Protesting News

Mendi

Let's just hope, if a few misguided souls do try to mount some sort of "protest" during the match, that the rest of the Villa crowd turn on them and drown them out with cheering for our team*.

*(Who, it should be pointed out, will be trying to deal with the tricky little task of beating the most expensive team in the league (which includes two deserters from Villa), currently top and in fantastic form - a great occasion for our fans to start booing their own side, I don't think.)

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Genuine questions to the people okay with protests and those who are not.

Do you think Lerner takes the fans happiness into consideration?

Do you think Lerner's or McLeish's expectations of team performance and league position change with fans happiness?

Personally, I don't think it makes a blind bit of difference.

To be honest I dont think Lerner actually gives a shit about fans happiness which is incredibly sad and largely goes against some of the positive things said about him in the first foru years he was here

As someone said a few pages back about people being unhappy but not a clue what about. That's me.

I don't like being in 13th place. I don't particularly like McLeish's tactics or the fact that he seems to prioritise areas that I wouldn't, such as bringing in Robbie Keane, when we really need a central midfielder to win the ball back (I admit though that Keane has done well for us). That said, I am keen to get to the end of the season to see if he is given money to spend. Surely the plan must be to provide him with some decent funds after getting rid of so many players over the last 12 months?

To protest now will not make any difference I feel. I'll wait til around Christmas before I truly make up my mind. I don't like his managerial reign so far though.

I wish people would stop comparing the beginning of MON's tenure to that of McLeish's. MON inherited a FAR worse team and although they might have amassed a similar number of points over a similar amount of time, his team rarely, if ever, produced the kind of gutless, insipid performances that have been the staple of McLeish's reign thus far.

There was hope under MON, there is none under McLeish.

I wish people would stop comparing the beginning of MON's tenure to that of McLeish's. MON inherited a FAR worse team and although they might have amassed a similar number of points over a similar amount of time, his team rarely, if ever, produced the kind of gutless, insipid performances that have been the staple of McLeish's reign thus far.

There was hope under MON, there is none under McLeish.

Indeed it is a ridiculous argument and for so many reasons.

A decent manager would not have this squad (despite its faults) in the dunces half of the league.

As for the protests - i generally feel that the Man City game is the wrong game and wrong time to protest against the club .

There is plenty to be pissed off about and feel a protest might be needed eventually but i don't think this is the time.

Congratulations to the numpties - they've not only managed to make us a laughing stock (I still cringe when I think of the VP demonstrations when AMc was approinted) but now also managed to distract our manager before an important game. True Villa fans?

I just hope these protests do not take place. Just because lots of posters don't want to actually protest does not mean they are happy with the club or its manager.

Personally I think we made a piss poor appointment and that is relected in the tactics, the results and the apathy of the players. You reap what you sow and all that. In addition I think that RL has lost interest, probably for a whole variety of reasons, but that is not the reason spending was reined in. What was going on was simply unsustainable. I suspect all that is a quite widely held view amongst fans

What will actually protesting achieve? Well put simply nothing. The club will not take a blind bit of notice and the media will twist it to make it appear fans are protesting because McLeish used to manage SHA. In other words a small minority of fans will make all fans look like clowns.

Oh and this has started on Vital Villa....enough said

Congratulations to the numpties - they've not only managed to make us a laughing stock (I still cringe when I think of the VP demonstrations when AMc was approinted) but now also managed to distract our manager before an important game. True Villa fans?

When you said numpties and laughing stock i thought you were refering to our board for a second....

Anyhow as for this proposed protest - I think a protest before the Man City game is a bad idea - its not the right time or right game for protests .

The protests against McLeish's appoitment however there was nothing wrong in that at all!

Watch us laughed at like Blackburn fans calling for Kean's head on every occasion and protesting.

Well our football and results have been laughed at enough this season. Seems right the fans join in.

I wonder if the people so against this were also so against any form of protest against doug?

A protest is the right thing to do, the mcleish saga was a disgrace from the offset. the more the man speaks the more i hate him. the bullshit he comes out with is unbelieveable

A protest is the right thing to do, the mcleish saga was a disgrace from the offset. the more the man speaks the more i hate him. the bullshit he comes out with is unbelieveable

Just like it helped before he even got the job? Keep the protest out of Villa park. No doubt people are going to **** boo the team and make them feel even more shit. I'm not a fan of Stephen Warnock, but some of the shit he's been getting is terrible. People need to **** off with that shit and get behind the team.

Protests just make a club's supporters look small time. Ultimately the only arbiter of a manager's future is results.

Imo AM is a decent hardworking guy who is passionate about his job, unfortunately again imo he is the wrong coach for the players we currently have.

Randy is only human and will probably react stubbornly to any public protests, thus making them counter productive. Why make Villa the butt of even more jokes by inviting the media to pick up on another "bunch of fickle Brummies."

Â