Protesting News

Mendi

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I predict this to be a damp squib. There doesn't seem to be any logic behind the protest nor any idea how this will actually help the team.

Everyone knew this season was going to be difficult having lost our two most creative players and gained a new boss and while things aren't going great that's just football.

If some fans spent as much energy getting behind the team as they do protesting and whinging we'd have a cracking atmosphere for this game.

I predict this to be a damp squib. There doesn't seem to be any logic behind the protest nor any idea how this will actually help the team.

Everyone knew this season was going to be difficult having lost our two most creative players and gained a new boss and while things aren't going great that's just football.

If some fans spent as much energy getting behind the team as they do protesting and whinging we'd have a cracking atmosphere for this game.

Which probably explains in part why our home record is so appalling.

if anyone thinks this team is weaker than mons first season team they are a bit mental.

I must be mental then, Mellberg, Laursen, Bouma, Hughes is a far better back four than we have now. Plus we had Barry the rest is much of a muchness.

Just wondering why you think this team we have now is better?

The people organising this protest are a disgrace in my opinion. They are basing their unrest on McLeish's previous affiliation for SHA and not on any justified footballing reason. When we are good we can beat Chelsea on their own patch so there is reason to be optimistic.

Yes we're currently sitting in a bad position but I think our players and in particular the defence have let him and us down badly. Against Newcastle we really should have been two or three up and if not for Krul that may have been the case.

McLeish has a similar record now as O'Neill did when he arrived those are the facts and he needs time!

Protesters = embarassment as far as I am concerned!

The people organising this protest are a disgrace in my opinion. They are basing their unrest on McLeish's previous affiliation for SHA and not on any justified footballing reason.

I am also against protesting, but when will it sink in that majority of fans are not bothered about his affiliation with SHA, but the fact he is a shit manager who has been relegated twice and is well known for his boring anti football!

If that isnt a justified footballing reason I don't know what is!

anyone who protests needs to look at our goals conceded this seaosn, look how silly most of them are and realise that if we werent making silly sunday league mistakes we would be further up the table. players not manager

Spot on, manager seems to get a lot more blame than players. Once that overpaid sack of shite back four is replaced, the better.

if anyone thinks this team is weaker than mons first season team they are a bit mental.

I must be mental then, Mellberg, Laursen, Bouma, Hughes is a far better back four than we have now. Plus we had Barry the rest is much of a muchness.

Of that list only Mellberg played in most of our games. In fact he was ever present. Laursen spent much of that season injured and only played 12 games. Bouma missed around half the games through injury also. Hughes made around a dozen starts. Ridgewell and an inexperienced Cahill played in half the games that season. Phil Bardsley came in on loan in the second half of the season.

Just wondering why you think this team we have now is better?

Laursen managed just 12 starts in the whole season and just 7 in the period that's being compared.

Also while Mcleish has a striker on the verge of the England squad and one of the best goal scorers in the league, MON had a gabby that had made 3 starts for the first team, a passed it useless angel, Luke moore and baros.

As others have said, MoN didn't have a Pre season and had enough in his past to suggest he would build something better.

Mcleish has more relegations than survivals in this league.

Surely it's not hard to see the difference.

I don't rate McLeish one bit but anyone showing dissent during the 90 minutes when we should be supporting the team, wants shooting in my opinion.

Protesting at this stage is a massive waste of time and will ultimately just end up making us all look petty in the eyes of the media.

However I think if they team are playing shite and conceding sloppy goals then fans have every right to boo them. We pay the money to watch so can vent our frustrations however we feel fit. I'll get behind them and the manager but if they deserve it they will get booed. It's the nature of the beast. They are in the entertainment industry so if they are not entertaining then they deserve everything they get.

The people organising this protest are a disgrace in my opinion. They are basing their unrest on McLeish's previous affiliation for SHA and not on any justified footballing reason. When we are good we can beat Chelsea on their own patch so there is reason to be optimistic.

Yes we're currently sitting in a bad position but I think our players and in particular the defence have let him and us down badly. Against Newcastle we really should have been two or three up and if not for Krul that may have been the case.

McLeish has a similar record now as O'Neill did when he arrived those are the facts and he needs time!

Protesters = embarassment as far as I am concerned!

Firstly I'm not for or against the protest, but I must pull you up on your point about Mcleish's former employers yes I didn't want him because he managed the noses but more importantly is his track record and his dealings in the transfer market throughout his career plus his negative style of football that he has used throughout his managerial career.

The Chelsea game while enjoyable is hardly a pointer to some in good in the team, Chelsea are dour this season.

As for the Newcastle game their two centre mids missing Cabaye and Tiote with them in the team they would've eaten us for breakfast.

I agree with this to. I also like the FACT if we get a point on Sunday AMC will have the same points to games MON did in his first season, with a weaker team in a more competitive league.

i didn't know this stat.

its interesting isn't it.... i wonder if the same people were organising a protest against MON? and if not, why not?

Put simply because people believed in what Martin ONeill could do for AVFC. They do not belive AMc can do anything, simple.

As for AMc having a weaker team, I think your in dream land. Try looking back to what MON had that season.

That's the crux ofthe issue for me, ok we moan and moan and moan and at las McLeish gets the boot, then what? Who would come in that would be a significant improvement? That manager would still have the sme squad of players to pick from and we'd have to endure another period of experimentation while that manager assesses the squad. That manager would still need to deal within the constraints of reducing the wage bill.

So the question really is if we sack him...what then?

Something I believe is massively overlooked by the people desperate to see him out the club. That or just sweeping it under the carpet.

It's throwing your paper work all over the office floor at 5pm on Friday, only having to pick it up again Monday morning.

I have lost count of how many times that, plus the other silly questions posed by the "get behind him" advocaters has been answered. Too many to even count.

You keep going round in ever decreasing circles. He is a poor manager, not good enough for this club. Stop finding snippets to hang your hat on. The sooner he goes, the better.

I personally chose not to attend VP and I think that would be more acceptable as a form of protest. That said, if people choose to speak out, then so be it. We live in a democracy which includes the right to free speech. Just because some sheep choose to hide in the shadows, dont knock those who choose to speak out.

Genuine questions to the people okay with protests and those who are not.

Do you think Lerner takes the fans happiness into consideration?

Do you think Lerner's or McLeish's expectations of team performance and league position change with fans happiness?

Personally, I don't think it makes a blind bit of difference.

As for the Newcastle game their two centre mids missing Cabaye and Tiote with them in the team they would've eaten us for breakfast.

Like they did in the 1-1 draw at Villa Park?

The team that destroyed Utd pre ANC with the additional Cisse is a completely different proposition than the one that came to Villa Park.

Â