coda

I'm puzzled by the McKenna links tbh. He's done a great job so far, but there's a very good chance he's yet another flavour of the month who can do a great job at one club.

If I'm Chelsea or Brighton, I'm looking at a manager with 3 years under his belt punching above his weight with a team with no name players who run through walls for him and wonder if it translates to managing a dressing room full of established Premier League players. It's a step up that's proven very difficult to make again and again and again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ml1dch said:

Mutual consent doesn't actually mean mutual consent. It means agreed to go quietly and without fuss with a big pay-off.

Usually 100%, but it seems like in this case it actually might be, they've spent a day or two having a review of the season and a plan for the summer and it sounds like he didn't like what he heard.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Things only really seemed to improve when he was forced to stop playing Enzo and Caicedo together. The Enzo injury was actually a blessing for Chelsea and Poch because they then put a run together and basically masked over the season. 

Wouldn't have been surprising for it all to go massively wrong for them again next season even with Poch. 

Apart from the 5-0 drubbing at Arsenal they were undefeated since early February though, 14 games, a good 1/3rd of the season that he had them getting decent results.

15 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'm puzzled by the McKenna links tbh. He's done a great job so far, but there's a very good chance he's yet another flavour of the month who can do a great job at one club.

If I'm Chelsea or Brighton, I'm looking at a manager with 3 years under his belt punching above his weight with a team with no name players who run through walls for him and wonder if it translates to managing a dressing room full of established Premier League players. It's a step up that's proven very difficult to make again and again and again.

Mckenna would be a disaster for them. Their fans wont have it. He isnt a big enough name for chelsea fans. Poch wasnt big enough so god knows what they will do if mckenna gets appointed 

I have a feeling its either allegri de zerbi or tuchel back.

Surely they wouldn't go jose for a 3rd time?

This is crackers. Poch finally works out a decent settled eleven/squad, results improve greatly and he’s gone? Basket case of a club right now.

Hopefully good or us though if they have another unsettled/transitional season. 

• Like 1

One of my mates he has a few contacts at chelsea says that poch was told he isnt having any input in summer incomings and poch wanted a say on the signings but he was told a firm no.

If true who the hells signing these players?

Â