London 2012 Olympic Games

maqroll

As for schools being given free tickets, I’d love to know what schools.

I heard them say on 5 live that they had given 40,000 tickets away but I thought they were referring to Hampden park at that point

For those that don’t know the geography of the City

i'm in town on Weds for the GB game ... have you got the geography on some decent pubs ? :-)

Tony,

The two obvious venues are The Cross and Minski's. Just in case I've read it wrong and your not a transvestite, there's also the Old Arcade and The City Arms. Both a couple of minutes from the stadium. Both serve Brains Black and SA. Both will offer an excellent passers by viewing opportunity if you sit outside.

But there are shed loads.

I'm probs in Kent on Wednesday or I'd have offered to buy a pint.

Cheers for the info

If anything changes and you are in the area then I'd be delighted to share a pint (or two) with you

I was listening on the radio this morning to one spokesperson saying they have got this wrong and will be rolling back the policy to clamp down on small business and focusing on gorilla campaigns from the other big corporations. Would be a step in the right direction if true.

Not really those GUERRILLA marketing campaigns employ people and unless they involve some illegal activity should be left entirely alone. Just because one corporation decides to sponsor the games, doesn't mean other non sponsorship companies cannot use any means at their disposal to legally advertise their products.

Unless I missed it, there wasn't a special law passed in parliament outlawing any rival company to the official sponsors from marketing their own products.

Presumably they would use existing copyright laws.

The Olympics couldn't happen without sponsors cash and those companies wouldn't stump up if they thought they could just tag on to the bandwagon for free. There is a need to protect sponsors from rivals who haven't paid up.

Small local businesses who are not rivals however should be encouraged to get in the spirit and help build the hype etc

Tony won't drink Brains, he's a bit of a larger top man, you can take him to any old pub and he won't care, he'll in all likelihood just analyse the crisp flavours ;-)

what's my T-shirt size got to do with anything :winkold:

Must be due back up your way again sometime soon if you fancy another pub crawl

Tony won't drink Brains, he's a bit of a larger top man, you can take him to any old pub and he won't care, he'll in all likelihood just analyse the crisp flavours ;-)

lager top!

yeah, Minsky's is the place.

Anyone know what macca will be singing tomorrow night?

The gf wants a £20 bet that it'll be drive my car, hey Jude or live and let die "cos they're the only 3 songs he ever bloody sings"

I saw a preview of the warm up and they were dancing to come together but I think that's a Lennon song

I saw a preview of the warm up and they were dancing to come together but I think that's a Lennon song

The court case would suggest it was a Chuck Berry song :winkold:

The gf wants a £20 bet that it'll be drive my car, hey Jude or live and let die "cos they're the only 3 songs he ever bloody sings"

They commented on 5Live about half an hour ago that they'd just heard strains of Hey Jude in the distance at the dress rehearsal, so I guess that is what McCarthorse will be playing #yawntastic Hope he gets eaten by the 300 cannibal sheep

lager top!

yeah, Minsky's is the place.

No I was refering to his shirt size ;-)

what's my T-shirt size got to do with anything :winkold:

Must be due back up your way again sometime soon if you fancy another pub crawl

I'm always up for it, gimme a bit of notice this time If you can though, just so I can book a hangover day ;-)

They commented on 5Live about half an hour ago that they'd just heard strains of Hey Jude in the distance at the dress rehearsal, so I guess that is what McCarthorse will be playing #yawntastic Hope he gets eaten by the 300 cannibal sheep

He should sing Taxman in honour of all the sponsors.

I'm going to try to watch the opening ceremony, but given the cack 'artists' I expect to see play, I doubt I will make it to the end.

In fact, once 'Thumb Aloft' Mcartney comes on, my TV (or at least the sound) will go off.

After hearing McCartney's execrable performance at the Jubilee gig, I dread to think what this will be like. And I'm a fan.

I missed the jubilee concert but he doesn't seem to have much luck at the showcase events does he .. didn't his mic fail at Live Aid

Â