London 2012 Olympic Games

maqroll

I didn't bother trying for any tickets but I live within walking distance of the Olympic park so I will get to the big fan site and will probably watch the free road events.

The Sydney Olympics was great fun and the Germany World Cup was awesome so I'm hopeing for a bit of that atmosphere.

There are a lot of free concerts and events in the build up as well so it should be a pretty good summer.

I'm stil in the process of being a volunteer - well, actually on secondment from work (civil service).

Nothing in Birmingham, football at Cov in the west mids though. I've got football at Wembley on my birthday (Aug 1st), and if I do get the volunteer thing I think I'll be at Cov, but if I'm not, I might go to some matches there as it's only down the road

Cycling goes through Weybridge apparently so I'll take the kids as it's only a couple of miles from me

will try and get to one of the England footie matches

Wanted to go to womens beach volleyball but for some reason they are like gold dust :shock:

Wife wants to go see the Hungarians win the gold at water polo so will have to see what I can do about tickets for that .. there is a Hungarian web site selling tickets for specific events unlike the UK lottery system ...

Funnily enough it seems a lot LESS interesting for being in Britain.

Will probably watch quite a bit of it on TV like I usually do. Certainly not trying to get tickets for anything.

The Chinese team are based just up the road from me.

some right miserable people on here! come on guys let get some excitment going!

this crap recession lets be positive about something this country is doing. i for one cannot wait it should be remarkable event and probably be once in a lifetime opportunity for us. hopefuloly it will be something to look forward to and help the economy as well

Cycling goes through Weybridge apparently so I'll take the kids as it's only a couple of miles from me

That's the only thing I'm remotely interested in. I'm going to have a look at the route, and then hopefully get a decent spot to watch.

Not going to anything else. Didn't apply for any tickets. Doesn't really float my boat.

I'm ridiculously excited. Not got tickets for anything, but I love the Olympics so really happy they're in London.

Can't wait.

I couldn’t agree more. I love sport and I love the drama that the Olympics always create, whether its a Bob Beamon moment, and Eddie the Eel moment, or a Boris Onishchenko moment (he was the guy who cheated at fencing).

Track and field is all I bother with. And even then, any races over 1,000m can sod off. The rest of it you can keep.

You don’t rate the 1500 metres? Great race.

race walking can sod off; thats stupid (as is rhythmic gymnastics and synchronised swimming...)

Â