Marc Albrighton

kingeightyone

the guy who started this post is a moron. albrighton is tenacious, quick, tricky and doesn't stop running. He's still young and hopefully with a bit of luck will kick on again. He's done us proud since he broke into the first team. How on earth is slating him in such a deluded fashion going to bring the best out of him. You are most likely best pals with all the boo boys down at villa. Productive. Ridiculous post the worst i've ever seen on here.

Only at Villa would a section of supporters get on the back of a young, homegrown inexperienced player.

No, this would happen at virtually every club in Britain. Its called having a scapegoat.

BTW where does that expression come from?

It's actually the Old Testament - Leviticus Ch 16 v8. This chapter involves doing a number if horrid things to animals to atone for man's sins. The goat gets off quite lightly - just gets sent off to wander in the desert. The ram and the bullock come to more grisly ends.

Lets shut this thread down as we all agree to disagree. The joy of opinions.

Praise the lord - that's the first sensible thing you've said in 10 pages of this thread. God help the children you're teaching maths to - I'm guessing they will be taught fabricated Marc Albrighton statistics to prove he should never have been handed a professional contract...

I'm drawing a line under this now as i have to teach five maths lessons tomoro and need to get my beauty sleep. Sweet dreams everyone and god bless. That includeds you too villaandloyal and villaalex

You teach people? **** me, frightening. :shock:

the guy who started this post is a moron. albrighton is tenacious, quick, tricky and doesn't stop running. He's still young and hopefully with a bit of luck will kick on again. He's done us proud since he broke into the first team. How on earth is slating him in such a deluded fashion going to bring the best out of him. You are most likely best pals with all the boo boys down at villa. Productive. Ridiculous post the worst i've ever seen on here.

dosent stop running was about the only truth in that post.

dosent beat the first man with most crosses might have been the next bext truth

with dosent play well against decent opposition next in line

i respect he gives 100% and there is possibly potential but i cant see why "super Marc" is the saviour when hes not on the pitch. take a non bias look as him when he's on it.

If he played for a different side and we were signing him i think a lot of people would be disappointed.

He suits us for now but he is certainly part of the reason watching villa is no fun anymore and while we continue to have to play average players ike him it will get worse.

If randy opens his wallet again to try and build a competitive team albrighton won't stand much chance of being a regular starter.

I can see him at a fulham or a similar club.

dosent stop running was about the only truth in that post.

dosent beat the first man with most crosses might have been the next bext truth

with dosent play well against decent opposition next in line

i respect he gives 100% and there is possibly potential but i cant see why "super Marc" is the saviour when hes not on the pitch. take a non bias look as him when he's on it.

Quite strange that you don't consider Manchester United 'decent' opposition. I'd call them one of the very best.

Perhaps this was mentioned earlier, but against everton, while he clearly screwed up defensively letting anechibi go with classically designated, "arm up to the AR defense", why in heavens name was that Albirghton's mark? He was positioned at our right midfield and he was marking the stricker making a run from their right midfield. It seems to me that somebody really screwed up the defensive positioning and marking for a right midfielder to be marking their forward on the left side during dynamic play.

If he played for a different side and we were signing him i think a lot of people would be disappointed.

Totally disagree. I think we'd be excited by his potential and perhaps get a little carried away by his decent scoring/assist record and his match of the day highlights. I don't think anybody would be disappointed.

He's 22, an U21 international, clearly has talent even if he struggles with consistency. He's not amazing, likely never will be but he's a grafter and he has moments. He's an average premier league winger with scope to get better, perhaps we've been spoiled down the past few years but we went a decade without one of those before hand.

I like the lad. I think this thread and the others like it are farcical.

Agree with DDID.

Defensively he can be a bit rubbish, and he can go for long periods doing nothing, BUT he is cabable of putting in devastating crosses, and not just one or two now and again either. I'd say most of his crosses are excellent. Add to this the fact that he's more than capable of scoring goals himself, and you've got a player that you want on the pitch when the team needs a goal. Simple.

FFS, as others have said, why are we even having this discussion. Incredible. How many of our players have scored fewer goals this season? Why not start with some them if you want to criticise?

On the weekend there was a clear difference in quality of his Crosses in the short time he was playing on the left. He fizzes them in and only need a touch to deviate them into the net, whereas his balls in from the right float a little too high and make it too easy for defenders to clear.

Good performance from Marc today...

Oh and funnily enough Marc went on the left again today, and I'd agree with Ponky's point from last week. He was a lot more dangerous with the inswinging balls.

I thought his final ball lacked quality again today which was a shame because I thought the rest of his play was excellent

I just wish he would take his man on and run with the ball more often, he needs to watch how Kightley got their goal and learn from that

I know he had a good run 2nd half today but I don't like to see him taking players on, he doesn't have the pace for it. He's better when he shifts the ball quickly and makes just half a yard for himself to whip balls in, like Beckham.

His crossing hasn't been great this season, but to be fair he's benn playing in a very defensive slightly struggling team which can have a negative effect on play.

I think Albrighton struggles in a team like ours, but he's got the kind of quality in his crossing that could make him a very good player when played in the right position in a good team...that's if he learns to play to his strengths and not overdo things ie. accept he has no pace, can't tackle, but is one of the best crossers in the league when in form.

Â