Protesting News

Mendi

It most be the most unwatchable football i have watched in a long time with him in charge

its really not though. it's not anything close to unwatchable at all a lot of the time. we fall apart due to individual errors time after time, and still panic and hoof the ball, just like we did under houllier and mcleish, but we're starting to have more and more spells where we have the ball down and are playing decent football

Nail on head IMHO!!

Why are we protesting then... because of negative football?..... Erm well actually NO

Poor results..... but then again improving away from home.

Or because we just don't like McLeish because he came from SHA?

Wait a minute...I thought Villa fans have been telling everyone THAT isn't the reason fans don't like him ......it's the negative football....OH!!!.... round and round we go again...

I'll judge him at the end of the season and actually probably after a summer clear out of the players that are hiding behind McLeish's unpopularity with the fans. So maybe this time next year he will have had a fair crack of the whip.

YES it is people's democratic right to protest - but then again AVFC is not a political party - THIS is a football team and ALL the protests do is cause more negative vibes for the press to latch onto.

This, like your post Julie.

I agree with this to. I also like the FACT is we get a point on Sunday AMC will have the same points to games MON did in his first season, with a weaker team in a more competitive league.

MON had Mellberg, Laursen, Bouma, Barry, Petrov, Baros and Angel as well as Sorenson, Gabby and Steven Davis who had just won fans and players palyer of the year? He then signed Young and Carew in Jan so really it shows AMC isnt doing that bad a job

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its hardly suprising it has come to this. We all knew this day would come it was just a matter of time and im surprised it has taken this long. this will be the last time we hire a manager from Birmingham City. he was always going to be on a hiding to nothing. it was the worst appointment lerner could have made and now we are paying the price. the majority of fans hate and will always hate him no matter what he does. this has created a negative atmosphere at villa park and it has now filtered to the players. lerner needs to take a lot of blame for this but mcleish hasn't helped himself with only 6 wins and some of the worst football ever to be seen at villa park. I want home out with immediate effect, a lucky half at wolves, one good half against qpr and a decent half at newcastle does not constitute a turn around.

I'm not really sure what the protest is focussing on to be honest.

If it's league position... well 13th isn't great but it's certainly not that bad that we need to protest. Sure if Utd were 13th at this point there'd be a case to answer but when have we ever been able to demand a top 6 finish? Protest against McLeish?

If it's finances.... We're not (as far as I can tell) about to go bankrupt, all cost saving measures are being implemented internally to our own timelines, therefore any protest againt the Board is likely to fall on death ears. Protest against Lerner?

If it's anti-football (whatever that may be)... IMO there's been a real improvement since the Spurs farce, we're still a bit on the negative side with a lot of passes going backward but at least we seem to be trying to keep possession more. Seems odd to protest about something that appears to be improving. Protest against McLeish?

If it's about a lack of direction or as the Vital Villa quote states against McLeish's ability to take us forward... Well forward to where is the first question. Back to top 6? It's not unachieveable under AMc provided he's got the transfer fees and the wage budget required to build a suitable squad. But is this a protest about the manager or the leadership of the man who appointed the manager? Portest against McLeish and/or Lerner.

Seems to me that the fan base is not really united on a particular theme for any protest, other than generally being disatisified with their lot as Villa fans. The main reason for this is probably none of the areas mentioned have got that bad that the fans wil unite in a single voice to protest.

Any protest that happens at this stage will therefore most probably be half hearted and meaningless, and has the potential to do more harm to the club than good.

Oh no wait...... McLeish out Grrrrrrrrr!

I think protesting will be pointless as in the Ellis years and with the cameras there make us a laughing stock. I'm going to put £5 on Mcleish for the England job it only takes a small amount of money to change the odds so put a £1 on and if enough people do it he will be one of the favourites before long....i know he will never get it but thats the point. Sky will have to mention him time and again over the next few weeks and this would send more of a message than a couple of hundred people and a banner. Mcleish for England?? Stranger things have happened!!!!!!!!!!

I think when people are talking about us playing better football they are thinking about the 2nd half against wolves and qpr because on the whole it's been boring shit.

6 wins all season and people are still jumping to his defence. He's been relegated in the prem more times than he's survived and people are still jumping to his defence.

I think the protest is pointless because Lerner doesn't give a **** about what we think. However fair play to those prepared to voice their concerns.

Quite dissapointing so many seem happy to accept the mediocrity that Lerner is serving up. Thank god for that tattoo.

I'm not really sure what the protest is focussing on to be honest.

If it's league position... well 13th isn't great but it's certainly not that bad that we need to protest. Sure if Utd were 13th at this point there'd be a case to answer but when have we ever been able to demand a top 6 finish? Protest against McLeish?

If it's finances.... We're not (as far as I can tell) about to go bankrupt, all cost saving measures are being implemented internally to our own timelines, therefore any protest againt the Board is likely to fall on death ears. Protest against Lerner?

If it's anti-football (whatever that may be)... IMO there's been a real improvement since the Spurs farce, we're still a bit on the negative side with a lot of passes going backward but at least we seem to be trying to keep possession more. Seems odd to protest about something that appears to be improving. Protest against McLeish?

If it's about a lack of direction or as the Vital Villa quote states against McLeish's ability to take us forward... Well forward to where is the first question. Back to top 6? It's not unachieveable under AMc provided he's got the transfer fees and the wage budget required to build a suitable squad. But is this a protest about the manager or the leadership of the man who appointed the manager? Portest against McLeish and/or Lerner.

Seems to me that the fan base is not really united on a particular theme for any protest, other than generally being disatisified with their lot as Villa fans. The main reason for this is probably none of the areas mentioned have got that bad that the fans wil unite in a single voice to protest.

Any protest that happens at this stage will therefore most probably be half hearted and meaningless, and has the potential to do more harm to the club than good.

Oh no wait...... McLeish out Grrrrrrrrr!

I pretty much agree with this - None of the above is that bad that it merits a protest.If I had to choose something to protest against it would have to be RL and his inability to put the necessary personel in place to control MON' reckless spending that got us in this mess.

I never wanted AM and I have to say that the football pre Christmas was some of the most depressing I have ever witnessed at VP. However I also recognise that the squad isn't that great and AM should at least be given the time to change things his way before the witch hunt start

"Three years of excuses and it's still crap...ta-ra Fergie." was displayed at Old Trafford, and many journalists and supporters called for Ferguson to be sacked.[45][46] Ferguson later described December 1989 as "the darkest period [he had] ever suffered in the game", as United ended the decade just outside the relegation zone

It even took arguably the greatest manager the ever 4 years before he won his first trophy and it was 3 years before the rumblings of discontent was heard at Old Trafford.

We are looking to do it after just 5 months.

Very Impressive

"Three years of excuses and it's still crap...ta-ra Fergie." was displayed at Old Trafford, and many journalists and supporters called for Ferguson to be sacked.[45][46] Ferguson later described December 1989 as "the darkest period [he had] ever suffered in the game", as United ended the decade just outside the relegation zone

It even took arguably the greatest manager the ever 4 years before he won his first trophy and it was 3 years before the rumblings of discontent was heard at Old Trafford.

Very Impressive

A bit OTT drama queen. Fergie, at least came with a decent reputation, and to a club with the capability t obuild.

we now have a manager with proven record of relegation on top of manging to get Rangers 3rd in the SPL. 3rd In a 2 horse race, is impressive i suppose. And our club appears have stopped investing in the playing side.

You can see why some fans feel it is a recipe for disaster.

I'm not going to waste my time protesting to be honest. I do want AM out, yet I can't see it happening. Plus protesting is just a waste of time. This was clearly shown when people were protesting before we got AM. We still ended up with him...

On another note, comparing him to Ferguson is laughable. AM has relegated a team from the PL twice and done an average job at Rangers. Even when comparing early careers it is clead to see that AM is miles behind Ferguson and always will be.

OK, I have a simple question.

A protest works I suppose if you get exactly what you want changed, well changed.

So let's pretend half way thorough the protest someone comes out the Villa and says "You know what, you are all right and we are wrong"

What would happen ? What would the demands be ?

(I am neither a rabid dog for or against the protests but like any protests or hostage situation there are always demands as a rule)

I think all twenty of them are going to look pretty silly.

and it will probably be the same twenty people that were dancing, sorry protesting, on the Holte End steps when Mcleish was first appointed!

there was more than twenty of us

there is a banner on the holte end that says HOLTE END THE 12TH MAN, if this protest takes place then who are we going to be the 12th man for? if you must protest leave it outside and lets GET BEHIND THE TEAM. come on you villa boys

Very Impressive

A bit OTT drama queen. Fergie, at least came with a decent reputation, and to a club with the capability t obuild.

we now have a manager with proven record of relegation on top of manging to get Rangers 3rd in the SPL. 3rd In a 2 horse race, is impressive i suppose. And our club appears have stopped investing in the playing side.

You can see why some fans feel it is a recipe for disaster.

He also comes with a record of winning trophies in Scotland as well as achieving the impossible down the road. Whilst I accept that is relegation record is terrible it seems to me that everybody conveniently dismisses his 'achievements'

We can all see that our club 'appears to have stopped investing in the playing side' so this gives him little choice but to work with what he has for the time being.

My comparison with Fergie may be a little dramatic but it was merely used to demonstrate that even he, coming with his record and to a club with the 'capability to build' coudn't turn things around over night and to protest against a manager who is 5 months into his tenure is totally ridiculous.

I remember seeing an Italian hooligan documentary about Lazio fans protesting about past performances. The aim was not to celebrate any goals during the game against their rivals roma. They ended up winning something like 6-1 and on the 6th goal some of the support began celebrating. To which the hardcore Lazio fans started rioting against themselves for celebrating.

Epic documentary.

Occupy Villa Park!!!!!!!!!!

I'm game for that! I'm planning a sit/stand-in for around 2 hours from 15:55 on Sunday. I even have a seat in mind! I'll be making a right racket but reserve the right to quieten down between 16:48 and 17:03.

:flag:

I think all twenty of them are going to look pretty silly.

and it will probably be the same twenty people that were dancing, sorry protesting, on the Holte End steps when Mcleish was first appointed!

there was more than twenty of us

And look at what good that did.

Â