Marc Albrighton

kingeightyone

Typical young player. Half a dozen good games last season when he first got into the team - unfortunatley this was taken as a measure of his abilities - when in fact a youngsters first few games are in general a poor guide to his capabilities.

He hasn't got it to cut it at this level - had we a half decent squad he wouldnt even get on the bench. He is in the team - but is struggling badly and will continue to do so - due to his lack of ability

Albrighton is a more than good enough player - as with all youngsters he needs time and patience from the fans. Potentially the lad can be a Villa legend.

It's a times like this you have to stand behind the youngsters, encourage them and give them confidence. Gareth Bale was pretty shocking not so long ago and look at him now. Dwight Yprke was nothing special in his first couple of seasons too. In fact, I recall Tommy Docherty saying about Yorke something along the lines of: "If he makes it as a professional footballer then I'm Mao Tse Tung."

Youngsters need to be given room to grow, top quality coaching and opportunities to learn. Marc's certainly been given opportunities, last year he was excellent, this year he seems a little lost. I'd put this down to the coaching as much as anything.

Its two things; he’s not as good as he’s been hyped, yet to be fair no one has shone in this shite season and McLeish is for the most part to blame for that. He’s a good, not great player, playing for the worse manager Villa have had in a long long time.

He has a half decent cross. That's it. He is predictable and easy to defend. He doesn't have the pace to make up for his average dribbling skills and he doesn't have the trickery to make up for his lack of speed.

Comparing him to bale awhile back is ridiculous. Bale was struggling but he always had the physical attributes required to be a top player.

Albrighton has zero chance of becoming a villa legend and if he's still starting next season we'll continue to be a nothing average team.

Typical young player. Half a dozen good games last season when he first got into the team - unfortunatley this was taken as a measure of his abilities - when in fact a youngsters first few games are in general a poor guide to his capabilities.

He hasn't got it to cut it at this level - had we a half decent squad he wouldnt even get on the bench. He is in the team - but is struggling badly and will continue to do so - due to his lack of ability

Agreed. Can't criticise his commitment but not good enough. Needs benching if N'Zog returns.

I think he shows glimpses but this is not a very good environment for youngsters to thrive in at the moment. I'm sure he'll develop over the next couple of seasons if we get a manager that can get some enthusiasm back in the club and the team. Otherwise I get a feeling that he and most of the other players are on a hiding to nothing.

Feel sorry for him, he doesn't even look Championship quality at the moment

Really lacks confidence and he's playing in a poor team

Its even worse that hes the only winger in the team and has to start if we want any width.

I think he can be a useful squad player for us but he is no where is near good enough to have to start in our team.

The arsenal game was the very essence of where Marc is right now.

As others have said at least he got himself involved whereas Gabby was largely anonymous.

We works really hard and gets himself into good situation which is why some have said he was our only threat and in some ways they are right to do so.

Problem is though his quality when he gets himself into good situations is really not there. He looks like a kid who is playing above his standard.

I think he is useful cover but if he's our starter we are in a world of trouble.

Part of the reason we cant string five passes together is that we have Marc and Gabby on wing who are both headless chickens neither has the game intelligence to know when to attack the defender and when to keep ball.

We have cried out for our kids to get gametime and be involved. Now that they are, you have to understand that they are kids or more accurately, young and inexperienced players.

They will frustrate at times, be inconsistent and make errors but be patient and they will grow into the role.

I feel for Albrighton. When he first came into the team in the peace cup his main attribute was delivering a wicked early ball into the box either first time or by gaining half a yard on the defender. Playing him on the left negates this as he continually has to cut inside, which increases his touches and means he only has limited options to aim for.

Still, by some distance the best crosser of a ball at the club. Give him time and play him on the proper wing.

Â