coda

6 minutes ago, Bizzzle said:

I’m so glad we didn’t end up with Potter

I wouldn't blame him to be honest. It's an impossible job. The owner comes in spends a fortune on players potter didn't want or have input into and he's supposed to make a team out them. Their squad is a disjointed mess and that's not potters fault. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I wouldn't blame him to be honest. It's an impossible job. The owner comes in spends a fortune on players potter didn't want or have input into and he's supposed to make a team out them. Their squad is a disjointed mess and that's not potters fault. 

Boehly is a huge problem for Chelsea. He is too hands on and has admitted he doesnt know much about football

Abramovich was hands on too but most of his decisions worked out

On 11/01/2023 at 22:16, S-Platt said:

It's really random takes the place of one of their own players and then goes back.

Loan players are for championship teams or to fill gaps in prem squads to me unless you are looking to buy at the end of the loan.

6 months for what to get a Europa League spot??

Potter might be out his depth but I see it more as interference from above.

It’s all ffp scamming bullshit.

Players amortised over the length of their contract, big clubs doing each other favours.

we should start signing players on 100 year contracts.  That way we can say a £100m player is only costing us £1m per year.  Pay the player a normal wage for the first 5 years then £1000 per week for the remaining 95 years.  Have a contract termination clause to allow us or the player to end it any time after 8 years.

Get 25 of these players and win a bunch of stuff all within FFP rules.

yh, give me Purslow’s job.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I feel a bit for Potter, but then remember that he ditched the project at Brighton and took the massive contract. He’s made his own bed. I really hope Chelsea self-destruct now, a 10th place finish and a sacked manager, players unhappy and leaving, with an FFP charge to follow. 

• Like 1

I think their problems are all in their heads as seen previously with Jose's 2nd stint and conte, then with roman as soon as the sanctions hit and now with the yank, even with tuchel they had that great defence and won the CL and then went to shit unexplainabley

You're talking £50m+ international top quality footballers down tools and playing at about 60-80% rather than running through walls, no one gives a shit there, it's not a managerial fix it's a complete cultural one and without the old boys like Terry and Lampard where the club meant something to them they won't fix it, especially not under the current scattergun policy it'll only get worse

They've papered over cracks for years

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think their problems are all in their heads as seen previously with Jose's 2nd stint and conte, then with roman as soon as the sanctions hit and now with the yank, even with tuchel they had that great defence and won the CL and then went to shit unexplainabley

You're talking £50m+ international top quality footballers down tools and playing at about 60-80% rather than running through walls, no one gives a shit there, it's not a managerial fix it's a complete cultural one and without the old boys like Terry and Lampard where the club meant something to them they won't fix it, especially not under the current scattergun policy it'll only get worse

They've papered over cracks for years

Basically they've become Man Utd.

• Like 1

Chelsea looked worse than Villa on their many off-days - outbreaks of slick play in between bouts of fluffs, bloomers and gaffs,

I felt sorry for the young kid Hall who was at LB and had a bloody awful time all game.

Felix looked the business but was caught offside when he might have had a chance.

He obviously lost his head when he was sent off, more for dangerous play than for the violence of the challenge.

With his suspension Carney should get his chance, even if it is coming off the bench.

Most disappointing was Kai Havertz.

13 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Basically they've become Man Utd.

Yeah pretty much, everbody look at the owners and call for the manager to be sacked while £80m £300k a week players phone it in every week

I said in the Newcastle thread what they've got that other teams don't is as simple as optimism and positivity and it's resulting in players playing out of their skins

There's a stink around Chelsea and utd and the players know it so they can go hiding, Newcastle are the opposite

Edited by villa4europe

5 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

They’ve acted with absolute impunity in the market since the day Roman walked in. They deserve this team full of apathetic mercenaries, because thats what you create by continuously handing out the ridiculous contracts they do. They’ve always spent huge money, they’ve distorted the whole game because of this; but this season in particular, coming close to £400m spent, is just taking the piss now. All to be 10th. 

No club has done more to damage the modern game - countless times they’ve massively inflated the transfer market, hoarded talent on infinite loans and child trafficking, only for the authorities to give them slaps on the wrist. As much as I loathe the clubs owned by the Saudis and the Qataris, Chelsea are a special kind of awfulness. 

Â