coda

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

One of my mates he has a few contacts at chelsea says that poch was told he isnt having any input in summer incomings and poch wanted a say on the signings but he was told a firm no.

If true who the hells signing these players?

What a great way to run a club 😂

The other claim, from those who seem regarded as having ITK contacts at Chelsea, is it means a few of their homegrown players are off, and Poch wanted to keep them, including Gallagher...

• Like 1

They appointed a set piece coach mid season from Brentford who Poch didn't really want aswell.

Certainly depends on what Chelsea do next. If this was still Abramovich run then I reckon the next one in would be Allegri or maybe Simeone Inzaghi but seems Chelsea are desperate to go down the young and hungry coaching route once more....Maresca and McKenna would get eaten alive there with their lack of experience at the top level.

Steve Cooper would be a better fit but that would be a hard sell to the fanbase given Forest sacked him...Lambert's available I guess!

Michel from Girona would be interesting given how they've played this season.

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Go on stevie laaaaaad.

Plenty of moments of magic in that squad

You just know ego Michael Beale has applied already 

He finally gets the move after the local Scouse mafia blocked it all those years ago. In fact, they're probably pushing for the move 😂😉

• Haha 1

Some insider info  from my close friend who works at Chelsea 

I knew he was going yesterday he came round and spoke with everyone before spending 3 hours with the owners and sporting directors so we knew it was coming. I think it was his choice to leave not theirs.

All other managers that have been sacked have been in the meeting for less than 5 mins. Spending over 3 hours  in there to me means it was his choice.

Such a shame he was really nice and caring and one of the nicest ones we have had

• Like 2

Great news. This season was scarily mirroring the 14/15 season, his first at Spurs. Young squad, new players, slow start.  Two deep cup runs and a great end to the season, ultimately finishing 6th.  Next year they'd have been a problem. Hopefully now that's 1 less team to worry about as we try to hold onto our 4th spot.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

https://www.theguardian.com/football/article/2024/may/21/mauricio-pochettino-leaves-chelsea-by-mutual-agreement-after-one-season

McKenna, who inspired Ipswich’s astonishing promotion to the Premier League, has emerged as one of the leading contenders. Brighton want the 38-year-old to replace Roberto De Zerbi but Chelsea have been speaking to his representatives for a number of weeks. It is understood Chelsea’s interest has slowed Brighton’s attempts to secure a deal for McKenna.

Other names under ­consideration include Brentford’s Thomas Frank, Girona’s Míchel, Leicester’s Enzo Maresca and Stuttgart’s ­Sebastian Hoeness. Vincent Kompany has been described as a dark horse despite Burnley’s relegation from the ­Premier League. There are ­concerns that Sporting Lisbon’s Rúben Amorim does not fit the squad’s tactical profile and ­interest in De Zerbi has cooled.

It'll be Frank IMO. Chelsea love trying to emulate the hipster clubs

Edited by wishywashy

41 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

One of my mates he has a few contacts at chelsea says that poch was told he isnt having any input in summer incomings and poch wanted a say on the signings but he was told a firm no.

If true who the hells signing these players?

It’s also worth remembering  back to the beginning of the season when it was clear to all that Poch didn’t want Palmer 

Â