Marc Albrighton

kingeightyone

McLeish ruined him. Makes him play very defensive. When he gets the ball he is very deep and rarely has any options around him. He is always forced to take on the defender or pass it back. Agbonlahor was completely invisible all match unlike Albrighton. Marc at least tried to get the ball and do something unlike the rest of the team excluding Ireland.

Losing hope for this guy as a prem player. Not fast, not smart, not skilled, not strong and needs a dozen attempts nowadays to put in a single decent cross. Cuellar today crossed once on his wrong foot better than Alby crossed all game. He does try though at least.

McLeish ruined him. Makes him play very defensive. When he gets the ball he is very deep and rarely has any options around him. He is always forced to take on the defender or pass it back. Agbonlahor was completely invisible all match unlike Albrighton. Marc at least tried to get the ball and do something unlike the rest of the team excluding Ireland.

This.

Whoever thinks hes a good player needs a reality check, hes not a PL player.

Highly probable. Still he needs some sort of confidence because at the moment he is entirely devoid of it and I kinda feel sorry for him.

McLeish hasnt ruined him. he is a one trick pony who got found out last season

I separate this from all the doom and gloom around Villa at the moment, Albrighton is no more of a 'scapegoat' than a few other players.

Simply put, he's just not that good. He's joins a long line of Villa youth players, he's got something but not enough.

He has had ups and downs like all players but he's only ever really shown one ability; run, head down, cross or shoot with no real thought. 90% of the time that will result in nothing but occasionally it can be exceptional. He's been like this from the start and is just like 100's of players on the border of Premiership/Championship quality. Nothing special.

When he was seen as the new star, Villa were playing well and we could afford to carry him and see him run down blind alleys and put in poor crosses because others would take up the slack. He'd have a mazy run and score and we'd be amazed. But in a struggling team he simply doesn't have that luxury; and he's not even that young any more.

Albrighton and Delfounso, like many youngsters before them are all adequate at best. We just hope, because they're local lads that they can be more than they are. Bannan is quickly joining them. Gardner is next one we'll all start overhyping... they're is always one star but you need to get through 10 odd 'next stars' before a real one comes through.

The Moore brothers, Ridgewell, Whittingham, Davis, C Gardner, Osbourne and before that players like Byfield and Rachel (GK) have all been touted as the next best thing and have all pretty much gone down hill.

Real successes include Gabby, Cahill (now), Barry and Vassell, but we need to be realistic; we've never really had (and certainly now) don't have that Golden generation of youth.

Albrighton isn't awful, at least he's never cost us a bundle of cash (I'm looking at you Heskey and Hutton) but he's squad player at best and probably far more suited to joining a Championship team and becoming a big fish in a little pond like Whittingham at Cardiff.

He's a trier and he's shown in the past that he has PL quality, so I won't be writing him off just yet.

He's still developing and is probably under undue pressure as he's our only natural right winger in the squad.

Completely agree. He is being made a scapegoat. He's shown quality in the past, they've all been **** shit this season, nobody has shone, they can't all be useless.

He's devoid of confidence, like many of them, and our bad football doesn't suit any of our attacking options. He's a kid still really and he's one of our own, he cares about the club and we should be behind him.

MOTM are you for real? he was an absolute disgrace yesterday. his crossing was completely awful, he kept losing the ball and he was so weak.

maybe its mcleishs tactics but for me he has to take responsibilty he has been given the opportunity to show what he can do and has failed. so for me i dont object to him being replaced in the summer. squad player until he bucks up

He HAS to play - there's nobody else that can, really.

It's a massive amount of responsibility and totally unfair on him - we saw what he was capable of when we had Young and Downing starting and he was there out of the limelight and challenging for a spot. Barring a career ending injury, this is one of the worst things that could have happened for his development.

I think people should just give him a break here.

Unbelievable the lengths some ppl will go to defend local lads....

Good players play better under pressure, it shouldn't faze him that much and regarding tactics,

These shouldn't influence his ability to control or cross the ball I'm sorry, most worrying thing is his footballing game hasn't developed any bit

Â