Marc Albrighton

kingeightyone

the guy who started this post is a moron. albrighton is tenacious, quick, tricky and doesn't stop running. He's still young and hopefully with a bit of luck will kick on again. He's done us proud since he broke into the first team. How on earth is slating him in such a deluded fashion going to bring the best out of him. You are most likely best pals with all the boo boys down at villa. Productive. Ridiculous post the worst i've ever seen on here.

dosent stop running was about the only truth in that post.

dosent beat the first man with most crosses might have been the next bext truth

with dosent play well against decent opposition next in line

i respect he gives 100% and there is possibly potential but i cant see why "super Marc" is the saviour when hes not on the pitch. take a non bias look as him when he's on it.

With respect he set up plenty of goals last year from crosses, quite a few for Downing from memory.

And not playing well against decent opposition...he tore Evra to pieces at VP last season and was one of our best players at home to Arsenal just a few years ago.

He had a poor first half of the season but since scoring at Bolton his confidence is starting to come back and he's played well in most games since bar a poor game at home to Everton.

A ways to go but getting back to form. We criticise too easily, did you see some of the other wingers out there this weekend? Alrighton more than showed his worth compared to say Walcott..... there are not many Bale's around so lets build up our players not tear them down,

A ways to go but getting back to form. We criticise too easily, did you see some of the other wingers out there this weekend? Alrighton more than showed his worth compared to say Walcott..... there are not many Bale's around so lets build up our players not tear them down,

Common sense? On VT? You must be new here.

Why is it that quick player never seem to run at defenders? If i was manager, i would be telling Gabby and Albrighton to run at the full backs every chance they get. **** the step overs, just kick and run.
marc is not so quick and lacks energy because he tends to lose it unnecessarily in blind headless runs. he needs to calm down and think when and what is the best option to do in different situations.

imho his best position should be on the left wing, quick trick and shoot with right foot or deliver an inswinging deadly cross.

miroslav stoch had same problems as marc and now after rethinking he is doing wonders on the left wing and right foot screamers in turkish league for fenerbahce, just check him if you want. same energetic player in similar age as marc.

Why is it that quick player never seem to run at defenders? If i was manager, i would be telling Gabby and Albrighton to run at the full backs every chance they get. **** the step overs, just kick and run.

I used to love it when Gabby did that. When he was 1 on 1 with a defender, instead of trying to do skills and anything fancy to get past, he'd just kick it far enough to get into a race with the defender and mostly win said race.

Doesnt look pretty but was very effective.

As for Marc, i'd start him on the left next game, seemed to cross better when cutting in.

like victor moses did last weekend whole match, shame it was against one of the slowest full backs in PL - luke young. it looks good and easy against slow turtles, but it is very rare situation of success these days in PL. he can try it against bosingwa or cole and i can guarantee you, he will not get any chance.

like victor moses did last weekend whole match, shame it was against one of the slowest full backs in PL - luke young. it looks good and easy against slow turtles, but it is very rare situation of success these days in PL. he can try it against bosingwa or cole and i can guarantee you, he will not get any chance.

He's got more chance of beating them in a race than trying to do some step overs.

He's going to be out for the next 2 games at least it seems according to his Twitter.

MarcAlbrighton Marc Albrighton

Out for about 10 days so been told to get ready for man city game! Could of been worse I suppose! Hate been injured tho! 10 days in the gym!

• 3 weeks later...

After a really promising start to his VP career Marc's standards seem to have slipped and I find myself wondering whether he's really got what it takes to make it in the Premiership. I started to have my doubts watching him struggle against lower class opposition in Hereford earlier in the season and don't think he's really worried any LBs this season.

In truth I think he's really a good Championship player. In his defence he's a worker but to make it at the top you really need a weapon in your armoury that scares your opponents i.e. pace, skill, strength. In all honesty Marc doesn't have any of these consistently enough. Could we really see him worrying any of the LBs at the top 6 clubs in the same why that the likes of Young, Valencia, Lennon and even Downing have? Sadly I think not although I know he's young and maybe worth persevering with.

I'd be interested in the thoughts of others?

He's doing as well as the other winger we have at the club and any other player put out on the wing apart from Gabby who has the pace to make a difference.

Maybe if the manager set up a system that got the best out of our attacking players we'd see the best of them. On the whoscored statistics site N'Zogbia and Ireland have more defensive points than attacking points as McLeish would rather them support the fullback than attack. This was reiterated v Newcastle when McLeish's biggest issue was N'Zogbia not tracking back quick enough, rather than let him do what he's best at.

The only position we're seeing the best out of a player is behind the striker and that's because they don't have the responsibilities as such.

We let a much better play go in Peter Whittingham

That's why he's still playing in the Championship eh?

Onto the original topic,

Marc is a good young player, he's got a lot of promise and needs time to establish himself further - playing more will give him more experience and guile - we'll certainly see him improve.

I feel he's been let down by those around him too - no defensive platform or midfield to rely upon.

You cannot knock his attitude or effort. He obviously loves the club and looks to give his all if called upon.

He's still a kid, let him develop.

I don't see the need for the current craze of expecting too much from young players!

I think he will join Craig Gardner, Ridgewell, Davis, Luke Moore, Whittingham etc as an also-ran.

I honestly think we overestimate the ability of most of our youngsters. Our academy is fantastic but its a tiny minority of kids who eventually make it to the top of the game. Albrighton has ability but he's shown nothing since the very beginning of last season to warrant any real hype in my opinion.

Decent squad player

Â