Marc Albrighton

kingeightyone

I think he will join Craig Gardner, Ridgewell, Davis, Luke Moore, Whittingham etc as an also-ran.

I honestly think we overestimate the ability of most of our youngsters. Our academy is fantastic but its a tiny minority of kids who eventually make it to the top of the game. Albrighton has ability but he's shown nothing since the very beginning of last season to warrant any real hype in my opinion.

Decent squad player

I think you're right, we do overrate our youngsters, and we tend to ignore their poor performances as well. It's hard to put into words just how awful Marc Albrighton was against Man City last week. Simply dreadful.

his service is not great. Look at Young best seasons at Villa he got quick ball from Barry and had Carew to aim for in the box. Now we have a slow passing midfield and then when he does cross the ball Bent is pretty poor in the air.

I think he's been awful for more than 12 months now. He was an absolute embarrassment against Man City last week

in his defence we had none of the ball and was played on left wing

True, but every time he got the ball it was taken off him like he was a 10 year old playing in a team of 16 year olds.

He was embarrassing.

Another player being wasted by the manager playing in roles not suited to him he was being played on the left wing in the last game he cannot play there for toffee he is one footed and was marked out the game everytime he tried to cut inside

Its always been the same at villa square pegs round holes CC is being wasted as a DCM as well he's quite clearly a CB

Not sure. He is now in the difficult second season after a breakthrough. That is always difficult, as the oppositions are now aware of him and closing him down easily. If he is to succeed, he has to develop further with more tricks in his bag.

I think in the right system he can be very effective. Last season he was at his best when he waited out side for the ball and mixed his game up between delivering good early crosses and taking his man on and trying to get to the byline.

This season he doesn't get the ball in those positions and when he does the crossing is just poor. At the moment it doesn't look good but there is potential there.

Seems to get worse every time he plays, not the way you would look for a youngster to evolve. He only had those crosses and sometimes the eye for goal but i cant remember when he put in a decent cross, like the one for Clark at Stamford Bridge for that great 3-3 goal.

Hes had to play under three managers in three years who had different ideas on how to play and your wondering why a kid coming up through the system has lost his way.

Get out on the wing and put a cross in. It's hardly rocket science.

He's too lightweight, and he's been found out. That's his problem.

Easy to mark as he doesn't/can't take his man on so stand off him denying the room to cross around the full back. Bit of a one-trick pony tbh

Agree with this 100%.

He gets shoved off the ball too easily as well

• 2 weeks later...

Started great last season then lost his confidence for a long time.

Seemed to have got his confidence back earlier this season but that has quickly evaporated.

Would love to be proved wrong but I don't really see him as PL quality. Think he would be a useful squad man as he never lets anyone down.

But if he's to be our starter he needs to improve massively or he (and we) wont be good enough.

Â