London 2012 Olympic Games

maqroll

Going to the cycling and swimming trials.... Will watch the whole thing on TV and then all the free events.

Its going to be fantastic

Watch out for the Women's 3000 metre pursuit - great chance of a gold medal - coached by local cyclist.

Men's 4000 - got a nasty feeling the Aussies will win this.

I'm ridiculously excited. Not got tickets for anything, but I love the Olympics so really happy they're in London.

Can't wait.

Ditto.

Also have a very horrible fear though that it'll be the target for terrorists.

Track and field is all I bother with. And even then, any races over 1,000m can sod off. The rest of it you can keep.

You don’t rate the 1500 metres? Great race.

As a distance dude, I only really start getting interested above 1500 metres.

Where's the fun in a race that's over in ten seconds?

Track and field is all I bother with. And even then, any races over 1,000m can sod off. The rest of it you can keep.

I kind of agree.

I love the 100m, but only because of the fact it's the pinnacle of hunan speed (drugs debates aside). It's as fast as humans can go, unpowered of course.

But in terms of entertainment, I find 400, 800, 1500m much more exciting

I'll watch the final 400m of any race. But I'll only watch the entirety of a

For a man that likes F1 (and rightly so) I find that slightly odd.

Because I'm more interested in motor racing than I am in long distance track running. It's not an attention-span thing. I'm just not that interested.

I'll watch the final 400m of any race. But I'll only watch the entirety of a <1km race.

For a man that likes F1 (and rightly so) I find that slightly odd.

Because I'm more interested in motor racing than I am in long distance track running. It's not an attention-span thing. I'm just not that interested.

I wasn't really referring to attention span, more the presence of tactics in the longer distance.

Much like F1 vs drag racing for example.

but fair enough

I kind of agree.

I love the 100m, but only because of the fact it's the pinnacle of hunan speed (drugs debates aside). It's as fast as humans can go, unpowered of course.

But in terms of entertainment, I find 400, 800, 1500m much more exciting

And throw in a relay

yes I know it wasn’t the Olympics, but sod it, this is sport and drama at its very best.

if there are any spare tickets for footy in the milennium stadium, i may attempt to watch some there. If not, 100m and the hockey oddy enough for me. and then the statistician in me just finds the medal tables disturbingly fascinating.

if there are any spare tickets for footy in the milennium stadium, i may attempt to watch some there.

There are 1.5 million unsold football tickets because people don't want to buy before the draw in April.

Nothing wrong with the tube ... Well maybe the northern line but the clue was in the name :winkold:

and the drivers have already been paid off not to strike during the olympics

Its far easier to steal tourists wallets if you rub up close to them what with all those thieving cockneys about

Still I'd imagine if red ken was mayor you'd currently be posting about how the London underground is the best in the world :-)

Â