given it was between two FFP affected clubs and was massively inflated...I dunno. I can see more of this happening, an old pals act to help clubs bend the rules.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't think he was complaining, I think he was answering the people questioning him about why Costa didn't start.

People accused him of overlooking Schalke, he's just clarifying that the real reason is that Costa isn't currently fit enough to start that often.

I don't think he was complaining, I think he was answering the people questioning him about why Costa didn't start.

People accused him of overlooking Schalke, he's just clarifying that the real reason is that Costa isn't currently fit enough to start that often.

Exactly. For once he was being honest and forthright.

Should have started Remy though.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Mourinho is complaining that Hazard will leave the premier league if nothing is done about the copious amounts of fouls that Hazard receives per match. Mourinho believes Hazard is targeted each match.

Normally I'd just list this as something else Mourinho is complaining about, but this is actually something I noticed in the few Chelsea matches I've watched this season. The Stoke match was awful for Hazard. 

Hazard has 59 fouls committed against him. No one comes close to that number. The referees have to be stricter because Hazard will eventually get a serious injury because of this. As a league, you don't want players fearing that dangerous fouls will go unpunished. 

1508603_772130366194652_6671645857737068

10888959_10152528465091434_7993224245748

rubbish. might as well stop tackling altogther and making challenges if we are going to protect individual players. i think chelsea can handle it, they only have players like schurrle, willen, oscar and costa as alternatives if hazard is taken out of the game.

moan-rinho is back. always whinges when they start dropping points

• Like 2

Â