Protesting News

Mendi

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please let this think be a flop tomorrow! How embarassing for us, I've already heard it mentioned in the national media.

Im no fan of AMc, im an st and has seen most gmes this season and though there's been bad, there's also been good, I don't really buy this negative football myth. Whats totally evident though is that there hasn't been enough time to judge him yet. The club is in the middle of a major transition, he's only been there for 6 months and has a net spend of minus 20 million!

I could maybe understd if we were rooted to the bottom of the table, but realistically, we've been performing like a club in our circumstances.

Im taking my step son to his first game tomorrow, so I hope he doesn't have to see a bunch of overgrown, fickle children throwing their toys out of the pram and embarrassing our proud club.

And what exactly is good enough?

The way he has approached several games this season such as Spurs away wasn't good enough.

6 games in a row at home without a win isn't good enough.

6 wins in 24 games isn't good enough.

I'm not one to protest but if I was I think I'd find plenty to protest about with McLeish and I think its quite easy to look at his performance and deem it not good enough.

But whats the benchmark your working against to deem that not good enough?

I obviously want more, dont get me wrong - but what is it that makes you so sure that Villa are too good for a run of 6 wins in 24 games? What is good enough? 8, 9, 10 wins? How close have we actually been to getting 8, 9 or 10 wins? All irellevant now of course but I cant imagine your sat there thinking we should be winning the vast majority of games. With that in mind, is it not plausible that we may win say - 11 or 12 wins in the next 24 games, to balance - results/expectations?

Genuine question, How many games are people expecting us to win - baring in mind this 'clown' is taking us down in a lot of peoples minds?

Im no fan of AMc, im an st and has seen most gmes this season and though there's been bad, there's also been good, I don't really buy this negative football myth. Whats totally evident though is that there hasn't been enough time to judge him yet.

ridiculous statement, negative football myth?? this is a man that played SIX defenders in one game and who has spent the entire season playing one upfront.

by saying there has been good football this season is crazy. we have played about 200 mins of good football all season out 2160 minutes.

the rest has been totally shit. he spent money on hutton and nzogbia which was a total waste of a limited budget. he is also a liar and totally delusional, his substitutions beggar belief and the sooner he is out villa park the better. Infact it would be better if he left the game for good so nobody else has to but up with him. he is a horrible dull uninspiring bag of shite and he can take his nasty little sidekick peter grant with him. totatlly clueless, totally out of his depth and a total waste of time

Im no fan of AMc, im an st and has seen most gmes this season and though there's been bad, there's also been good, I don't really buy this negative football myth. Whats totally evident though is that there hasn't been enough time to judge him yet.

ridiculous statement, negative football myth?? this is a man that played SIX defenders in one game and who has spent the entire season playing one upfront.

by saying there has been good football this season is crazy. we have played about 200 mins of good football all season out 2160 minutes.

the rest has been totally shit. he spent money on hutton and nzogbia which was a total waste of a limited budget. he is also a liar and totally delusional, his substitutions beggar belief and the sooner he is out villa park the better. Infact it would be better if he left the game for good so nobody else has to but up with him. he is a horrible dull uninspiring bag of shite and he can take his nasty little sidekick peter grant with him. totatlly clueless, totally out of his depth and a total waste of time

I don't know, he can go back to the Blues if he wants.

The strange thing is, you speak to fans of other clubs and they ALL say "why the hell did they appoint McLeish, bizarre appointment"

It's not like the footballing world need telling again about this by our own fans

Yep ANYONE who vaguely knows ANYTHING about football knew what an utter bad joke and stupid appointment the McLeish appointment was.

Half these moaners wont even be there. Says it all for me

and that's one of the problems that the current regime are generating..... they're driving fans away with the tepid dross that's being dished up....

just because fans wont be there doesn't mean they don't care. They are voting with their feet.

Mantis, can you honestly say that Mcliesh's previous role has not (at the very least) sped up embarrasing shite like this.

Really, those protesting - fill ya boots. Go and make an arse of yourselves. Because no one with half a brain has a clue what on earth your protesting about. If its because your unhappy with whats happening at AVFC then football is NOT the sport for you - neither is any competitve sport foir that matter.

Of course it has, did you for one minute think it wouldnt? Thats why his appointment was ludicrous from day one and showed a complete lack of either understanding or respect for the Villa fans. Saying that, he was never, ever going to change his spots. He is what he is, tactically limited and way out of his depth.

I was going to say I didnt agree with the protest, but having read the stupid and frankly ridiculous comments that McCleish came up with at this pre match conference on the bbc I genuinely hope its friggin huge.

Apparently silence means that you are supporting the team. In that case, McLeish must be beside himself as VP under his regime is like a morgue.

According to him, he is good at controlling the team and the effort they put in? In that case to blame the players for the current performances is folly, McLeish is motivating the team, just unsatisfactorily.

Finally, to say its a "minority" who are against him shows either ignorance or a blatant disregard for the thougths and feelings of the Villa fanbase.

I dont care he is a nice bloke, I dont care it will be our 3rd or 4th manager in 3 years, just give us a manager who we can believe in. I dont want millions thrown at the team, the nucleas of the side is there, just give us a young manager with modern training regimes, the ability to engage with the squad and a progressive footballing outlook.

With the right man, we will be patient. Just give us the right man!

Of course it has, did you for one minute think it wouldnt? Thats why his appointment was ludicrous from day one and showed a complete lack of either understanding or respect for the Villa fans.

No, it just shows the immaturatity of many football fans. Im pleased Lerner didnt bottle appointing him based on a set of total 'know it alls' swinging from the gate, making total arses of themselves.

You dont make an appointment based on the potential reaction of a set of people, who havent got the faintest idea what running a football club is all about.

I mean this forum is full of posts saying that Mark hughes should have been appointed and things would be rosey - yeah, looks it from QPR's form.

Of course it has, did you for one minute think it wouldnt? Thats why his appointment was ludicrous from day one and showed a complete lack of either understanding or respect for the Villa fans.

No, it just shows the immaturatity of many football fans. Im pleased Lerner didnt bottle appointing him based on a set of total 'know it alls' swinging from the gate, making total arses of themselves.

You dont make an appointment based on the potential reaction of a set of people, who havent got the faintest idea what running a football club is all about.

I mean this forum is full of posts saying that Mark hughes should have been appointed and things would be rosey - yeah, looks it from QPR's form.

Does it? So because they disagree with your holier than thou opinion it is immature?

I am 40 years old, I would hate to think I am immature. What it does show, is that Paul Faulkner knows balance sheets and excel but next to nothing about a football club, its dynamics and the relationship between a club and its fans.

I am sorry, advocating McLeishes appointment to prove a point against protestors is what is known as cutting your nose off to spite your face.

Im against tomorrows protest but Woodytom you are talking absolute shite in playing devils advocate to the utter joke of a decision it was by Lerner or whoever on our board who appointed McLeish.

McLeish's record is utterly embarrasingly awful with us and his previous 'Premiership experience' is diabolical.

Anyone who knows anything about football actually has pity on us having such a bad manager.

Lads what are the protests about exactly ??

Would you be happier with Mark Hughes who's team did so well at Blackburn today ?

Or MON who's team threw away a home lead against a mediocre arsenal ?

Would you be happier with Mark Hughes who's team did so well at Blackburn today ?

I don't think you can make judgements on managers based on one single game. As far as Mark Hughes goes, he's done a poor job so far at QPR but it's a completely different club. Who knows how well he'd do here? Certainly better than McLeish I'm sure.

Are you being serious?

That was the FIRST game MON has lost at home with Sunderland.

He has won more games in 11 games than McLeish has managed all season.

In case you have not noticed we have not won a home game in FOUR months!

I'm not in favour of the protests (wrong time) but what on earth are you on about?

That somehow McLeish is not shit because MON and Mark Hughes lost a game today??

:?

Very bizarre post.

Are you being serious?

That was the FIRST game MON has lost at home with Sunderland.

He has won more games in 11 games than McLeish has managed all season.

In case you have not noticed we have not won a home game in FOUR months!

I'm not in favour of the protests (wrong time) but what on earth are you on about?

That somehow McLeish is not shit because MON and Mark Hughes lost a game today??

:?

Very bizarre post.

Indeed, this is a bizarre post, in fact it is possibly the most ludicrous post in the history of VT.

Â