Protesting News

Mendi

Occupy Villa Park!!!!!!!!!!

I'm game for that! I'm planning a sit/stand-in for around 2 hours from 15:55 on Sunday. I even have a seat in mind! I'll be making a right racket but reserve the right to quieten down between 16:48 and 17:03.

:flag:

If you are in the Holte End, don't forget to boo the moment that Hutton touches the ball for the first time...

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are in the Holte End, don't forget to boo the moment that Hutton touches the ball for the first time...

Would that be the same Alan Hutton who actually the last few games has started to play rather well with at least one assist?

Yep............ thought so!

Would that be the same Alan Hutton who actually the last few games has started to play rather well with at least one assist?

Yep............ thought so!

If you think Hutton is anywhere near 'playing quite well' you need help.

He can't control a ball for toffee, against QPR it was laughable, this then leads to these stupid lunges which injure people and cost our team (he is lucky not to have been sent off 3 times this season) and to top it all off his positional sense is terrible.

I back the protests 100%. Why wait until it gets worse? Better to protest and try to do something now in The Prem than when he's dragged us into the Championship and it's too late.

On the protests, I hope they are aimed at the board as well. Lerner and Faulkner need to do one as well.

anyone who protest's should not be allowed to enter the stadium, simple as

anyone who protests during the match should simply be kicked out.

(or maybe made to sit in the middle of the away fans 8) )

i have no problem with people protesting before and after the match though.

I agree with this to. I also like the FACT if we get a point on Sunday AMC will have the same points to games MON did in his first season, with a weaker team in a more competitive league.

i didn't know this stat.

its interesting isn't it.... i wonder if the same people were organising a protest against MON? and if not, why not?

If you pay your money to attend a game then you are rightly justified to voice your opinion (within means) of how you feel.

If that was to boo for 90 minutes or to protest then so be it. You can't 'kick' people out for that.

If you pay your money to attend a game then you are rightly justified to voice your opinion (within means) of how you feel.

If that was to boo for 90 minutes or to protest then so be it. You can't 'kick' people out for that.

Well, it says on the ticket that if you're at the Holte, for example, you sit in the home section and if you're supporting the away team you have to respect the home fans and not cheer the other team cause then you'll be thrown out. Guess they can claim booing the home team could be seen as being an away fan and therefor kick you out the ground...

We have a saying in my line of work 'Dont give me problems give me solutions' meaning dont just moan that something isn't working present with an alternative to consider.

Turning up on sunday and protesting without really knowing what we want is akin to a spoilt child moaning for the sake of moaning. That's the real issue here either we dont know what we want or we dont know if what we want is even possible.

And that's the reason those who look at things with more perspective wont get behind a protest at this point. Obviously if things get a lot worse than more people will support a protest.

So let me get this straight

We are going into a game against the League leaders desperately needing at least a draw, with a dismal home record behind us & needing everything possible behind the team to have any chance of getting a result......

.......... So we are going to protest at the game?!

You really couldn't make it up :x

We have a saying in my line of work 'Dont give me problems give me solutions'

Sorry but when reading that all I could think was:

250px-David_Brent_111.jpg

Agree with what you were saying by the way.

Also when people keep bring up MONs record I think what they have to consider is that, at the time, we could probably have afforded a bad start as we knew it would turn around and that investment in the squad was forthcoming. At present we are falling way behind the teams around us as they become stronger we're losing ground in the league. We know that money will not be as forthcoming as it was in Learners early days so the results McLeish is getting are having a much bigger effect then the MON ones.

As far as a solution goes. I'm in the don't have a clue camp. Sack the manager and we're back to square one, even dropping underperforming players will cause disharmony and you need a settled team.

From Talkshite:

Shay Given has urged Aston Villa fans not to protest against Alex McLeish - insisting the players are to blame for the team's below-par performances.

Fans are set to voice their dismay at the Scottish boss ahead of the Villans’ match with Manchester City on Sunday.

Sections of the Villa Park support have never been behind the 53-year-old after his summer switch from arch-rivals Birmingham.

“People have to realise that Alex McLeish is a great manager and is passionate about doing well for Aston Villa.”

But Republic of Ireland shot-stopper Given claims the players must take more of a responsibility for the club’s disappointing season.

“Protesting does not help the club or the players,” Given told the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast. “People have to realise that Alex McLeish is a great manager and is passionate about doing well for Aston Villa.

“It’s always easy to blame the manager but players have to stand up and be counted, look themselves in the mirror and put in good performances.

“Maybe some of them are feeling the pressure when playing at home but you’ve got step up, it’s a big club.

“You’ve got to take that pressure on your shoulders and want to play for the club and show the fans that you’re good enough to play in that shirt.

“It’s too easy to blame the manager, he doesn’t cross the white line and as players we have to take responsibility.”

Bolded bit still get's on my nerves. Media are always quick to make this the reason our fans are unhappy. Was the same with Bruce at Sunderland.

Good words from Given, nevertheless. I tend to trust the players more than the fans. Of course it'd be unlikely that he'd criticise the manager publicly, but then again, he could've just shut up if he didn't mean what he said here.

As far as a solution goes. I'm in the don't have a clue camp. Sack the manager and we're back to square one, even dropping underperforming players will cause disharmony and you need a settled team.

That's the crux ofthe issue for me, ok we moan and moan and moan and at las McLeish gets the boot, then what? Who would come in that would be a significant improvement? That manager would still have the sme squad of players to pick from and we'd have to endure another period of experimentation while that manager assesses the squad. That manager would still need to deal within the constraints of reducing the wage bill.

So the question really is if we sack him...what then?

That's the crux ofthe issue for me, ok we moan and moan and moan and at las McLeish gets the boot, then what? Who would come in that would be a significant improvement? That manager would still have the sme squad of players to pick from and we'd have to endure another period of experimentation while that manager assesses the squad. That manager would still need to deal within the constraints of reducing the wage bill.

So the question really is if we sack him...what then?

Something I believe is massively overlooked by the people desperate to see him out the club. That or just sweeping it under the carpet.

It's throwing your paper work all over the office floor at 5pm on Friday, only having to pick it up again Monday morning.

Turning up on sunday and protesting without really knowing what we want is akin to a spoilt child moaning for the sake of moaning. That's the real issue here either we dont know what we want or we dont know if what we want is even possible.
In other words this protest is akin to

"What do we want?"

"We don't know"

"When do we want it?"

"Now!"

/\ I'm also presuming there will be enough people at the protest to do both voices in that exchange. Would be embarrassing if the same guy had to do the two.

Â