Marc Albrighton

kingeightyone

I think he needs to be benched and used as an impact player as right now i don't think he is being handled right. I do think he is PL quality and people are being waaaay too harsh on him, he's become the new Gabby with everyone criticising him.

The team we need to play re Fullham is the same as Sat but with Gabby on the wing instead of Albrighton and Weimann up front, is Delf fit or injured?

I think he needs to be benched and used as an impact player as right now i don't think he is being handled right. I do think he is PL quality and people are being waaaay too harsh on him, he's become the new Gabby with everyone criticising him.

The team we need to play re Fullham is the same as Sat but with Gabby on the wing instead of Albrighton and Weimann up front, is Delf fit or injured?

Agreed - I thinks its time for Weimann to get his chance.

Probably going to be repeating myself but I think Albrgihton is not quite good enough for this level. It is the same most of our youngsters too. Championship standard players. As local lads, you want them to do well, but sometimes it is obvious they are not quite good enough.

seems to have regressed this season, although thats true of a lot of our younger players. even guys like clark and bannan who showed they were technically good last season have looked worse in terms of control and passing etc this year. wonder what we do in training.

also doesnt help that under mcleish wingers are pretty much second fullbacks. other players like nzogbia, ireland, bannan and gabby have struggled out wide because for most of the game they are back behind the ball defending

Is he getting the right coaching???

I feel if he were still working with John Robertson, he'd be improving.

I can't believe we've singled out a young player - no-one in our team is playing particularly well or to their ability - the question is why on earth not???

We know our players are more than capable but something is definately amiss this season.

I can't believe we've singled out a young player - no-one in our team is playing particularly well or to their ability - the question is why on earth not???

We know our players are more than capable but something is definately amiss this season.

I dont think we have singled out a single player. I think three quarters of the current squad are getting criticism.

I dont think we have singled out a single player. I think three quarters of the current squad are getting criticism.

It was more that he's a youngster (as in the bold bit), I know others (Dunne, Collins, Hutton, Warnock et al) have had equal amounts of criticism but he's still a young lad who's come through the Academy ranks and he's being wrongly relied upon to come up with the goods every week.

His form has dipped but no one can expect him to be 100% every match can they?

He, along with the other young players need more support from McLeish and the senior players IMO.

I noticed something about the relationship between our wingers and fullbacks. When N'Zogbia plays RM/RW, Hutton plays much better because he actually sticks to RB. Now when Albrighton is on the right, Hutton bullies Marc out of position and pushes far too forward so both play terribly. N'Zogbia didn't let Hutton get forward that often because Hutton knew that N'Zogbia wouldn't check back. I think Marc was play against Blackburn. His crossing has been off lately.

Probably going to be repeating myself but I think Albrgihton is not quite good enough for this level. It is the same most of our youngsters too. Championship standard players. As local lads, you want them to do well, but sometimes it is obvious they are not quite good enough.
he is only 22 omg, what do you expect? he is not another c. ronaldo, but he is still learning and will be learning until 25 - 26. and it is the matter of tactics too, because we are not playing a proper wingers tactics.

Just a small reminder of proper tactics and player development/learning: my favourite example and player - Miroslav Stoch (Fenerbahce, age 22), he was poor as hell at the end of the last season and start of this one (same crysis as Marc had). now, with proper and simple winger tactics, he is demolishing turkish league with the bullets, goals from long range, assissts, crosses etc. again, the tactics is the problem, as we are not playing proper wingers.

he is only 22 omg, what do you expect? he is not another c. ronaldo, but he is still learning and will be learning until 25 - 26. and it is the matter of tactics too, because we are not playing a proper wingers tactics.

Just a small reminder of proper tactics and player development/learning: my favourite example and player - Miroslav Stoch (Fenerbahce, age 22), he was poor as hell at the end of the last season and start of this one (same crysis as Marc had). now, with proper and simple winger tactics, he is demolishing turkish league with the bullets, goals from long range, assissts, crosses etc. again, the tactics is the problem, as we are not playing proper wingers.

omg omg omg no need to be so defensive, its a message board. You are more defensive then McClown. Anyway I have my opinion and unless I see a big improvement in his peformances it will not be changed.

He is useful for the occasional match winning cross and can sometimes beat his man if played on the right against a sluggish FB. Any team that's been aware of him has neutralised him. I think he can improve that part of his game if he works on it.

Played on the left, most of what movement he has goes out the window. His growing uselessness then affects his confidence and his crossing.

Now that I come to think of it, some elements of his game remind me of early Milner - a right-sided winger who is busy but not too pacy. Has Albrighton ever been played centrally, say in the reserves? If he bulked up a little, improved his tackling, got grittier and grew some confidence could he ever be a box-to-box type?

He is useful for the occasional match winning cross and can sometimes beat his man if played on the right against a sluggish FB. Any team that's been aware of him has neutralised him. I think he can improve that part of his game if he works on it.

Played on the left, most of what movement he has goes out the window. His growing uselessness then affects his confidence and his crossing.

Now that I come to think of it, some elements of his game remind me of early Milner - a right-sided winger who is busy but not too pacy. Has Albrighton ever been played centrally, say in the reserves? If he bulked up a little, improved his tackling, got grittier and grew some confidence could he ever be a box-to-box type?

Agree with your comments on Marc but not the comparison to Milner. Jimmy was made of stone - always was which is why he never had pace to be much of an effective winger. Marc is made of polystyrene. Even if he bulked up doesn't have other facets to his game to make it in CM for me. i.e his passing and awareness isnt good enough.

I cant understand why people suddenly are saying that he lack the skills. Last season he was destoying Evra and now he cant beat a turtle. My opinion is that he just has a dip in form and that the tactics that McLeish is setting up doesnt suit Marc skills and style of play

Â