Protesting News

Mendi

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can see why the fans are disgruntled with Mcleish in charge. It most be the most unwatchable football i have watched in a long time with him in charge. I feel he is holding back the younger players such as Albrighton, Bannan. While Ireland has had great games and Charlie has had spells of good football both are showing they are not working to the potential they possess under Mcleish. Also there is no attacking edge which is holding one of Englands deadliest finishers back.

When we play matches recently we get up over the half way line and then have no idea what to do, this man is the man that will take us down no doubt about it.

But it isn't all Mcleish's fault part has to go down to Lerner along with o'neill. Due to there recklessness they have overblown the wage budget on average players, meaning we have to now go through this stage of renewal.

Overall we got to face facts with the squad at present top 10 would be a good position, but the style of football at present is poor and is making current squad member under perform. Plus Mcleish was mainly brought in to fix or fragile defence, which he obviously has achieve lol.

It most be the most unwatchable football i have watched in a long time with him in charge

its really not though. it's not anything close to unwatchable at all a lot of the time. we fall apart due to individual errors time after time, and still panic and hoof the ball, just like we did under houllier and mcleish, but we're starting to have more and more spells where we have the ball down and are playing decent football

It most be the most unwatchable football i have watched in a long time with him in charge

its really not though. it's not anything close to unwatchable at all a lot of the time. we fall apart due to individual errors time after time, and still panic and hoof the ball, just like we did under houllier and mcleish, but we're starting to have more and more spells where we have the ball down and are playing decent football

Oh come on, thats looking at what actually happens as opposed to making it up as you go along, you have no place in this topic!

Oh come on, thats looking at what actually happens as opposed to making it up as you go along, you have no place in this topic!

No it's shitcrap antifootball, and you're a pro defensive GC sympathizer.

Nail on head IMHO!!

Why are we protesting then... because of negative football?..... Erm well actually NO

Poor results..... but then again improving away from home.

Or because we just don't like McLeish because he came from SHA?

Wait a minute...I thought Villa fans have been telling everyone THAT isn't the reason fans don't like him ......it's the negative football....OH!!!.... round and round we go again...

I'll judge him at the end of the season and actually probably after a summer clear out of the players that are hiding behind McLeish's unpopularity with the fans. So maybe this time next year he will have had a fair crack of the whip.

YES it is people's democratic right to protest - but then again AVFC is not a political party - THIS is a football team and ALL the protests do is cause more negative vibes for the press to latch onto.

Nail on head IMHO!!

Why are we protesting then... because of negative football?..... Erm well actually NO

Poor results..... but then again improving away from home.

Or because we just don't like McLeish because he came from SHA?

Wait a minute...I thought Villa fans have been telling everyone THAT isn't the reason fans don't like him ......it's the negative football....OH!!!.... round and round we go again...

I'll judge him at the end of the season and actually probably after a summer clear out of the players that are hiding behind McLeish's unpopularity with the fans. So maybe this time next year he will have had a fair crack of the whip.

YES it is people's democratic right to protest - but then again AVFC is not a political party - THIS is a football team and ALL the protests do is cause more negative vibes for the press to latch onto.

This, like your post Julie.

to be fair I think the Nazis went after the Jews a little less ferocious as some of our fans are going after Eck.

It took Blackburn about 7 losses in a row and bottom of the league before they began to protest. And even then most of it was at the owners.

I think if fans want to make themselves look completely ridiculous go ahead and protest. It will achieve nothing and just give the media who seem to love to put the club down anyway another opportunity to ridicule us.

I'm pretty unhappy with whats going on at the club at the moment but I can't decide whether its the fault of the apathy of the owner, the poor manager we have or the obvious lack of commitment from the majority of the players.

Despite having two season tickets I don't look forward to going to VP at all and by and large this season have seen nothing but dross served up on the pitch. Thankfully we are away at the weekend so I will miss us being trounced by Man City and I won't be inflicting my season tickets on some other poor fool.

Would be interesting to see how the reaction is if we beat Man City, unlikely I know, but we did it last season as well when noone expected it to happen. Perfect debut for Darren Bent too.
no chance that we will beat them. first half own goals by Warnock and agent Dunne will do it for ManCity an easy game.

as JulieB wrote, i agree with her, i do not see the reason to protest. general play is better and we are let down by stupid defensive errors and soft goals. both Gordies and QPRs should be very happy that they snatched points from us.

We were in a far worse situation this time last year with GH in charge!! We are better off in terms of league position. As a few people have now stated it is just stupid individual mistakes that cost us games!! All a proest is going to do is get the players downbeat when we should be backing them to the hilt! I dont think we will beat Citeh but i just hope that the boys put in one monumental effort to at least try and compete against them! lest start backing the players and staff and not slagging for once!

It does my head in!

Its a tad early to be honest. But overall I would support the protestors. If you look at the way Mcleishs teams fall apart after feb - and the ease with which we are conceeding goals - were ripe for a slump down the table.

Such a slump hasn't happened yet - but I beleive it will. With no money, a very patchy record in the transfer market, at least 2 senior pros , bubbling under with discontent, the youth starlets have (mostly) faded..its hard to see a future under Lerner and Mcleish, and thats before we get onto next seasons season ticket sales......

So yes there is every reason to protest, even if it upsets the london media, and a few MOTD pundits. There comes a time where you just have to say things ain't gonna change for the better.

Or you can trust trust Lerner to start spending, and Mcleish to start buying well................... :lol:

Â