Protesting News

Mendi

Don't do it people, it's not the time for this. If we play crap and do not pick up points against Wigan/Blackburn/Fulham/Bolton then break AMC's freaking door down at BMH and protest there. Doing it before a game against an inform Man City is not the way to do it. Get behind the lads. Saying doing it before the game wont effect the players but it will, players will still see and know what's going on and will cause them to have it on their mind during the game breaking an already fragile confidence. I hate what AVFC have become of late but this is not all down to AMC. I don't think he is the right manager for the job but protesting now is stupid IMO. Wait and see how the next few games pan out, then protest as we will have valid grounds to and will carry more clout.

Agreed.

I do not rate McLeish and would prefer him not here and there may well be a time in future to protest about it but agree the timing of this protest is wrong and not needed.

but it's always waiting isn't, no time is good. First it was give him the first 7 games, then let's see by Christmas, then end of Jan, now following those games you mention, some people say end of end season, some even say end of next season when he's had a full season.

I have seen nothing in the time he has been here to warrant any more time. The fact is he isn't good enough......one or two good results or great performances will happen because laws of nature means it has to, but then we'll have some diabolical performances and most will be less than average at best. My opinion is not based on one game, it's over his duration and he simply isn't good enough over the average of the season......he has to go. No time is good so why not now? Let's think of the long term now, and get somebody else in

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been a poor season but it seems odd to me that a protest looks like being held on the back of three or four encouraging, improved performances.
What's with people saying recent performances have been encouraging? How exactly have they been encouraging?

If you can't figure that out for yourself there's little hope for you I'm afraid. Producing a textbook away performance for 45 minutes away at a top team, playing excellent stuff for an hour against QPR when on another day we would have scored 5 goals, and deserving a point at Newcastle were all, in parts, very encouraging. Unfortunately ridiculous individual mistakes at the back continue to be our undoing.

If a protest was planned after not scoring for 4 games in a row and not resembling anything close to a football team it would be more understandable.

Arsenal - Excellent first half but a gutless and diabolical second half where we threw it all away.

QPR - Like Arsenal, but the halves were reversed. Yes we should've won but we shouldn't have even gone 2-0 down in the first place.

Newcastle - Decent first half performance, very poor second half performance. Ended up losing.

I'm not normally one to play the expectations card but I think people's expectations have gotten so low under McLeish that anything that's not a gutless defeat where we barely struggle to have a shot on target is seen as a good performance.

There may be an element of truth in that, but I think my original point stands. The timing of this protest is nonsensical.

This is the first time in a while that I've seen two people have a discussion on here relating to McLeish which hasn't involved at least one of the parties involved using gross hyperbole. Reasoned discussion on VT! Well played sirs.

Don't do it people, it's not the time for this. If we play crap and do not pick up points against Wigan/Blackburn/Fulham/Bolton then break AMC's freaking door down at BMH and protest there. Doing it before a game against an inform Man City is not the way to do it. Get behind the lads. Saying doing it before the game wont effect the players but it will, players will still see and know what's going on and will cause them to have it on their mind during the game breaking an already fragile confidence. I hate what AVFC have become of late but this is not all down to AMC. I don't think he is the right manager for the job but protesting now is stupid IMO. Wait and see how the next few games pan out, then protest as we will have valid grounds to and will carry more clout.

Agreed.

I do not rate McLeish and would prefer him not here and there may well be a time in future to protest about it but agree the timing of this protest is wrong and not needed.

but it's always waiting isn't, no time is good. First it was give him the first 7 games, then let's see by Christmas, then end of Jan, now following those games you mention, some people say end of end season, some even say end of next season when he's had a full season.

I have seen nothing in the time he has been here to warrant any more time. The fact is he isn't good enough......one or two good results or great performances will happen because laws of nature means it has to, but then we'll have some diabolical performances and most will be less than average at best. My opinion is not based on one game, it's over his duration and he simply isn't good enough over the average of the season......he has to go. No time is good so why not now? Let's think of the long term now, and get somebody else in

Look i don't rate McLeish and his record this season so far has been truly terrible and we should not be in the dunces half of league and agree theres little to suggest his crap winning 1 in every 4 or so games Premier league record will change but a protest before a game against Man City IS the wrong time for a protest.

You say theres never a right time to protest but there is IMO a wrong time to - which this weekends game would be .

Would also like to see McLiesh as England manager before the weekend, protests would turn into celebrations.

Can`t see it happening, but the way we do things, I wouldn`t discard a chance of our winning on Sunday.

Would be quite funny that one.

Back when we were actually being served up terrible football around November, most of us were saying that if the football was decent we wouldn't be moaning about the results. Now it's the opposite with the football being decent (even great at times) with the results being poor. So now it's 'no but we lost/drew, who cares about how we played'. Just admit it, some of you hated AM from the start and wouldn't accept him no matter what.

Back when we were actually being served up terrible football around November, most of us were saying that if the football was decent we wouldn't be moaning about the results. Now it's the opposite with the football being decent (even great at times) with the results being poor. So now it's 'no but we lost/drew, who cares about how we played'. Just admit it, some of you hated AM from the start and wouldn't accept him no matter what.
I'm sure we were saying that not only are the results are bad but so is the football......slightly different on what you are saying. Football being decent? we've had a few spells in a few games that's it. More atrocious football than decent/great football in my opinion.

Agreed.

Look i don't rate McLeish and his record this season so far has been truly terrible and we should not be in the dunces half of league and agree theres little to suggest his crap winning 1 in every 4 or so games Premier league record will change but a protest before a game against Man City IS the wrong time for a protest.

You say theres never a right time to protest but there is IMO a wrong time to - which this weekends game would be .

I'm interested why this weekend is a bad weekend? I thought it was a good weekend to do it because even if we were flying this would be an extremely difficult game that we would really struggle to get any kind of result. City are really hard to compete with and if we were flying I'd still say we'd probably only have 1 in 4 chance of winning wouldn't we. Given how we are playing and especially at home, our defence is really struggling to put it mildly then chances of a result look unlikely but there is always a chance of a surprising result but far more unlikely that likely. Is that a fair assessment?

If we were playing a lower level team the I agree this weekend might not be a good weekend to do it, as there is a better chance of a result, that's why I think this weekend is a better time to do it than another weekend. I'm interested to hear why you think not this weekend if there was going to be a weekend for a protest?

Wow! I wish I had allowed my expectations to drop as low as yours so I could go to villa park and my brain would interpret what I see as great. :lol:

Wow! I wish I had allowed my expectations to drop as low as yours so I could go to villa park and my brain would interpret what I see as great. :lol:

How can you tell what my expectations are from my post? I said the football was great at times, (ie: second half vs. QPR and vs. Chesea). Seriously, get off your high horse. I was just pointing out the circular logic of some who desperately look for a stick to bash AM over the head with. He isn't a good manager, but be fair in your freaking criticisms is all I was saying.

Considering we've lost Ash & DJ, I think we're having a better season than last year

To protest now is ludicrous and embarrassing

Get behind the team and the manager please

still don't understand why it's embarrassing. Get behind the team, yes......get behind the manager, no!

If the fans undermine the manager, it gives the players a license to become insubordinate (what we had last year)

We know about the rotten apples in the squad, we as fans should back the manager

Boo the players who week in week out take the piss by all means

I agree about rotten apples in the squad but I'm not going to support a manager who is not right for the club. I will support the team at the start to the end of each game on the pitch as they need that but I will slate or big up players outside of that

Over the last few weeks, MCLeish has picked decent line ups (apart from Warnock), one's we have pretty much all been happy with

He's got Robbie Keane in, Ireland transformed, Bent scoring again

I was at Newcastle, a game we should have won and played well in

To be protesting now is a joke

You may be happier and think it is a joke! I would say you are being simplistic and picking on some good points but then I could throw back loads of bad points and issues, and you dismiss some of them and I would come back with some argument and we would get nowhere apart from difference of opinion.

The basic thing though that while you don't agree with the protest, other people feel they have to have their say and unfortunately a protest is the only means those people have to voice their opinions more than on a message board. You think it's a joke which is unfair on those people, you have to respect other people feel different and have some valid reasons. There will always be some idiots there as well who will obviously embarrass us but the sentiment of the protest is still valid to some villa fans.

So saying it a joke is wrong, you may not agree but that is your right

Going to celebrate my 50th anniversary of attending my first Villa game on Sunday - started at the Villa v Charlton Feb 14th 1962! Here's hoping for a win. We got one then and I hope 50 years on we win again!

Forget the protests - get behind the team 110% NO BOOING no matter what mistake is made or by whom - during the game back the team (each one equally) to the hilt. Let them know and see the true Villa fan - the fan that through the shit times pulls the team out of the mire! Make Villa Park a cauldron of sound and a place where the opposition fear to come. I will be shouting loud and clear in support of each and every player - good or bad!

-----

Villa till I die and not Villa as long as they are wining / entertaining / spending tons of dosh! oh! and have a manager I like!

Congratulations nazvfc, 50yrs is impressive.

I can't stand this manager and if I was there I would probably be part of the protest although NOT during the game.

All this is gonna do is hinder the team! I mean look at blackburn it aint helped them but by no means are we as bad as them and i think we're lucky there are probably 4 worst teams then us in the Premier League! Come on people **** this stupid act because we're bringing attention to the club no1 wants ABSOLUTE MUPPETS

Get behind the team, yes......get behind the manager, no!

I dont see how you can get behind the team without getting behind the most integral part of that team?

Without a manager, we havent got a team.

If people are saying that Mcliesh (i.e. the manager) and the team are two seperate aspects of AVFC, then it seems ludicrously unfair to pinpoint the blame at Mcliesh for the teams failures??

Point is, the arguement that its possible to get behind the team and not the manager is bollocks.

Think many people are mistaking supporting/getting behind as singing/cheering etc, when actually, just erasing the whole 'i want you to fail' attitude that ooozes around Villa Park would go a long way imo.

Â