London 2012 Olympic Games

maqroll

the opening ceremony:

'Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome. There isn't really a ceremony, everyone will enter the stadium waving flags. We've given £10 million to charities around the world. ok, let the games begin!'

Olympics needs a bit of a re set and that would start it.

I'm really looking forward to the opening ceremony from the official spoilers that I've seen. I'm off work that day and I'm going to make sure I've drunk enough to laugh at the whole debacle, it'll probably be the funniest thing on the box this summer. I can't watch it sober or the monumental waste of money will probably just annoy me, I intent to get full value from it in my own way, then I'll more than likely just ignore the majority of it as most of the sports in it do little for me.

On the whole I think the whole idea behind us getting the games is absolutely flawed, this whole bullshit that it'll be good for the country and that the eyes of the World will be upon us is ludicrous. How many people are there in the world that didn't know that London exists and what the UK has to offer as a tourist destination (the legacy)? Of those that can afford to get here, I reckon there's probably less than ten people

I see humbug isn't just reserved for Christmas and queens jubilees then :-)

My kids had an ex army guy into their school .. He had both his legs blown off in Afghanisttan and is now wheelchair bound .. He carried the torch for a short while and he brought it into their school so they could all touch it and have photos taken with it ... My kids now want to go to the Paralympics and their photo with Ben Parkinson was just one of many high moments the Olympics has / will give them

We are off to Guildford on Friday to see the torch and then I'm taking the boy to the football in Cardiff for his first ever football match ... I've also got tickets for the boxing and will probably see the cycling as it goes through Weybridge

Mrs H is going With the kids to the water polo as Hungary are pretty darn good at that sport so they want to cheer them on and she is also off to the canoeing

I doubt the Olympics will be back here again in my lifetime so I'm going to make the most of it and enjoy it

On the plus side at least with the weather getting better next week the 27th means many Brits can still have something to moan about .. If only that was an Olympic event , we'd romp it

I hope you enjoy seeing a flaming golden cornetto being waddled through the streets being followed by its real purpose... a long procession of sponsors floats. No doubt being followed closely by their new friends the brand police.

As well as archery theres synchronised swimming, shooting, diving, equestrian, fencing, gymnastics, judo, sailing, taekwondo, trampoline, wrestling, weightlifting, table tennis and swimming that are all more boring than basketball, in terms of spectator sports basket ball is probably one one best sports in the games.

It really is choc full of dull sports

I will head over to the road race sat week bringing my Wallabies jersey and dusting off the Aussie flag from the linen drawer :)

The torch is around my neighbourhood on Saturday afternoon as well so I’ll go have a look. My parents still have one of the torches from the Sydney Olympics in their study, I think our one looked better ;)

I hope you enjoy seeing a flaming golden cornetto being waddled through the streets being followed by its real purpose... a long procession of sponsors floats. No doubt being followed closely by their new friends the brand police.

What makes me laugh is that they say how much money will be brought to the country and everyone will benefit. I was speaking to a guy on Friday whos company made the original prototype for the golden cornetto and had to tell them to shove it up their arse as they wouldnt budge on the price as they wanted it for virtually cost!!!

I am with you Bicks as I cant wait to watch it fall on its face as we cant organise anything here, the security is just one thing, look at the traffic chaos caused in London with just the one olympic lane opening. Pissed myself reading the tweets of other countries athletes complaining how it took 4 hours to get 25 miles, we are already a laughing stock. :lol:

Agreat argument was thrown at sport england on Radio 5 this morning when they were sayingthat they were giving X amount to small groups from the "olympic legacy" fund. The interviewer "arnet you just giving them a little bit back from what you have taken from them anyway since you cut all the lottery funding to groups like these to pay for the olympics?" Answer "yes" :lol:

If you take the trouble to find out how it works you will find that weight lifting and high jump is very interesting.
What's to find out? You run and you jump! :suspect:

Its a bit more than that.Without going into too much detail:You decide when you want to start your jump/lift all the other jumpers/lifters are doing the same,if you get it wrong you are out.There is a lot of strategy and mind games involved.

Â