Protesting News

Mendi

Fans should protest every game now, it will not affect the team they will play shite regardless under this idiot of a manager

In it together? when were Lerner, krulak, Faulkner and Mcleish in anything together with the fans?

The only think we are in together is the shit thanks to them not us, we said not to do it, we objected they ignored and now when it suits they blame the fans and say we should not affect the team.

Gutless weak men who should be nowhere near this club

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As frustrating as things are, and never mind the fact that we gave McLeish time and support, we should support the team and back the boys as much as we can through the next 3 games, and then sort this mess out.

I will put this in simple terms for you to understand:

We have been 'supporting the team and backing the boys' all season (even in the Bolton game) and it hasn't had any positive effect on the results, league position or quality of football played.

Once the next 3 games have been played any protests (if people can be bothered to turn up to an empty VP after the season has finished) will be a waste of time as McLeish, Lerner, Faulkner and the players will have already **** off on their long summer holidays.

Did you even read my post? I wasn't even implying that we hadn't supported the team all season. In fact we were in great voice for 60 mins at the Bolton game, until we let two goals in the space of seconds.

And I'll put this in simple terms for you:

Protesting now won't make a blind bit of difference. Randy won't budge (see the backing of him on the website) and it will likely just affect the players in a negative way.

What makes you think Randy won't budge ? - The only crap under pressure manager we had was Houllier - if you beleive Houllier at the time he wanted to stay.

Slightly different circs this time, as mcleish has no health issue. But my point is Randy doesn't have a track record either way - so the idea he want sack him is based on ....not much

Fans should protest every game now, it will not affect the team they will play shite regardless under this idiot of a manager

In it together? when were Lerner, krulak, Faulkner and Mcleish in anything together with the fans?

The only think we are in together is the shit thanks to them not us, we said not to do it, we objected they ignored and now when it suits they blame the fans and say we should not affect the team.

Gutless weak men who should be nowhere near this club

Totally agree with this. Too many idiots would rather stand around doing nothing saying 'give him a chance'. What a load of nonsense!Most of us knew how this would turn out and even if we survive who wants it next season,we should've been protesting from day one.We do have an element of fans at this club however that are so concerned about doing the right thing that they do nothing. PEOPLE SHOULD PROTEST TO THEIR HEARTS CONTENT, have a voice,call for MCLEISH OUT! Let people know that we may be shit, but not all blind.

MCLEISH OUT M'LORD,MCLEISH OUT!.......

Update from www.mcleishout.co.uk

Flyer Distribution McLeish Out Day #avfc

by McLeish Out

The banners are sorted and on the way, and we are very close to sorting out the flyers. We are going to order 20,000 flyers but we need help distributing them. We are going to need around 50 people if we are going to get these spread out around the ground before the game. If no one volunteers then the message will not be heard.

We need your help.

Up the Villa

I think we're mixing up protesting against McLeish with criticism of the team. I was at the Bolton game and the support for the team was first class through the entire match. Even after the Holte and Witton found our anti McLeish voice on 63 mins, the support for the team was good (a bit more muted for sure) but there wasn’t any booing or vocal criticism of the team, at least not what I heard.

I agree that booing the players may affect their performance, but the point is we’re not doing that…we’re getting at McLeish and should continue to do so whilst getting behind the team at every opportunity. I’d even go as far as to say that the anti McLeish chants morphed into pretty decent support and noise when we managed to get forward and venture over the halfway line after we’d gone behind. Kind of worked as a catalyst that got the crowd going.

So, cake and eat it time…support the team as we did against Bolton and get at McLeish at the same time.

As frustrating as things are, and never mind the fact that we gave McLeish time and support, we should support the team and back the boys as much as we can through the next 3 games, and then sort this mess out.

We have been 'supporting the team and backing the boys' all season (even in the Bolton game) and it hasn't had any positive effect on the results, league position or quality of football played.

Once the next 3 games have been played any protests (if people can be bothered to turn up to an empty VP after the season has finished) will be a waste of time as McLeish, Lerner, Faulkner and the players will have already **** off on their long summer holidays.

Did you even read my post? I wasn't even implying that we hadn't supported the team all season. In fact we were in great voice for 60 mins at the Bolton game, until we let two goals in the space of seconds.

Protesting now won't make a blind bit of difference. Randy won't budge (see the backing of him on the website) and it will likely just affect the players in a negative way.

What makes you think Randy won't budge ? - The only crap under pressure manager we had was Houllier - if you beleive Houllier at the time he wanted to stay.

Slightly different circs this time, as mcleish has no health issue. But my point is Randy doesn't have a track record either way - so the idea he want sack him is based on ....not much

This:

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~2749103,00.html

We will continue to support and rely on our manager and the squad and therefore give them our full support.

We are totally conscious, as is everyone at the Club, that this is a very trying time for those who love Aston Villa.

We know that the team will continue to fight through every minute of the remaining games and we hope Villa fans will continue to show their great support.

It's far too late to protest now as now we're in the shit. We should have either done in July, or at Christmas.

This:

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~2749103,00.html

We will continue to support and rely on our manager and the squad and therefore give them our full support.

We are totally conscious, as is everyone at the Club, that this is a very trying time for those who love Aston Villa.

We know that the team will continue to fight through every minute of the remaining games and we hope Villa fans will continue to show their great support.

It's far too late to protest now as now we're in the shit. We should have either done in July, or at Christmas.

To be fair they can't say anything else.

The tide seems to be turning against Mcleish. Even the friendly media are crumbling - and hes the bookies favorite to be the next PL manager to get the sack.

No manager with 3 relegation's in 4 years - can be employed by any serious club. Hes got until the end of the season - and I wouldn't be to surprised if doesn't make that. - a good walloping at the hawthorns (not out of the question) may mean he gets the bullet on monday.

If we get relegated v spurs - will he want to face further abuse the following sunday - only to be told he has no job Monday ?

Even if we stay up it seems highly improbable, that he would have enough credibility to ride out this storm.

Perfect day: Spanking West Brom after the players decide ingnore AMC, playing positive football.

in the Live after match interview with MacClueless, Randy puts his head in the shot and says, "Alex your fired!"

Ohhhh please please can it come true?!?

Do you think the Club will be doing the traditional end of season 'lap of honour' after the Spurs game? I might revoke my self imposed VP exile (while Eck is here) for that game out of morbid curiosity.

I recall GT Mark 2 coming on the mike at the end of 2002-03 and stated 'It's been an awful season...' and then the boos... Textbook Villa drama.

Would the Club and Eck be foolish enough to do a lap of honour after the Spurs game? Could be nasty.

Do you think the Club will be doing the traditional end of season 'lap of honour' after the Spurs game? I might revoke my self imposed VP exile (while Eck is here) for that game out of morbid curiosity.

I recall GT Mark 2 coming on the mike at the end of 2002-03 and stated 'It's been an awful season...' and then the boos... Textbook Villa drama.

Would the Club and Eck be foolish enough to do a lap of honour after the Spurs game? Could be nasty.

I can't imagine there will be any lap of honour after the Spurs game. If there is McLeish would be insane to join it.

Given we are teetering on the brink of relegation I can't imagine that many fans are going to stick around after the final whistle unless there is going to be a big McLeish Out demo which is what is really required.

I would agree there was nothing negative chanted or sung about the team or any player at the Bolton game. The tide just gradually turned against McLeish as he yet again clearly demonstrated how tactically inept he is.

I love the idea of big protest, not least to catch the medias attention and maybe finally kill this myth that its all about where he came from but I do worry that anything we do may impact on the players which would be dangerous.

The Ellis Out protest was spot on in that we all held up the placards as the teams came out but then fully supported the team. Clearly if its all gone tits up by the end of the Spurs game all hell is going to break lose but by that time I doubt it will matter.

All these "fans" who say we must support the team during the game crack me up. Its worked so well all season....

Yes, it's like a few people have come up with a new concept that nobody had ever thought of before.

"I know", says bright spark No. 1 to bright spark No. 2, "Let's get behind the lads and support the team then they will play well and win".

"That's a good idea, why hasn't anyone tried it before this season" says bright spark No. 2 to bright spark No. 1.

Well I have news for all you 'bright sparks' out there, we have done this all season and guess what, the results are shit, the football is shit, the league position is shit and the points tally is shit.

Any more bright ideas?

Â