Protesting News

Mendi

I understand the protests...quality wise the football has been championship standard at best never mind the shocking results.

I would pay a tenner to go and watch a Swansea training session and then a Villa training session and take details of all the variations and similarities...it might give us an indication as to whats going on.

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me what we are witnessing is part n parcel of the game. Every club has bad spells. Every club makes decisions that dont sit with the fans. Football is a game where unfortunately there will always be teams worse off than others results wise, otherwise a league would be pointless. I see no evidence in the last 120 years that suggests that we should be immune from what is currently happening.

Now thats not me accepting it, I am as frustrated as the next man but imo, we have absolutely no right to start demanding changes at the club. No one is being brutally murdered, Villa Park is not a centre of mass genicide. We are a football team for god sake, and it just so happens that through one reason or another (all legal and from what i can see morally correct), we are a football team struggling to win football matches.

get a grip.

I tend to agree with this and the fact is its only the last year its started to go a bit pear shape and even then its nowhere as bad as we've had it before.

Average team slips a few places and we protest its all a bit modern fan.

Support the team, stop berating the players every five seconds, have a drink and chill out.

I actually cant believe what im reading on here.

The manager is disliked, he doesn't have a clue, hes got us down the table with terrible results and the games I have sat through this year have been awful to watch. Liverpool stands out, it was one of the worst performances Iv ever seen.

The team we have is quality, its capable of top 7 easy under the right management. We have a better team on paper than Newcastle do, I dont care what anyone says I will stick by that.

The perfomances have meant the fans aren't turning up, home games are dull and there is no atmosphere at all anymore, nothing.

What else can fans do but protest in this fashion? I dont get why people were moaning about Blackburn fans either, I thought they were bang on, they want a manager that knows what they are doing and so do we.

The mistake was made by appointing McLeish, did the fans get behind him at first? I think we did, but we all knew where this was going. Lack of goals, lack of wins and lack of entertainment.

A protest cant make things any worse, so go for it.

In all honesty i find it all abit laughable, so typical of modern day football fans, things aren't going how they want so they kick up a stink. I also think it's massively more damaging than the mismanagement of the likes of McLeish or Lerner.

one thing i hate about football now, from what i see its mainly a British thing at moment, nto that big on continent

In all honesty i find it all abit laughable, so typical of modern day football fans, things aren't going how they want so they kick up a stink. I also think it's massively more damaging than the mismanagement of the likes of McLeish or Lerner.

This and only this

A protest cant make things any worse, so go for it.

Oh yes it can.

it's pathetic, unwarranted, and will make us look like pricks.

It does not aid the team, the manager or the owners.

McLeish is going nowhere, and I hope he gets the backing he needs in the summer to complete his rebuilding.

I've long thought that if fans are serious about making a protest then trying to organise a boycott of a game is the absolute worst way to go about it. There will always be fans who despite perhaps agreeing with the protest won't miss a game, there are people who have paid for tickets or ST's and will want to go. Asking people to not attend a game is asking a lot.

If fans really want to protest against the owners of a club they should do so in a way that doesn't impact upon the team or their enjoyment or potential enjoyment of watching them play.

They could boycott the programmes, the refreshments, merchandise such things while less visible than empty seats would get the message over just as clear to those in control. They would likely be a damn sight more widely supported than a match boycott.

If fans carried on attending games but stopped all associate spending on mass then that would be an effective protest.

Not saying people should protest just that the way people go about it is usually pretty daft.

This for me. By not spending whilst in the ground then it gets a message across to the board without the players being affected by it.

but youve paid to go in! :|

Can understand why fans want to show their anger toward the way things are going, they pay their hard earned cash week in week out after all. I do however feel it will fall on deaf ears. The club is nothing without fans (happy or angry). I think the boycott for a game would be the best way of proetesting, as this would hit the club where it hurts, in the back pocket.

Unfortunatley you will never get everyone to agree that its a good idea and some fans will happily go to games whatever the result, whatever the style of football, whatever league we are in.

Personally I have not been to Villa park at all this season (and this doesnt make me less of a fan than anyone before you start), but I didnt agree with the Mcleish oppointment when it happened and still dont now, I said I would not watch the dire football that would be served up and would not be prepared to pay my hard earned cash to fund the clubs mistake (all my opinion of course), and will stand to that until the ginger one is gone and the club show some sort of ambition again or at least come out and be honest that they are just trying to sustain being in the league.

Believe it our not I would actually have respect for Learner if he made a statement to the fans stating that he had invested heavily into the club trying to push for the top 4, the plan did not work and for now, its all about getting the financial state of the club to a state of repair and we will see where we can go from there. However he has never mentioned anything like this and when in the rare occurance he does talk to the press he still makes out like we can push on with a challenge and his best interests are of the club and fans. Something I believe is absolute bollocks and believe this only infuriates fans even more because they can actually see what is happening with the club (its not rocket science) and he couldnt give an absolute toss at the moment.

I know that may be a bit strange to hear, but I would at least accept him as being honest and our priorities have had to change some-what, but all he is doing at the moment is expecteing fans to believe the false pretences and PR bullshit spouted from their mouths.

Sorry, rant over...

I have to disagree with a few people on here and say that the only way to protest is to shout, scream and holla loud and clear at the game exactly what it is you want. People will never agree to boycott a game, they have season tickets that they paid for.

You can still support them team, but shout for the things we would like to see in place etc. Just my opinion of course but the press won't pick up on the fact that you are not buying balti pies or programmes. They will only report what they see, hear and read. I appreciate that many wouldn't want the players to feel unsupported but that way some of them are playing, they probably deserve it.

Â