Protesting News

Mendi

I hope it does happen. Embarrassing yes, but look at us already we have become a bit of a joke......unlike some on here I'd be happy for us look like clowns for a bit if it gets the desired result because watching this football for the majority of the time is painful. Also to be honest who cares what other people think, for one I only care about Aston Villa and two, this will have been forgotten when the next media story comes out. Today's news s tomorrow's rubbish and all that.

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Original post in error

Thing is though, we're not actually playing badly at the moment and haven't done since the Swansea game so to protest now would make anyone doing so look **** stupid.

what post should have said

Thing is though, we're playing badly at the moment and have done since the Season started so to protest now would make anyone doing so look like they know what they're on about.

How anyone can think we are playing well at the moment is beyond me.

How many exciting games have you seen us play this season?

.....count them on one hand.

What an embarrassing waste of time this is going to turn out to be, I hope this doesn't happen.

Totally agreed. It'll be like Blackburn fans all over again, cringeworthy :oops:

What's the answer then?

Put up with the utter crap we re being fed?

As fans there are really only two options.

1, vote with your feet and don't attend

2, make your feelings known by protesting

Of course, as we live in a democracy you can always accept it, him and his mediocrity and dross football.

Me personally I don't think he is the person to take this club forward. And that's not because of where he has come from but for his " proven" track record.

Original post in error

Thing is though, we're not actually playing badly at the moment and haven't done since the Swansea game so to protest now would make anyone doing so look **** stupid.

Thing is though, we're playing badly at the moment and have done since the Season started so to protest now would make anyone doing so look like they know what they're on about.

Well I personally have been to the Wolves, QPR, and Newcastle matches lately and left very satisfied with the football I have seen played bar a few defensive lapses which have cost us. You people who want to protest now are mad. What do you think some manager is going to come in and throw some pixy dust all over players like Stephen Warnock and magically turn around all of our problems in an instant. Get a grip, all your doing is making yourselves look like idiots, and if you get any media attention on Sunday it will be hilarious because there will probably be about 10 of you and the rest of us can single you all out and have a good laugh at your expense.

It's been a poor season but it seems odd to me that a protest looks like being held on the back of three or four encouraging, improved performances.
What's with people saying recent performances have been encouraging? How exactly have they been encouraging?

Shay Given was on talksport this morning and was asked about this, his response was that it was the players that it should be aimed at, he said that the players need to show they are good enough to where the shirt and that he was 100% behind AM. Maybe the fans that are going to protest should think again.

Original post in error

Well I personally have been to the Wolves, QPR, and Newcastle matches lately and left very satisfied with the football I have seen played bar a few defensive lapses which have cost us. You people who want to protest now are mad. What do you think some manager is going to come in and throw some pixy dust all over players like Stephen Warnock and magically turn around all of our problems in an instant. Get a grip, all your doing is making yourselves look like idiots, and if you get any media attention on Sunday it will be hilarious because there will probably be about 10 of you and the rest of us can single you all out and have a good laugh at your expense.

Hand = 5 didgets

Wolves, QPR, Newcastle = 3 games

Wolves, the differece was Robbie Keane. QPR home match we did not win. Newcastle lost again!!!

Get a grip, wake up and smell the coffee

Or as I've said accept rubbish.

Look at his track record......Kermit the frog could get Rangers to finish 3rd and get 2 relegations.......inspirational

I can see it being such a pathetic turnout that the media will realise it's just a small minority of misguided people and it'll be a non story.
Their intentions are sound, I'm just not sure they're going about things the right way. It's not like a protest is going to change anything anyway.

Original post in error

I'm in agreement with this. Since the turn of the year I think we've played some excellent football in some very entertaining games. It's our diabolical defence that has continually let us down. This "hoof football" that a lot of our fans say we only play is irritating to say the least. It's so cliched, and so untrue.

Don't do it people, it's not the time for this. If we play crap and do not pick up points against Wigan/Blackburn/Fulham/Bolton then break AMC's freaking door down at BMH and protest there. Doing it before a game against an inform Man City is not the way to do it. Get behind the lads. Saying doing it before the game wont effect the players but it will, players will still see and know what's going on and will cause them to have it on their mind during the game breaking an already fragile confidence. I hate what AVFC have become of late but this is not all down to AMC. I don't think he is the right manager for the job but protesting now is stupid IMO. Wait and see how the next few games pan out, then protest as we will have valid grounds to and will carry more clout.

Going to celebrate my 50th anniversary of attending my first Villa game on Sunday - started at the Villa v Charlton Feb 14th 1962! Here's hoping for a win. We got one then and I hope 50 years on we win again!

Forget the protests - get behind the team 110% NO BOOING no matter what mistake is made or by whom - during the game back the team (each one equally) to the hilt. Let them know and see the true Villa fan - the fan that through the shit times pulls the team out of the mire! Make Villa Park a cauldron of sound and a place where the opposition fear to come. I will be shouting loud and clear in support of each and every player - good or bad!

-----

Villa till I die and not Villa as long as they are wining / entertaining / spending tons of dosh! oh! and have a manager I like!

It's been a poor season but it seems odd to me that a protest looks like being held on the back of three or four encouraging, improved performances.
What's with people saying recent performances have been encouraging? How exactly have they been encouraging?

If you can't figure that out for yourself there's little hope for you I'm afraid. Producing a textbook away performance for 45 minutes away at a top team, playing excellent stuff for an hour against QPR when on another day we would have scored 5 goals, and deserving a point at Newcastle were all, in parts, very encouraging. Unfortunately ridiculous individual mistakes at the back continue to be our undoing.

If a protest was planned after not scoring for 4 games in a row and not resembling anything close to a football team it would be more understandable.

If you can't figure that out for yourself there's little hope for you I'm afraid. Producing a textbook away performance for 45 minutes away at a top team, playing excellent stuff for an hour against QPR when on another day we would have scored 5 goals, and deserving a point at Newcastle were all, in parts, very encouraging. Unfortunately ridiculous individual mistakes at the back continue to be our undoing.

If a protest was planned after not scoring for 4 games in a row and not resembling anything close to a football team it would be more understandable.

Arsenal - Excellent first half but a gutless and diabolical second half where we threw it all away.

QPR - Like Arsenal, but the halves were reversed. Yes we should've won but we shouldn't have even gone 2-0 down in the first place.

Newcastle - Decent first half performance, very poor second half performance. Ended up losing.

I'm not normally one to play the expectations card but I think people's expectations have gotten so low under McLeish that anything that's not a gutless defeat where we barely struggle to have a shot on target is seen as a good performance.

Arsenal - Excellent first half but a gutless and diabolical second half where we threw it all away.

QPR - Like Arsenal, but the halves were reversed. Yes we should've won but we shouldn't have even gone 2-0 down in the first place.

Newcastle - Decent first half performance, very poor second half performance. Ended up losing.

I'm not normally one to play the expectations card but I think people's expectations have gotten so low under McLeish that anything that's not a gutless defeat where we barely struggle to have a shot on target is seen as a good performance.

There may be an element of truth in that, but I think my original point stands. The timing of this protest is nonsensical.

Don't do it people, it's not the time for this. If we play crap and do not pick up points against Wigan/Blackburn/Fulham/Bolton then break AMC's freaking door down at BMH and protest there. Doing it before a game against an inform Man City is not the way to do it. Get behind the lads. Saying doing it before the game wont effect the players but it will, players will still see and know what's going on and will cause them to have it on their mind during the game breaking an already fragile confidence. I hate what AVFC have become of late but this is not all down to AMC. I don't think he is the right manager for the job but protesting now is stupid IMO. Wait and see how the next few games pan out, then protest as we will have valid grounds to and will carry more clout.

Agreed.

I do not rate McLeish and would prefer him not here and there may well be a time in future to protest about it but agree the timing of this protest is wrong and not needed.

Â