coda

Posted (edited)

Imagine having Poch and going to McKenna, Maresch (however it’s spelt) or Frank.

There would be uproar on here, be like end of days stuff!

Edited by Tommo_b
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommo_b said:

Imagine having Poch and going to McKenna, Maresch (however it’s spelt) or Frank.

Their would be uproar on here, be like end of days stuff!

It does appear to be a massive step down.

With maresca it feels like a poundland pep

1 hour ago, Tommo_b said:

Their would be uproar on here, be like end of days stuff!

Strikes me of Americans, who don't understand football, hiring manager after manager hoping to stumble upon the next Pep.

Just read that Chelsea is considering rehiring Potter, if they miss out on McKenna. That would take this to a new level of stupidity.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Graham Potter  :D 

Yeah, exactly! They've already tried this approach and now they seemingly want to do it again but with a manager with even less experience, none of which is in the Premier League! These Clearlake guys with their 'disruptive' football strategy are definitely providing a lot of entertainment (so long as you're not a Chelsea fan). 

6 hours ago, viivvaa66 said:

Just read that Chelsea is considering rehiring Potter, if they miss out on McKenna. That would take this to a new level of stupidity.

probably because they're still paying for potter

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mr_Dogg said:

De Zerbi seems the perfect fit for the madhouse.

Thats who i think they will go for.

Would thomas frank be interested in that mad house? He has a good role there at chelsea i think he would be mad to take it

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Thats who i think they will go for.

Would thomas frank be interested in that mad house? He has a good role there at chelsea i think he would be mad to take it

Of course he would take it, he has taken Brentford to the limit and they probably arent going higher. Chelsea is a massive step up and playing in Europe

Not sure he has the tools to go away from his hoofball style

• Like 2

Just now, Zatman said:

Of course he would take it, he has taken Brentford to the limit and they probably arent going higher. Chelsea is a massive step up and playing in Europe

Not sure he has the tools to go away from his hoofball style

He might take it - but he will get other opportunities at clubs that are not run by morons.

Frank would probably get looked at by us, newcastle spurs if manager changes were made in next few years (hopefully in our case emery will be our ferguson, wenger, klopp)

Don't think frank and chelsea is a good fit.

I hope they go for the poundland pep

Probably be Thomas Frank then. He at least has three seasons in prem, kept Brentford up comfortably in each and got some scalps over the top teams (he's won all three games at Stamford Bridge since promotion).

Drawbacks is he's a bit long ball/long throws for many Chelsea fan's liking I imagine. Would certainly need a Toney type in the final third. Be amusing if Chelsea just dump Brighton now and start signing endless Brentford players.

Maresca far too much of a gamble at this stage. Leicester nearly bottled top 2 in the end so could see his style being exposed like Kompany was.

Looks like Maresca then.

Guess they're trying to recreate Arsenal with Arteta but I think that will go wrong.

Might not be the worst move for Leicester either as their best chance of staying up is probably going to be playing more conservatively.

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If they get frank they will 100% be signing toney in the summer 

Don't bet on it. 

Edited by villa89
  • Haha 1

Â