London 2012 Olympic Games

maqroll

Folks went to a pub last night which is on the route for the cycling

The pub have been told they are not allowed to serve Pepsi during the cycling , any bottled water they sell HAS to be Evian and if the serve food they can't sell any burgers

£6000 fine if caught

My first inclination is that there isn't a court in this land that would uphold such a fine ... but then again we do live in England so I would expect the courts to hound these people to the ends of the earth and beyond

I recon the publican is having a lend of you there mate!

The more I hear about the opening ceremony: lollipop ladies, hospital beds (NHS?), a mosh pit, livestock. It sounds worryingly shit and has a whiff of the Millennium Dome to it. Only a few billion will be watching. Seb Coe is annoying me increasingly as well.

Opening ceremonies are supposed to be naff, China obviously wasn't though because the Chinese have no ability to laugh at themselves :P

Our one featured clothes lines and giant prawns riding bicycles :lol:

I don't understand why any foreign people/tourists would come to the Olympics in our country.

It's not like the World Cup where you go to support your country.

Surely you would only go if it was in your country?

Um, I think people go because they want to see the events in person, and support their countrymen/women...it IS like the World Cup where you go to support your country. Who else would you support?

Yes but can you really imagine 3,000 Australians travelling to watch their swimming team?

The Olympics doesn't seem like an event that you would travel away to.

WTF you talking about? Of course people travel to watch their countries perform?

The pub have been told they are not allowed to serve Pepsi during the cycling , any bottled water they sell HAS to be Evian and if the serve food they can't sell any burgers

£6000 fine if caught

My first inclination is that there isn't a court in this land that would uphold such a fine ... but then again we do live in England so I would expect the courts to hound these people to the ends of the earth and beyond

Nope we now have 300 "Brand police" aka enforcement officers, specifically for this purpose

£6000 fine if caught

Nope we now have 300 "Brand police" aka enforcement officers, specifically for this purpose

Oh no doubt you can't promote yourself as having some sort of Olympic tie in without actually paying for the privilege but they can't tell a private business what they are allowed to serve their customers. There must be more to it then just being near one of the events.

I don't understand why any foreign people/tourists would come to the Olympics in our country.

It's not like the World Cup where you go to support your country.

Surely you would only go if it was in your country?

Um, I think people go because they want to see the events in person, and support their countrymen/women...it IS like the World Cup where you go to support your country. Who else would you support?

Yes but can you really imagine 3,000 Australians travelling to watch their swimming team?

The Olympics doesn't seem like an event that you would travel away to.

I could imagine 3,000 Aussies traveling to England to stay for 10 days and watch many events....

My mate's missus got two tickets for the mens 200 semi and other stuff - £400 quid EACH.
Bloody hell. If she just wanted to see a man's semi, I'd have obliged for a lot less than that.

My mate's missus got two tickets for the mens 200 semi and other stuff - £400 quid EACH.
Bloody hell. If she just wanted to see a man's semi, I'd have obliged for a lot less than that.

Back o' the net.

RJW really should have said semi-final, and I think in his heart of hearts he knows this.

My tickets for the same event cost 50 quid each. Sounds like they must have great seats!

**** farce already. The roads are screwed.

This is a massive "**** YOU" to those of us that keep this fare city running.

"Walk to work"...? What, with six boxes of cable strapped to my back and a set of ladders balanced on my head? Piss off Boris, we may live in a services industry society, but without my particular services you wouldn't have a city you **** clown.

We could go out of business because of this Stalinist utopia they've built for the faceless corporations and the faceless bigwigs that run them. Just so they can have a jolly old knees up on my taxes while we scratch around trying to survive.

**** your Olympics. Knock yourselves out....

The more I hear about the opening ceremony: lollipop ladies, hospital beds (NHS?), a mosh pit, livestock. It sounds worryingly shit and has a whiff of the Millennium Dome to it. Only a few billion will be watching. Seb Coe is annoying me increasingly as well.

Opening ceremonies are supposed to be naff, China obviously wasn't though because the Chinese have no ability to laugh at themselves :P

Our one featured clothes lines and giant prawns riding bicycles :lol:

They've cut the running time by 30 minutes. :| They haven't cut the number of sheep (70) and cows (3). :)

Isn't there talk of our opening ceremony having an artificial cloud being made or something?

It's lucky we're not trying to compete with the Chinese in all honesty, wasn't there a rumour that they were so focused on everything being perfect that they were worried the flag wouldn't wave in the wind so installed a small pipe to ensure it blew constantly?

"Walk to work"...? What, with six boxes of cable strapped to my back and a set of ladders balanced on my head? Piss off Boris, we may live in a services industry society, but without my particular services you wouldn't have a city you **** clown.

We could go out of business because of this Stalinist utopia they've built for the faceless corporations and the faceless bigwigs that run them. Just so they can have a jolly old knees up on my taxes while we scratch around trying to survive.

I have to say if I lived in London and had been paying even more for the games through my council tax, I'd be inclined to drive in the olympic lane anyway. You've paid for the roads, and you've paid for the games. It's a pisstake.

London is already filling up with tourists. My daily commute in has got steadily worse through the week. I'm just glad I can work from home pretty much whenever I want - I get to watch it all on tv while I'm working and don't have to put up with all the nonsense of travelling in every day.

I'm still firmly in favour of the games (even though I didn't get much in the way of tickets) but do feel for those who are going to be so inconvenienced by it.

Do you recon the tattooist ever considers pointing out a customers mistakes or do they just go along with "the customer is always right"?

surely that would apply to just about everyone that has ever walked into a tattooists shop

Unless you are a Maori , you really shouldn't get a Maori tattoo , etc etc

I have to say if I lived in London and had been paying even more for the games through my council tax, I'd be inclined to drive in the olympic lane anyway. You've paid for the roads, and you've paid for the games. It's a pisstake.

£200 fine mate. If everybody did it perhaps we could, but if you can't organise Londoners then you can't organise anyone.

Â